All-Purpose News Thread Part II

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The Rock and Roman Reigns are scheduled to be on The Tonight Show this Wednesday ( April 3rd ). I wonder if Cody Rhodes and Seth Rollins will make a surprise appearance ???? :dunno:
Probably. Jim Fallon is about that.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
20240401_011056.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: MAHJ71 and CDJ

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
Week of sour grapes. First Rousey has been on a sour grape tour.

And now Goldberg is on one.
Every time Ronda opens her mouth cringe comes out. She's been on a streak of this since her first UFC loss.

Some of her book excerpts were gross simply because she's making money bitching about shit that happened to other people in the WWE when she wasn't even there. Like, yeah, a lot of that stuff did happen, but it didn't happen to you, and my guess is you're not sharing book revenue with the people it did happen to, so you're profiting off other people's mistreatment.

Goldberg just went way off the deep end. Dude complained about Bret sounding like a bitter old f*** who wont let it go, and then proceeds to sound like a bitter old f*** himself, bitching about "Some Japanese Girl" that broke his make believe streak... Which was in a completely different wrestling company.

Reactions: CDJ

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
Ronda is really bitter about not getting her flowers for making women's mma a thing... but like, she did. literally every door was opened for her to make money elsewhere

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
Ronda is really bitter about not getting her flowers for making women's mma a thing... but like, she did. literally every door was opened for her to make money elsewhere

My take on that is probably unpopular... She doesn't really deserve that much credit. She had a good run when women's MMA was still in it's baby period and she was dominating a subpar talent group. As we've learned from her WWE run, she's not a great personality, so her "Dominance" got her over, but look at her "Dominance" as what it really was... She dominated a shit division. Once the real fighters emerged, she got the shit kicked out of her and then was a sore loser about it.

It'd be like if AJ Lee went on an endless tirade of bitching that she's the greatest women's wrestler and gave birth to the women's division out of the Divas era. Like, yes, you played a big part in that, but in hindsight she stood out among a room full of Divas. Put her in the women's division now? She doesn't really stand out as much.

Reactions: DaaaaB's

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
My take on that is probably unpopular... She doesn't really deserve that much credit. She had a good run when women's MMA was still in it's baby period and she was dominating a subpar talent group. As we've learned from her WWE run, she's not a great personality, so her "Dominance" got her over, but look at her "Dominance" as what it really was... She dominated a shit division. Once the real fighters emerged, she got the shit kicked out of her and then was a sore loser about it.

It'd be like if AJ Lee went on an endless tirade of bitching that she's the greatest women's wrestler and gave birth to the women's division out of the Divas era. Like, yes, you played a big part in that, but in hindsight she stood out among a room full of Divas. Put her in the women's division now? She doesn't really stand out as much.
i see her as the one who got women paid. doesn't matter how shitty her comp was; people paid to watch

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
i see her as the one who got women paid. doesn't matter how shitty her comp was; people paid to watch

What's the top woman even being paid though?

The UFC is notorious for not paying jack shit unless you're one of the top personalities.

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
What's the top woman even being paid though?

The UFC is notorious for not paying jack shit unless you're one of the top personalities.
google says the top 5 most paid (in the history of UFC) all came after Ronda - Ronda being #2 and Nunes #1 with almost $9M made

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
google says the top 5 most paid (in the history of UFC) all came after Ronda - Ronda being #2 and Nunes #1 with almost $9M made

Oh I have no doubt they all came after her.

I just doubt that they get that much, still. Honestly considering how much she's fought, Nunes at $9M is absurdly low.

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
Oh I have no doubt they all came after her.

I just doubt that they get that much, still. Honestly considering how much she's fought, Nunes at $9M is absurdly low.
oh i don't doubt it either cuz i know the men also aren't getting paid much.

anyway, Ronda got her flowers but she still feels like she's been done wrong. i don't get her

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Anyone know where I can watch the Bray Wyatt doc? We don’t have peacock in Canada.

Nevermind, got it!

Last edited:

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
He definitely didn't do AEW any favors, but I don't think his words made him look as innocent as I am guessing he believes...

Admitting to choking a coworker isn't exactly smart

Reactions: Apex Predator

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
He definitely didn't do AEW any favors, but I don't think his words made him look as innocent as I am guessing he believes...

Admitting to choking a coworker isn't exactly smart
All he did was prove that he started it not Perry. Just typical Punk drama queen shit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad