Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 3, 2012

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
Damn. Do you have your masters?

Why do pro golfers continually play with his Clown? Rory, DJ, Hideki..... everyone knows he is an idiot, why don't they say it?

You left out Tiger! And I don't think all of them feel the same way about him as we do (though in Tiger's case, he also played golf with Obama so it could be just a case of him respecting the office of the president)

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
Damn. Do you have your masters?

Yep. Pretty much a requirement if you want to make a decent career for yourself in this field.

Why do pro golfers continually play with his Clown? Rory, DJ, Hideki..... everyone knows he is an idiot, why don't they say it?

Because they're morally bankrupt privileged clowns. But, I mean, if they can keep the unqualified 2 year old away from the Oval Office... the better chance humanity has at surviving until he's removed from office.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
You left out Tiger! And I don't think all of them feel the same way about him as we do (though in Tiger's case, he also played golf with Obama so it could be just a case of him respecting the office of the president)

#NotMyPresident

But yeah, I think these guys separate the political stuff from the person and pretend his reprehensible views (though some probably share them too) cease to exist while they're teeing it up with Mango. Probably hard for them to turn it down considering he has some influence in the golf world too.

Jan 3, 2012
#NotMyPresident

But yeah, I think these guys separate the political stuff from the person and pretend his reprehensible views (though some probably share them too) cease to exist while they're teeing it up with Mango. Probably hard for them to turn it down considering he has some influence in the golf world too.

I can't see him having much influence in the golf world now that nobody respects him.

I don't like that Tiger blog, Wobbl. He should be ironing his schedule down by now... these things need to be known so I can plan my year around it. :(

Nah mate, plan your year around the cryptocurrency market. :nod:

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
@Soliloquy of a Dogge, this is a problem. None of these guys completed the career grand slam.

I think the toughest one for Spieth was always gonna be the Open. Now that he's knocked that one out of the way, there's no way he won't eventually complete the career Slam. Some of the traditional PGA venues are prime tracks for him to tear up even with his B game, in my opinion.

Unless Rors fixes his game on the greens and learns how to read them & putt, it will be tough for him to snag a Green Jacket. He has the potential to overpower Augusta and contend even with that area of his game merely average though so I think he'll capture lightning in a bottle one of these years and eek one out.

Mickelson will never win a US Open though lol. He'll finish 2nd from now until the end of time :sarcasm:

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I think the toughest one for Spieth was always gonna be the Open. Now that he's knocked that one out of the way, there's no way he won't eventually complete the career Slam. Some of the traditional PGA venues are prime tracks for him to tear up even with his B game, in my opinion.

Unless Rors fixes his game on the greens and learns how to read them & putt, it will be tough for him to snag a Green Jacket. He has the potential to overpower Augusta and contend even with that area of his game merely average though so I think he'll capture lightning in a bottle one of these years and eek one out.

Mickelson will never win a US Open though lol. He'll finish 2nd from now until the end of time :sarcasm:

Funny, I'm worried about Jordan's putting. We'll see how he starts out the year. If he doesn't have his putting back to normal, thats not going to be good.

They'll both probably win the career grand slam in the next few years, in my opinion. Just gotta run the percentages. Even if its not a good event for them, they should win it once every 10 or so times just because of their career win percentages. I don't know about Phil though, I think he has one more run in him, but every time he should win the US Open, he does something stupid and finishes second, as you mentioned.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Don't like that. He was awful at TP last year, the South course is extremely tough, I don't like these events with two courses, and TP is routinely ranked as one of the worst courses on tour by the players.

I know he has good history at the event and course, but I don't know its really going to help him at this point. I wanted him to start with an easier event like the Sony Open.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
Don't like that. He was awful at TP last year, the South course is extremely tough, I don't like these events with two courses, and TP is routinely ranked as one of the worst courses on tour by the players.

I know he has good history at the event and course, but I don't know its really going to help him at this point. I wanted him to start with an easier event like the Sony Open.
He's a stubborn old dog.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich
Jan 3, 2012
Jordan strikes back with -7.

Is Mark Leishman actually gunna become like Stenson/Rose tier good or what?
It's getting hard to determine if these players that go on insane hot streaks for a few months are just on a heater or legitimate elite players.

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
Just bought a new set of clubs to force myself to actually take up golf. Contemplating lessons but not sure if it's best to work on my swing first and tweek or just go straight to lessons. Hit most clubs pretty well except my 3wood.

Jan 3, 2012
Just bought a new set of clubs to force myself to actually take up golf. Contemplating lessons but not sure if it's best to work on my swing first and tweek or just go straight to lessons. Hit most clubs pretty well except my 3wood.

I would say start out by getting lessons and avoid developing bad habits/muscle memory of a flawed swing. It will be much easier to build a good swing with an instructor if you don't have to battle an old swing. That said, some people are very athletic and can pick up a club and immediately have no issues hitting it well.

Reactions: LickTheEnvelope
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad