All-Purpose News Thread Part II

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
So one of three guys getting a black eye means getting their asses beat? Or does Ace biting Kenny score points there too.

Not sure what your point is considering everyone knows those guys aren't tough guys anyhow. Mind you I'm sure if anyone who posts here put their body thru what the Bucks and Kenny do they'd be lying in bed for weeks.

Pretty sure we know who gets the points in a 3 on 2 fight where the three come out with the damage. :biglaugh:

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
“Considering Punk made a douchebag comment to Jack what was he supposed to say nothing?” You make it seem like Jack is merely responding when he provoked the entire thing doing his internet wrestling dweeb pandering BS with his douchebag comment

Yeah over almost 20 years on these hockey boards, talking mostly hockey in game day threads! I’m not an internet wrestling dweeb- the toxic, tribalist community I am referring to. If that offends you because you consider yourself one of those people then that is a “you” problem

You say you don’t know what’s going on behind the scenes yet you are speaking in a lot of facts about how people act behind the scene lmaooooooo

It’s ok do you. You don’t like him and that’s cool, I happen to appreciate how upfront he is about being an asshole. Breath of fresh air.

I think something we can all agree on is that Tony is really bad at being the top guy. Nobody respects him as a boss or a leader. Maybe as a friend.
I pretty much read nothing about wrestling other than here which is something I'm sure you can't say. Not that I care if someone does anyhow. I said earlier that Perry is obviously a spoiled bitch but he's not the one who threw the hissy fit and physically attacked a coworker.

I actually love CM Punk as a wrestler(at least before he turned to glass) but he's a douche bag of a person and always has been. You can like him all you want but denying that he's been a cancer in his career is hilarious.

And yes, I do agree with your last paragraph even if it is hyperbole considering a poster here who is friends with an AEW wrestler said the backstage mood/attitude in the company is great.

Pretty sure we know who gets the points in a 3 on 2 fight where the three come out with the damage. :biglaugh:
You said asses beat which didn't happen at all. Again, what's your point here or you just trolling?

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I pretty much read nothing about wrestling other than here which is something I'm sure you can't say. Not that I care if someone does anyhow. I said earlier that Perry is obviously a spoiled bitch but he's not the one who threw the hissy fit and physically attacked a coworker.

I actually love CM Punk as a wrestler(at least before he turned to glass) but he's a douche bag of a person and always has been. You can like him all you want but denying that he's been a cancer in his career is hilarious.

And yes, I do agree with your last paragraph even if it is hyperbole considering a poster here who is friends with an AEW wrestler said the backstage mood/attitude in the company is great.

You said asses beat which didn't happen at all. Again, what's your point here or you just trolling?
He did throw a hissy fit though and that’s why punk was involved with him/the glass in the first place (even though he wanted nothing to do with it- at that point he had already asked for his release- and he got dragged into telling him no glass by Tony Schiavone after Jack had cussed out 3 guys including the doctor)

Last edited:

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Things that are true:

- Punk is a sensitive egomaniac who has trouble controlling himself and who should learn when to let go.
- Jack Perry is a little bitch who pushed the issue too far
- Tony Khan has no spine
- The EVPs, especially the Bucks, are conniving little pricks who put their vision of wrestling over the financial well-being of the company
- AEW offers an alternative to WWE and it is important that the company survives so wrestling fans can get some of that too.

There is no babyface here. CM Punk is just better at being an upfront prick than the others :laugh:
I think this is a perfect summary

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Reactions: OKR

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
He did throw a hissy fit though and that’s why punk was involved with him/the glass in the first place (even though he wanted nothing to do with it- at that point he had already asked for his release- and he got dragged into telling him no glass by Tony Schiavone after Jack had cussed out 3 guys including the doctor)
Well yeah I guess, certainly not to the level of choking someone but whatever.

Reactions: CDJ

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
I lost interest in AEW during the whole EVP Punk drama and have just kept up since

WWE is leaps and bounds better at the moment

AEW has too many stories and wrestlers I dont care about

• Haha
Reactions: SnS

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
sempervive so much more reasonable and responsible of a journo than the “goofs” who are getting eaten alive in their own channels comments

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
sempervive so much more reasonable and responsible of a journo than the “goofs” who are getting eaten alive in their own channels comments
I'd bet $10 that the average IQ of the people making the comments is < 80.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I'd bet $10 that the average IQ of the people making the comments is < 80.
Well that’s YouTube commenters for you. They’re not wrong in this instance though!

Sempervive’s take is the correct one while the goofs continue to look awful on this story. They’re coping so hard right now.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Cody put AEW over in his interview today. Said he didn't agree with Punk's assessment of their business.
Saw something about his interview that made it sound like he left AEW over people's opinion of Brandi...didn't have time to look more into it

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Saw something about his interview that made it sound like he left AEW over people's opinion of Brandi...didn't have time to look more into it

I heard part of that clip so I might have missed some context, but it sounded more like he was really angry with how she was treated by unnamed parties after they decided to leave.

That she was scapegoated and the victim of misinformation (I guess the implication that someone was spreading lies to the sheets).

He said they "know who they are" but didn't go beyond that at hinting at who he was talking about.

I would guess he is definitely not talking about The Elite as he is still friends with them.

I vaguely remember some unflattering reports about Brandi hitting the sheets around that time, but I could be misremembering.

He also might not even be talking about people inside AEW. I recall Brian Last had a lot of awful shit to say about Brandi on Corny's pod during that time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fro

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon

IDK how she was or what she did behind the scenes or if that was even what he was talking about. But as an on-screen character she was absolutely awful and had go away heat.

I've seen one of the Lambert promos on her going around with captions like "Cody has a point this guy absolutely destroyed her"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad