Golf: All Purpose Golf Thread | 2017-18 PGA Tour schedule in post #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 3, 2012
Hate? Justin Thomas has had a better career than this guy in 1 year! He's been a pro now for 8 years, why does the media make him out to be so good? 4 career wins in 8 years!

He has good results outside the wins. Top 5 in all majors in one year. It's not like he's some Dufner who gets a win every season or so and then 2 top tens all year. Maybe not the best example but u get the idea.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Don't forget Fitzpatrick

Not forgetting him. 40 players can't win majors in the same year. I like Fitzpatrick's game, but there are only 4 majors.

My early picks

Masters: Rahm
US Open: Reed
Open: Hatton
PGA: Spieth

I'm hoping Tiger wins one of these majors, but I'm done picking him to win majors. He's gotta prove it. Even when he was healthy and playing well in 2012 and 2013, he was underperforming in majors.

Some other who I think could win: McIlroy, Day, Berger, Schauffele, Rose, Cantlay

Thats 10 names right there. I'd be surprised if three of the four are not won by those four. I think there's a chance all four could.

Jan 3, 2012
Ah, I wasn't really thinking about the major part of the post. Just that you address Hatton while Fitz was like 2 shots behind.

I have no idea who wins what, but I hope Hideki gets one.

I'd like to see Jordan win another at Augusta. Not that he won't eventually.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
He'll probably win, no real challengers. He looks better than last season, but not dominant Day, like we've seen before.

I don't think Jordan showed up prepared, and watching his pre-tournament news conference, I got the sense that he was aware that he wasn't prepared coming into this tournament. His putting has been so bad this week, including the lag putting, which is never a problem for him. Still should get a top 10, and maybe can contend if he shoots a very low round tomorrow. Doesn't help that Greller isn't on the bag this week, I think he's misreading more putts than usual. The top caddies are worth a few shots per tournament.

Fleetwood might win again on the European Tour. He's had an excellent year. He's come out of nowhere. England's had a good year, between Rose, Fleetwood, Hatton and Fitzpatrick. If they could only get Willett back to playing well, Casey to actually win an event, and one last run from Westwood, they might be in business.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
No, I don't want that, I don't think I'd even watch that. And it could turn awful if both lose, so lets hope that doesn't happen. They can rotate contending in majors from now on, as far as I'm concerned.

Did anyone see the Hero pairings? They are all so staged.

Stenson and Noren-Right, that makes sense, both Swedes
Fleetwood and Rose-Both from England, logical
DJ and Koepka-Good friends
Thomas and Woods-They recently struck up a friendship

Now here's the kicker

Kuchar and Spieth-Tournament director is trolling Kuchar so bad. :laugh:

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia

Yeah, that looks about right to me.

Pat has a baby due on December 5th, and if it comes a few days early then it will interfere with this week's tournament. Hopefully Pat will make the proper decision here if that ends up happening. And by that, I mean he should skip the birth and stay in the tournament. Can't miss out on these free OWGR points!

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich
Jan 3, 2012
Yeah, that looks about right to me.

Pat has a baby due on December 5th, and if it comes a few days early then it will interfere with this week's tournament. Hopefully Pat will make the proper decision here if that ends up happening. And by that, I mean he should skip the birth and stay in the tournament. Can't miss out on these free OWGR points!

By proper decision you mean withdraw after 2 rounds when you're leading by three strokes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia