Prospect Info: All Prospect Talk Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Follow CB on twitter and a couple of people who see more Rockford games than I have so far. Most disappointing Hawk prospect so far? (Not counting guys like Beach and Froese) Pretty much all of them said Drew LeBlanc. Danault had an interesting comment on what the hockey brass is looking for in him. "They want me to be 'a Kruger.'" Hawks brass is very high on Dahlbeck and Svedberg and with Johns maybe/possibly comming in the spring kind of made Olsen expendable.

RomersWorld*

Dahlbeck has been great and made Olsen expendable. Johns is a better version of Olsen.

LeBlanc...can't believe some argued he should be on the Hawks over Pirri and that he was better than Pirri, especially defensively. Laughable. He has good offensive instincts but he isn't an elite skater, doesn't have a great shot and just seems "meh" a lot of the time. Don't see a future with the Hawks.

McNeill has been the biggest surprise for me. He looks great out there. Offensively and defensively he has exceeded my expectations.

Svedberg...eh, I don't know. He gets abused physically sometimes despite being so tall and I think it makes him a target. One player who was 5'9 kept going after him and knocking him down with hits and bullying him after the whistle...it was kind of embarrassing.

Alex Broadhurst has been a pleasant surprise. Has a good overall game. Could see him making it as a bottom 6er/PKer.

Shalunov has some wow moments and some great scoring opportunities but hasn't finished as well as he could. I like his potential though and he has a surprising physical element with his hitting.

Not sure about Phillip Danault becoming more than a 4th liner. The Kruger comparison is a decent one. Danault is a playmaker first and a heady player. Good speed, should be an asset on PK. Hopefully has some untapped offensive potential as well.

plank

Aug 26, 2008
Long Dark Blues
I know Theo Peckam is not really a prospect, but I notice he can't even crack the icehogs lineup. Is he that bad(oilers reject),injured,conditioning issues?

Hawkster

It's on.
Aug 2, 2005
Rockford lost 4-2 to Abbotsford last night.

1. ABB Hanowski, (7) (Billins, Reinhart), 14:33 (PP)
2. ABB Byron, (4) (Ferland), 1:29
2. RFD LeBlanc, (4) (Clendening, T. Broadhurst), 13:50 (PP)
3. ABB Ferland, (4) (Billins, Granlund), 6:59
3. RFD Svedberg, (2) (A. Broadhurst, LeBlanc), 11:33
3. ABB Olson, (4) (Billins, Byron), 19:57 (EN)

Kent Simpson saved 24/27 shots.

Hawkster

It's on.
Aug 2, 2005
Kevin Hayes had 2 assists in Boston College's 5-1 win over Harvard.

He now has 18pts (6+12) in 12 games.

Chris Calnan was scoreless in the game.

moose vasko

Mar 3, 2011
I watched Fournier last night. I think he is a nice looking prospect. Good skater, good passer, makes good decisions, sees the ice well and seems to have a real knack for finding the open man. Quebec had the puck a lot so I didn't see much of him as a defender. I'm gushing a bit, but I was quite impressed. He also has a pretty good frame so while he is still quite lean there is some room there to pack on some weight.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Rockford lost 4-2 to Abbotsford last night.

1. ABB Hanowski, (7) (Billins, Reinhart), 14:33 (PP)
2. ABB Byron, (4) (Ferland), 1:29
2. RFD LeBlanc, (4) (Clendening, T. Broadhurst), 13:50 (PP)
3. ABB Ferland, (4) (Billins, Granlund), 6:59
3. RFD Svedberg, (2) (A. Broadhurst, LeBlanc), 11:33
3. ABB Olson, (4) (Billins, Byron), 19:57 (EN)

Kent Simpson saved 24/27 shots.

Ha.. as soon as I mention about how disappointing LeBlanc has been, he had his best game as a pro. Seems typical on this board a player does well after calling him out.

Kentti

Oct 5, 2012
TT's Jokerit suffered a 2-1 overtime loss to Lukko. TT played most of the game as a first line winger and unfortunately looked lost. He did manage to get the assist to the Jokerit goal on PP.

Teuvo Teräväinen is now 3 G + 11 A = 14 P in 19 games this season.

Highlights later.

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
Highlights from today's TT's game. Teräväinen with the assist for the only goal for Jokerit on PP.

http://www.ruutu.fi/ohjelmat/sm-liiga/huippuhetket-lukko-jokerit

It looks like after playing well for a few weeks, TT and Jokerit have fallen off a bit. From a selfish Blackhawk fan's perspective I wish they would play him at center and leave him therel instead of changing his position and linemates, but I realize Jokerit is not the Hawks farm team - they aren't in the business to groom TT to play in the NHL. Hopefully TT and the team gain some consistency as the season moves along.

AS akways - thanks for the first hand report. I appreciate hearing how TT is doing from someone who actually watches him play.

krazyhawk

Jan 9, 2006
Montreal/Nova Scotia
:l
It looks like after playing well for a few weeks, TT and Jokerit have fallen off a bit. From a selfish Blackhawk fan's perspective I wish they would play him at center and leave him therel instead of changing his position and linemates, but I realize Jokerit is not the Hawks farm team - they aren't in the business to groom TT to play in the NHL. Hopefully TT and the team gain some consistency as the season moves along.

AS akways - thanks for the first hand report. I appreciate hearing how TT is doing from someone who actually watches him play.

Constantly being played in different positions and with different linemates?? Hmmm sounds like the Hawks to me.Maybe Jokerit is doing this so TT will get used to the way Q does things??? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Kentti

Oct 5, 2012
TT's Jokerit played back-to-back game today against Pelicans and Jokerit won 5-3. TT had an assist for the first Jokerit goal on PP.

He is now 3 G + 12 A = 15 P in 20 games this season.

Highlights later.

Edit: Teuvo played as second line winger.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
TT's Jokerit played back-to-back game today against Pelicans and Jokerit won 5-3. TT had an assist for the first Jokerit goal on PP.

He is now 3 G + 12 A = 15 P in 20 games this season.

Highlights later.

Edit: Teuvo played as second line winger.

Do you see him as someone who will be successful as a centre at the NHL level - or does he look more like someone who will play at wing.

How do you think he compares to Filppula?

Loffer

Sep 22, 2011
Do you see him as someone who will be successful as a centre at the NHL level - or does he look more like someone who will play at wing.

How do you think he compares to Filppula?

In short: Filppula thrives in every situation on the ice; Teravainen is an all offensive player and always will be.

MTP

I Love Shinpads
Jan 19, 2010
Downers Grove, IL
In short: Filppula thrives in every situation on the ice; Teravainen is an all offensive player and always will be.

People said the same thing about Patrick Kane and Brandon Pirri and now you see the two of them making big plays on the back check regularly. Players learn to play defense when they play under Quenneville.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
Teuvo Teravainen is an extremely intelligent player. Most great offensive players are capable of being excellent defensively players, they just have to be committed to that side of the puck.

In the pre-season, Teravainen looked very aware defensively and made quite a few good defensive plays.

HjalmarFan

Jul 8, 2010
Villa Park, IL
Let me expose my ignorance. This is honestly how I view it:

1. Adam Clendening
2. Tuevo Terravainen
3. Jeremy Morin
4. Brandon Pirri
5. Mark McNeill
6. Ryan Hartman
7. Antii Raanta
8. Stephen Johns
9. Ryan Hartman
10. Phillip Danault
11. Klas Dahlbeck
12. Drew LeBlanc
13. Joakim Nordstrom
14. Kent Simpson
15. Alex Broadhurst
16. Victor Svedberg
17. Kevin Hayes
18. Garrett Ross
19. Mac Carruth
20. Dillon Fournier

Notes: Clendening looks like the complete package to me, would be in the NHL if it weren't for financial considerations. I am a little skeptical that TT will adjust to North American hockey. If Jeremy Morin gets minutes, he will score goals: it's really that simple. I don't understand the Morin hate.

Kurtosis

GHG
May 26, 2010
The Village Within the City
Let me expose my ignorance. This is honestly how I view it:

1. Adam Clendening
2. Tuevo Terravainen
3. Jeremy Morin
4. Brandon Pirri
5. Mark McNeill
6. Ryan Hartman
7. Antii Raanta
8. Stephen Johns
9. Ryan Hartman
10. Phillip Danault
11. Klas Dahlbeck
12. Drew LeBlanc
13. Joakim Nordstrom
14. Kent Simpson
15. Alex Broadhurst
16. Victor Svedberg
17. Kevin Hayes
18. Garrett Ross
19. Mac Carruth
20. Dillon Fournier

Notes: Clendening looks like the complete package to me, would be in the NHL if it weren't for financial considerations. I am a little skeptical that TT will adjust to North American hockey. If Jeremy Morin gets minutes, he will score goals: it's really that simple. I don't understand the Morin hate.

Decent list I suppose, but you have Hartman listed twice. I know he is good, but he ain't that good.

Any Colour You Like

Regular bean eater
Nov 13, 2011
Boston U
I love what I've seen out of Raanta, both in Rockford and with the big club. Unfortunately, I haven't seen much of either situation, so I can't really pass a fair judgement until I see him in action.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad