Prospect Info: All-Purpose Prospect Thread v16.0

belfour30

Connor Bedard Fangirl
Dec 14, 2019
Yeah, never going to have a bad draft when you get Bedard and have so many picks, but a lot of the picks they used in the later rounds were weird the day it happened, and look even worse now.
I am beyond bummed that Rehkopf got sniped in front of them he seemed like a KD/Doneghey pick.

And the pick they traded last year was higher than the pick they got this year in a draft that is nowhere near as deep.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
BC wins it.

Legault and Marcel are the same age and Legault was drafted out of Quinnipiac.
Misspoke on the “headed to program” part but was aware he was drafted out of Quinnipiac and the same age as Marcel Marcel. But Legault was already showing stuff last year as a freshman and plays a much more valuable position.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
BC survives. That honestly might be their toughest battle. Other than maybe BU I don't think any team can hang with them. They got lucky that they were just way more talented than Quinnipiac despite the latter's great experience which almost won out.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
If Jrs from Quinnipiac,Quillen and Graf hit the market /leave school to turn pro now ,Hawks shoukd be on them signibg as free agents. But KD and Hawks vaunted scoutibg depth,probably so certain about our prosoect forwards that they will pass (But look we who are a bottom 2 (or maybe bottom 3 by finish line) team cannot afford to be so overconfident about our own prospects ascto ignore sone ofvtgevtop freeagents from college that Might be available.. If some other teams who are far better than us sign the?,that would be horrible...to see KD not pursuing them when clearly there should be lots of competition to see who actually can play and impact when the team is assembled next season.

8 do not think KD can get away with another horrible assemblage of talent so that Hawks can purposely Tank to another bottom 3 or even bottom 5 squad next season.

There has to be tge appearance of realky trying to improve the team ASAP.

I realize KD does not want to give expensive longer or even mid-tern contracts tovsome vets who are more competent than the vets we have or are not re-signing...but you can get cheap (for ELC term fir college free agents.

Therexare not that many I would try to sign..but if Quillan and Graf from Quinnipiac hit the market and when Big Cornell Center Sr.Gabeiel Seger hits themarket,these are3 forwards I would target to try to sign.

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
Quinnipiac and BC headed to overtime tied 4-4. What a game.
Before the tying goal, Quinnipiac failed to get the puck in deep in their offensive zone…weak dump in attempt and turned it over just inside the blue line. Led to a quick counter attack and goal by BC.

Amazingly repeated the error a minute or two later, but didn’t result in another goal against.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Before the tying goal, Quinnipiac failed to get the puck in deep in their offensive zone…weak dump in attempt and turned it over just inside the blue line. Led to a quick counter attack and goal by BC.

Amazingly repeated the error a minute or two later, but didn’t result in another goal against.

Ironically enough, it was Graf who was the one who didn't put the puck in deep.

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
BC wins it.

Misspoke on the “headed to program” part but was aware he was drafted out of Quinnipiac and the same age as Marcel Marcel. But Legault was already showing stuff last year as a freshman and plays a much more valuable position.

We have a ton of D in the system who project as 4-7s. Why not take a swing on a 6'4", 240lbs player that had a solid showing at the WJC? It's not as if either project as much of anything at the NHL level.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
We have a ton of D in the system who project as 4-7s. Why not take a swing on a 6'4", 240lbs player that had a solid showing at the WJC? It's not as if either project as much of anything at the NHL level.
1) we really don’t have right shot D. 2) I enjoy players who have good WJCs and are good players in their league. Drafting a guy based on 4-6 game sample sizes isn’t good.

It feels like a pattern though, a lot of our 2023 draft was guys that had good WJC showings.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
It feels like a pattern though, a lot of our 2023 draft was guys that had good WJC showings.
Kyle wants to draft winners. Guys that step up on the big stage. Because those are the guys that don't shrink during the playoffs.

So I understand the mentality.

But they still gotta be playing great hockey during the regular season too. I don't think that's been the case with every pick unfortunately.

Reactions: TLEH

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
1) we really don’t have right shot D. 2) I enjoy players who have good WJCs and are good players in their league. Drafting a guy based on 4-6 game sample sizes isn’t good.

I’m assuming you’re taking about the U20 world juniors?

Because Moore, Kantserov and Lardis didn’t play in their draft year and they look like good picks.

Bedard obviously. Gajan who was absolutely phenomenal, and goalies take time no matter what.
Misiak, sure not a fan of that one.

And Marcel and Oscarson were 5th and 6th round picks, throw a dart at the board.

I think you’re getting twisted for no reason.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
I’m assuming you’re taking about the U20 world juniors?

Because Moore, Kantserov and Lardis didn’t play in their draft year and they look like good picks.

Bedard obviously. Gajan who was absolutely phenomenal, and goalies take time no matter what.
Misiak, sure not a fan of that one.

And Marcel and Oscarson were 5th and 6th round picks, throw a dart at the board.

I think you’re getting twisted for no reason.
Not twisted about it just making commentary. A year out and while there were some good picks in there so far like you mentioned, there were some dumb throw aways, too. Carolina was a couple picks behind us most picks and mopped up.

Was really just discussing guys who got overdrafted due to small sample size stuff, like Gajan from his four starts at the WJC or Misiak for a USHL playoff run at 18.5 years old. Or Marcel who played at WJC but did nothing in the Q but had another decent playoffs.

Rykov after Pharand.
Perron after Felcman.
Felix Unger Sorum after Misiak
Legault after Marcel

I would trade every prospect they picked for who we picked.

Last edited:

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
Bedard right shot center with Demidov left shot right wing not an ideal combo. Still would require a big body on the other side.

After Celibrini, there’s no consensus. We’re going to have some happy posters, and some disappointed ones. Have to say that I find it impossible to know who the Hawks should pick at 2-5.

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
Bedard right shot center with Demidov left shot right wing not an ideal combo. Still would require a big body on the other side.

After Celibrini, there’s no consensus. We’re going to have some happy posters, and some disappointed ones. Have to say that I find it impossible to know who the Hawks should pick at 2-5.
Brayden Point and Kucherov 2.0

I think Mackinnon and Rantanen as well.

Im sure there are plenty others. I dont think this makes a difference.

dj Mahoney

Apr 11, 2021
Missing In action so far in playoffs. Anybody have any idea , nothing from Erie news feed.

Attachments

• martin-misiak.jpg
    martin-misiak.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 1

bwanajamba

Apr 18, 2019

That's like an issue in Mites when kids only skate in straight lines up the ice. Bedard's best wing the entire season has been a lefty on his right wing and they've shown very good chemistry together. Don't see it being a issue with a more talented player in Demidov

Reactions: Pez68

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad