Golf: All Purpose Golf Thread | 2017-18 PGA Tour schedule in post #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
The European tour is going to have an event with a shot clock, will be interesting to see.

The European tour is taking its commitment to ending slow play to the next level with the announcement of the inaugural Shot Clock Masters.

In June, the stars of the European tour will venture to the new event at Diamond Country Club in Austria, where they will be timed on every shot they take. The first golfer to hit will receive 50 seconds to plan and play his shot, while each subsequent player gets just 40 seconds.

https://www.google.ca/amp/amp.golf....eware-shot-clock-masters-debut-euro-tour-2018

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
Don't like it.

How are they going to apply the rules? Stand a few feet away from the golfer with a stop watch? It would seriously get annoying, might disrupt someone's ability to concentrate.

shot-clock-masters.jpg

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich
Jan 3, 2012
Good for Smylie. Against a shitty field but good golf is good golf regardless.

I wonder if those guys love those weak field events. If I was one of them middling tour players I bet I would.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York

Can Obama help him with his putting alignment? :help: He would've won 7 or 8 times last year if it was like normal.

I heard an interview with Cam McCormick this week and he said one of their big points this offseason was shorter putting, which is good news. Ball-striking was one of the big points of emphasis last season, and look what he did. They know what they are doing, just gotta make sure the putting gets improved this offseason. Last season I thought the longer putting was fine, the alignment issues become a problem more on the shorter putts within 15 feet.

Last edited:

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Has anyone ever looked at the Sagarin Golf Rankings? They have Justin Thomas as the 25th best player in the world, and Paul Casey as the 2nd best. Also, they think Fowler's the best and Rory 30th.

Its not some random rankings though, there's a formula to it based on how players do in events compared to each other instead of accumulating points.

http://rankings.golfweek.com/rankings/default.asp?T=world#explanation

The explanation of how it works is at the bottom. I think its mostly bad, but its worth looking at. It looks to reward consistency instead of erratic results.

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
Has anyone ever looked at the Sagarin Golf Rankings? They have Justin Thomas as the 25th best player in the world, and Paul Casey as the 2nd best. Also, they think Fowler's the best and Rory 30th.

Its not some random rankings though, there's a formula to it based on how players do in events compared to each other instead of accumulating points.

http://rankings.golfweek.com/rankings/default.asp?T=world#explanation

The explanation of how it works is at the bottom. I think its mostly bad, but its worth looking at. It looks to reward consistency instead of erratic results.

Look who's all the way up to 48th! Time to hop back on the Landwagon?

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
I'm very happy to read that, very good news. I thought he was going to return then, but you can't be sure until he announces it.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Nice to see The Olympic Club get another major and a Ryder Cup.

Its horrible though because its the PGA. That course should host nothing but US Opens. It'll be ruined hosting PGA's. I read they were offered the 2027 US Open, but they couldn't come to an agreement, probably money. Olympic is probably the most picturesque US Open venue there is, not going to be as good with the PGA logo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad