Prospect Info: All-Purpose Prospect Thread v16.0

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
Michigan-MSU rematch is gonna be a good one

Acknowledging up front this is a selfish take on this - but I hope Michigan loses to MSU on Sunday so Nazar's season will be over with still 8 games remaining on the Hawks schedule so if he does decide to turn pro we can hopefully see him in a handful of games.

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
Long while away to find out

Yeah most likely because he's still a little light on the scale - however - he's not a skinny weakling at all and was in fact one of the top athletes in the NHL prospect combine last June - scoring 1st in a couple things and top-10 in several others - from among the 100+ draft eligible players who attended the combine. He scored 1st in pull-ups which speaks to his upper body strength, and 1st in vertical jump and 7th in standing long jump which speaks to his lower body strength.

So while agree he probably spends next season back in the OHL - I do think he has a good chance to be a top-6 scoring winger.

wladyslaw

Aug 19, 2013
Yeah most likely because he's still a little light on the scale - however - he's not a skinny weakling at all and was in fact one of the top athletes in the NHL prospect combine last June - scoring 1st in a couple things and top-10 in several others - from among the 100+ draft eligible players who attended the combine. He scored 1st in pull-ups which speaks to his upper body strength, and 1st in vertical jump and 7th in standing long jump which speaks to his lower body strength.

So while agree he probably spends next season back in the OHL - I do think he has a good chance to be a top-6 scoring winger.
Regarding Vertical Jump and long jump.... Really does NOT speak to strength.... Vertical/Long jump tests really speak to Fast muscle twitch and SPEED!!!! Which is more important in Hockey and Basketball for example.

Reactions: Malaka and Pez68

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Lokomotov advances totgeir KHL Coference Finalwith quarter-final victory takibgvtgeirxseriesxwith Avongard 4 games to 3...The score in this victory today was 2-0 for Lokomotiv..

ARTUiR KAYUMOV with their 1st goalie tge game.

(He isxa freexagent on May2st ...so Hawks coukd sign hom for next season unless he decides to re-sign and stay in Russia.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Really dislike that Kantserov is in Russia until 2026

I wanted him developing in Rockford
I think he is poised for a prime role in the KHL with how much he stepped it up this postseason. I initially felt the same as you but thinking through it, Rockford is going to be a bit crowded with recent draft picks that you want getting ice time while leaving room for some veterans to help them along. The biggest worry with staying in Russia is the khl team has no incentive to care about his development because there’s no transfer fee or anything like that if and when he leaves. But if he’s earning ice time then they’ll have incentive to play him just to try and win.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Metallurg Magnitogorsk won the game 3-0 over Spartak Moscow...win series 4-2and advance to their Conference Final.
So Kantseriv advances on...

Mettallurg will play Automobalst in their Conference Final

Lokomotiv will play Traktor in their Conference Final..

The winners of these KHL semi-finals ofvthe league will then advance to the KHL Championship Final..

So IF Lomomotiv and Metallurg win their next series,we woukd see Kayumov+Shalunov vs Kantserov in the Chamionship series.

I doubt Shalunov would cone over at his age now but Kayumov if Hawks want to sign him is a free agent as of May1st...

Kansterov as noted in posts by others is under contract for Metallurg 2 more seasons after this one ends.

Last edited:

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
Regarding Vertical Jump and long jump.... Really does NOT speak to strength.... Vertical/Long jump tests really speak to Fast muscle twitch and SPEED!!!! Which is more important in Hockey and Basketball for example.

I stand corrected - thanks for the clarification. But - still a good thing and speaks well of his athleticism.

Reactions: wladyslaw

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
ARTUiR KAYUMOV with their 1st goalie tge game.

(He isxa freexagent on May2st ...so Hawks coukd sign hom for next season unless he decides to re-sign and stay in Russia.
I'd like to see the Hawks make one last push to sign, just to kick the tires if nothing else. Give him a go in Training Camp and if it doesn't work out, he can go back to Russia but at least they'll have seen if there's nothing there. Low ceiling player but I'd be surprised if not better than R. Johnson and Entwistle and possibly as good as the Raddyshes of the world.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
I like that my favorite team is drafting a double overager out of the Q that doesn't do anything, and Carolina is drafting a 6'3 RD headed to an elite college program. Thats fun.

Legault playing great for Quinnipiac.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I like that my favorite team is drafting a double overager out of the Q that doesn't do anything, and Carolina is drafting a 6'3 RD headed to an elite college program. Thats fun.

Don't forget that prior to drafting Mr. Heavyweight, they picked Pharand who hasn't improved this year but don't worry because HE'S FAST! And before that they reached on the practically unranked Felcman in the 3rd round!

Reactions: TLEH

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Don't forget that prior to drafting Mr. Heavyweight, they picked Pharand who hasn't improved this year but don't worry because HE'S FAST! And before that they reached on the practically unranked Felcman in the 3rd round!
Yeah, never going to have a bad draft when you get Bedard and have so many picks, but a lot of the picks they used in the later rounds were weird the day it happened, and look even worse now.

Reactions: Kevin Musto

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022

Legault and Marcel are the same age and Legault was drafted out of Quinnipiac.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad