Prospect Info: All Prospect Talk Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kentti

Oct 5, 2012
Have you seen anything that explains why Jokerit is playing so poorly lately? After a slow start to the season they played better for a while and now they're back to playing poorly again.

Jokerit has suffered a lot of injuries, for example their best player Steve Moses is injured. Jokerit have been forced to suit up players from their farm team Kiekko-Vantaa, a lot of young untested guys playing their first games in the big club. As a result of this, the players never get used to each other and lineups are changing from game to game. In addition, coaching staff hasn't been able to step up and though Jokerit is one of the most skilled teams in the Finnish Elite League, they are executing boring dump and chase hockey and rarely get any good scoring chances because they are just playing in the corners and the opposition lets them do that. You don't score from there.

Also I believe one factor is that the players are wondering what their fate will be because Jokerit plays in the KHL next year. A lot of reasons why Jokerit isn't playing well. The coaching staff should do something or they find themselves fired soon.

Highlights from yesterday's TT's game: http://www.ruutu.fi/ohjelmat/sm-liiga/huippuhetket-jokerit-hifk-29112013

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Saw some of the Ohio State vs. Michigan game in intermissions and a few quick switches during the Hawks game tonight.. JARDINE played a ton and very well for Ohio State...Motte played hard fir Michigan...

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
I think we need to drop a note to Stanbo...you ain't got diddley squat in Simpson and Carruth neither of who will ever make it to the next level of The Show.. Mistake in ever drafting either of them...Gotta get serious in drafting goalies earlier and in quatity earlier in the next draft..if scouts do not like this coming draft crop THeN scour NCAA free agent goalies to be availanle or euro goalie free agent pros. .cause Simpson and Carruth won't get re-signed when their contracts expire..be crazy to re-up guys who cannot stop a beacj ball let alone a puck.. Oll we have the thin guy Raamta..bit after that...and he might be just average...but after that. ..we are poor in top grade goalie talent to develop.

MTP

I Love Shinpads
Jan 19, 2010
Downers Grove, IL
I think we need to drop a note to Stanbo...you ain't got diddley squat in Simpson and Carruth neither of who will ever make it to the next level of The Show.. Mistake in ever drafting either of them...Gotta get serious in drafting goalies earlier and in quatity earlier in the next draft..if scouts do not like this coming draft crop THeN scour NCAA free agent goalies to be availanle or euro goalie free agent pros. .cause Simpson and Carruth won't get re-signed when their contracts expire..be crazy to re-up guys who cannot stop a beacj ball let alone a puck.. Oll we have the thin guy Raamta..bit after that...and he might be just average...but after that. ..we are poor in top grade goalie talent to develop.

Simpson was a second round draft pick and the third ranked NA goalie going into the draft. And he's also only 21, as is Carruth. A little early to write off a goaltending prospect, no?

ChiGuySez

Cody Parkey GOAT
Oct 4, 2006
Rockfords d is poor. As far as rostered dmen and aside from Dahlbeck and Clendening who is posting sick offensive numbers, the rest are UFAs and AHL contract players.

Hopefully Johns will be signed after this season and Fournier, Brown and others next year unless they cut short their jr eligibility and move to the AHL.

moose vasko

Mar 3, 2011
I haven't seen Rockford this year but in past they always had that look of being a poorly coached team. 7-1 loss last night to fall to 500. Maybe we could do better.

Hawkscap

Jan 22, 2007

IIRC correctly, you said just about the same thing about Craig Anderson when he was here.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Goaltenders, in my opinion, are the toughest to scout, evaluate, and develop. They tend to round into form a little later than skaters (thought d-men can take some time, too) and being in the minors can still be tough to evaluate them. As pointed out, if they have a bad team in front of them it can skew some things. It's just tricky all around and often takes time which is fine. It's far too early to pull the plug on any.

Kentti

Oct 5, 2012
Teuvo Teräväinen's Jokerit won Ässät today 1-2. TT had an assist on the second Jokerit goal. A much better game for Jokerit and TT.

Teräväinen is now 3 G + 13 A = 16 P in 23 games this season.

Elbows Nesterenko

Jul 6, 2013
I haven't seen Rockford this year but in past they always had that look of being a poorly coached team. 7-1 loss last night to fall to 500. Maybe we could do better.
Long time lurker, first time poster here. After attending last night's Hogs - Wolves game, the premise of this post seems to be true. Maybe the group of young Hogs is happy reading the rampant fanboy praise in forums such as this. The Wolves were a stride or two faster to everything. The Hogs' forwards showed little desire to follow their checks into the defensive zone. Most glaring of all was the indiscipline shown by veteran players like Brookbank and Peckham, who took bad penalties. Instead of showing veteran leadership to young players, these two showed why (skills, or not) they are in the AHL.

Maybe the Hawks can fix the coaching by bringing a young up and comer to Rockford who can possibly succeed Q when the time comes.

Elbows Nesterenko

Jul 6, 2013
Hard to imagine a world class goalie stopping more than one, or two of the 7 goals the Hogs surrendered last night. The jury is definitely still out on these two. better to find out now if they can, or can't make it.

moose vasko

Mar 3, 2011
Long time lurker, first time poster here. After attending last night's Hogs - Wolves game, the premise of this post seems to be true. Maybe the group of young Hogs is happy reading the rampant fanboy praise in forums such as this. The Wolves were a stride or two faster to everything. The Hogs' forwards showed little desire to follow their checks into the defensive zone. Most glaring of all was the indiscipline shown by veteran players like Brookbank and Peckham, who took bad penalties. Instead of showing veteran leadership to young players, these two showed why (skills, or not) they are in the AHL.

Maybe the Hawks can fix the coaching by bringing a young up and comer to Rockford who can possibly succeed Q when the time comes.

Welcome to the board. How was Dahlbeck last night (he is one guy I keep hearing is playing solid hockey)? And what about Clendening--he gets a lot of love for the points, but on the few occasions I have seen him he did not play strong defense.

Elbows Nesterenko

Jul 6, 2013
Welcome to the board. How was Dahlbeck last night (he is one guy I keep hearing is playing solid hockey)? And what about Clendening--he gets a lot of love for the points, but on the few occasions I have seen him he did not play strong defense.
You have it nailed. Dahlbeck looked the best of the bunch defensively and, no doubt will be a solid, heady NHL player for a long time. Clendening is undersized and didn't read the game well defensively, but he's a nice passer out of the back. There's a reason Dahlbeck has the A on his sweater, and Clendening doesn't.

ChiGuySez

Cody Parkey GOAT
Oct 4, 2006
You have it nailed. Dahlbeck looked the best of the bunch defensively and, no doubt will be a solid, heady NHL player for a long time. Clendening is undersized and didn't read the game well defensively, but he's a nice passer out of the back. There's a reason Dahlbeck has the A on his sweater, and Clendening doesn't.
Clendening in the U20 looked like he coughed the puck up several times. Below average stick work defensively. Dont know if thats improved.

Can you comment how does Dahlbeck compares to Stanton?

Elbows Nesterenko

Jul 6, 2013
Clendening in the U20 looked like he coughed the puck up several times. Below average stick work defensively. Dont know if thats improved.

Can you comment how does Dahlbeck compares to Stanton?
When I look at Clendening I see a young skilled player, but I don't see an NHL defenseman. I doubt I'm the first here who sees any NHL future for him will be as a winger.

Sorry, I can't help with the Dahlbeck/Stanton comparison.

Svedberg is another one to watch (it's hard not to). He skates well for such a big man.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
When I look at Clendening I see a young skilled player, but I don't see an NHL defenseman. I doubt I'm the first here who sees any NHL future for him will be as a winger.

Sorry, I can't help with the Dahlbeck/Stanton comparison.

Svedberg is another one to watch (it's hard not to). He skates well for such a big man.

There are some who have pegged Clendening as a replacement for Leddy. I am not among them, but just goes to show how opinions can vary so greatly about players.

Svedberg is extremely intriguing for me. I've liked him since his first prospects camp two summers ago. I've come away very impressed with how well he moves. He's not overly physical but with his skating ability and intelligence/positioning combined with that wingspan it's a ***** getting around him. He did play more physical this past summer's camp but that's not really his game, at least not at this point.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

Corey Crawford's first professional season (Age 20-21) with AHL Norfolk Admirals

48 GP with 22-23-1 record and a GAA of 2.94 / Sv Pct of .898

Should have dumped this loser , Right?

unbridledid

Jun 8, 2011
Corey Crawford's first professional season (Age 20-21) with AHL Norfolk Admirals

48 GP with 22-23-1 record and a GAA of 2.94 / Sv Pct of .898

Should have dumped this loser , Right?

I thought fiddy would treat us to the Brock nelson line...and then tell us K Hayes won't amount to much. Then we can hear how the Hawks gave up on Rensfeldt too soon, while no other team seems to have drafted or taken any interest in him..

I know..we need to draft a goalie in the first round this year and our stars have to earn their contracts... By the way how many hogs games has he watched this season ?

MTP

I Love Shinpads
Jan 19, 2010
Downers Grove, IL
2-0 Hogs after the first. Beach and Nordstrom with the goals. Nordstrom's came off of a sweet backhand pass by Danault after he deked through a defender. Simspon perfect on 10 shots so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad