All-Purpose News Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
LOL I had no idea they cut Blackheart and Tegan from the names. Probably the worst examples yet.

Tegan actually goes by Tegan Nox. It was only on her debut that it was Nox. And everyone calls Shotzi just Shotzi, Blackheart has been irrelevant pretty much since she became a star. Commentators, fans, everyone just calls her Shotzi.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
The trend there seems to be just getting down to one name: Buddy Murphy, Matt Riddle, Shotzi Blackheart, Tegan Nox.

So probably just Adam, or just Cole.

The point of the name change was that there's already Mitchell Cole, which I halfed joke about before. And Adam is too generic. He probably would have been AC or Cole Adams or something like that.

Meanwhile in AEW (Not counting families) there's 2 Cages, 2 Pages and 2 (K)Cassidy's. 2 Roberts too if you wanna count Jake and Justin.

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
The point of the name change was that there's already Mitchell Cole, which I halfed joke about before. And Adam is too generic. He probably would have been AC or Cole Adams or something like that.

Meanwhile in AEW (Not counting families) there's 2 Cages, 2 Pages and 2 (K)Cassidy's. 2 Roberts too if you wanna count Jake and Justin.

And 2 Andersons and 2 Sky(e)s. And none of it matters. It doesn't confuse anyone. WWE has been ridiculous about this for a long time. Lance Cade was Garrison Cade because of Lance Storm. Joey Matthews was Joey Mercury because of Josh Matthews. Shane Helms was Gregory Helms because of Shane McMahon.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
And 2 Andersons and 2 Sky(e)s. And none of it matters. It doesn't confuse anyone. WWE has been ridiculous about this for a long time. Lance Cade was Garrison Cade because of Lance Storm. Joey Matthews was Joey Mercury because of Josh Matthews. Shane Helms was Gregory Helms because of Shane McMahon.

Steven Regal became William because of Austin, Nowadays he would have just been Regal probably

Reactions: Megahab

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
2022 Royal Rumble will be on January 29 in St. Louis - in their football stadium. It is a Saturday.

Reactions: Jussi

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Dave is hearing WWE is looking at a UK stadium show in 2022. That would make 6 next year. They’re trying to do more stadiums.

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
Dave is hearing WWE is looking at a UK stadium show in 2022. That would make 6 next year. They’re trying to do more stadiums.
As long as the build up is good for all of them than I dont mind. PPV's feel more special when they have them in hig stadiums. Bigger crowds with more energy can really make the matches and moments feel bigger/more important.

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto

I love stadium shows, especially open roof ones. But I hope they don't overdo it to the point it doesn't feel special anymore.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Report from Fightful says that USA is tired of WWE using tricks (like brand to brand invitations and raw underground) and scapegoats to combat and excuse declining ratings and expects WWE to simply produce better television and storylines. Same site also says that USA likes the changes to NXT.

blueandgoldguy

Oct 8, 2010
Greg's River Heights
I haven't sat down and watched a weekly wrestling program in several years, but I noticed AEW's primary tv show has been averaging 1.2 - 1.3 million lately while WWE RAW is now averaging 1.6 - 1.7 million. I know they are on different nights. If AEW keeps up the positive momentum and RAW continues to be poorly booked and received by the public, I could see AEW pass it in the ratings by early next year. Who knows...maybe Smackdown will be next?

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
FOX was airing Smackdown commercials during NFL games on Sunday. What stood out to me is that they are promoting it as a "new season" to begin on Friday. Since when was wrestling broken down by seasons? Curious if they are using a traditional broadcast schedule as a driver of story lines and arcs. Are they or have they been pattering programs to coincide with the television season format?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad