Prospect Info: All Prospect Talk Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
I'm a huge Clendening fan as well. He will battle it out for 4D when we have to part ways with Oduya. Will be a power play QB unlike any we've seen in a while.

HjalmarFan

Jul 8, 2010
Villa Park, IL
I really hope I'm wrong about Terravainan, but I am innately skeptical of players who are compared to Patrick Kane. To me that sounds like an undersized defensive liability who dangles too much, but probably doesn't quite have Kane's conditioning and superhuman play-making ability to make up for it.

Central PA Hawk Fan

Apr 16, 2007
York, PA
Let me expose my ignorance. This is honestly how I view it:

1. Adam Clendening
2. Tuevo Terravainen
3. Jeremy Morin
4. Brandon Pirri
5. Mark McNeill
6. Ryan Hartman
7. Antii Raanta
8. Stephen Johns
9. Ryan Hartman
10. Phillip Danault
11. Klas Dahlbeck
12. Drew LeBlanc
13. Joakim Nordstrom
14. Kent Simpson
15. Alex Broadhurst
16. Victor Svedberg
17. Kevin Hayes
18. Garrett Ross
19. Mac Carruth
20. Dillon Fournier

Notes: Clendening looks like the complete package to me, would be in the NHL if it weren't for financial considerations. I am a little skeptical that TT will adjust to North American hockey. If Jeremy Morin gets minutes, he will score goals: it's really that simple. I don't understand the Morin hate.

There is no right or wrong here, but IMO you have Morin way too high, Kevin Hayes and Fournier way too low and TT is the #1 prospect in the system.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Notes: Clendening looks like the complete package to me, would be in the NHL if it weren't for financial considerations. I am a little skeptical that TT will adjust to North American hockey. If Jeremy Morin gets minutes, he will score goals: it's really that simple. I don't understand the Morin hate.

His defense isn't very good

how would you view him as complete package? His D doesn't even approach Leddy's rookie caliber D at this point

Sevanston

Dec 27, 2009
NYC
Personally I am not that high on Hayes.

I'm not jumping up and down about him, but I think he's showing some promise.

He's carrying his own line at BC this year, not playing with Gaudreau. I'd say he's the 2nd best forward in Hockey East.

And judging by other BC players, his transition to the pros shouldn't be too bad. He's a better skater than his brother, and he's way more skilled. At this point it's mostly about getting him to Rockford and seeing what happens.

Central PA Hawk Fan

Apr 16, 2007
York, PA
Personally I am not that high on Hayes.

Even if you're not that high on him, he's still a top 10 talent in this system. Have you seen him play? He's so silky smooth and has great vision. Reminds me so much of Joe Thorton. He's talented, whether it all comes together or not, yeah that remains to be seen.

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
Clendening is still a long ways off from being NHL ready

Nothingman*

Even if you're not that high on him, he's still a top 10 talent in this system. Have you seen him play? He's so silky smooth and has great vision. Reminds me so much of Joe Thorton. He's talented, whether it all comes together or not, yeah that remains to be seen.

I've seen him play a few times and he does not stand out on is team. I had a hard time noticing him and I was trying. His stats are skewed a little with some big numbers against crap opponents. When I watch Johns play I have no problem noticing him.

Last edited by a moderator:

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Clendening is still a long ways off from being NHL ready

He's a long ways off from being Blackhawk ready. He would be in the top 4 of a losing team and playing every day for every team but St Louis.

Kentti

Oct 5, 2012
Jokerit forward Teuvo Teravainen played table-top hockey against HIFK's goalie Ville Husso. TT won the game 2-1 and so Jokerit can choose the locker room in Winter Classic Game that will be played March 1st 2014 in the Olympic Stadium in Helsinki.

TT is wearing a green jersey that Jokerit's predecessor team Töölön Vesa wore. Jokerit was Töölön Vesa until the team's name was changed to Jokerit (Jokers [as in the card deck]) in 1967.

Nothingman*

I think the jersey looks pretty good. The red one you see briefly in the video does too. I hope they stream that game!

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
I really hope I'm wrong about Terravainan, but I am innately skeptical of players who are compared to Patrick Kane. To me that sounds like an undersized defensive liability who dangles too much, but probably doesn't quite have Kane's conditioning and superhuman play-making ability to make up for it.

He's compared to Kane because he has unbelievable hands and playmaking ability. He's not quite the skater Kane is (in terms of speed/acceleration), but he's still quite fast and has very good agility and elusiveness.

You need to watch the players play. It's that simple.

It's like all the posters that were "skeptical" of Brandon Saad, when he was tearing apart the OHL, and you had posters like myself (among others) posting after watching him play saying, plain and simple, the kid was going to be a very good NHLer in a very short amount of time.

There are just players you watch and they stand out. Something about them just has "NHLer" written all over them. I haven't seen Teravainen play anywhere near as much as I saw Saad before he turned Pro.. but in the games I have seen, Teravainens been damn impressive. You watch him, and within a couple shifts, you can see his talent level. The way he handles the puck, his poise, his play recognition. He just gets puck movement, where to be on the ice, and how to find passing lanes.

Leehh

Oct 8, 2011
Austria
He's compared to Kane because he has unbelievable hands and playmaking ability. He's not quite the skater Kane is (in terms of speed/acceleration), but he's still quite fast and has very good agility and elusiveness.

You need to watch the players play. It's that simple.

It's like all the posters that were "skeptical" of Brandon Saad, when he was tearing apart the OHL, and you had posters like myself (among others) posting after watching him play saying, plain and simple, the kid was going to be a very good NHLer in a very short amount of time.

There are just players you watch and they stand out. Something about them just has "NHLer" written all over them. I haven't seen Teravainen play anywhere near as much as I saw Saad before he turned Pro.. but in the games I have seen, Teravainens been damn impressive. You watch him, and within a couple shifts, you can see his talent level. The way he handles the puck, his poise, his play recognition. He just gets puck movement, where to be on the ice, and how to find passing lanes.

Most impressive part about TT is that when there is no passing lane, he will create one just like this while standing completely still -> http://youtu.be/ikNMoBG0CFE?t=1m1s

Hawkster

It's on.
Aug 2, 2005
Rockford defeated Milwaukee 2-1 last night. Mark McNeill scored the OT winner.

3. RFD Nordstrom, (4) (McNeill, Danault), 7:07
3. MIL Beck, (5) (Jarvinen), 13:31 (SH)
OT. RFD McNeill, (7) (Morin, A. Broadhurst), 2:15 (PP)

Kent Simpson made 33 saves.

TheDoorDoctor

Mar 6, 2013
ONT
Can anyone tell me about this Travis Brown? I've been following his stats and they just rising. I've never seen him since i live in Ontario. How good is he two-way and does this kid actually have potential in the future?

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
Brown's got nice size and he's a quality skater. I'm not sure about his overall game, but I wouldn't expect him to be anywhere near as prolific a scorer in Pro as he's been this season in the WHL.

I could see him becoming a #5 Dman in the NHL.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Rockford defeated Milwaukee 2-1 last night. Mark McNeill scored the OT winner.

3. RFD Nordstrom, (4) (McNeill, Danault), 7:07
3. MIL Beck, (5) (Jarvinen), 13:31 (SH)
OT. RFD McNeill, (7) (Morin, A. Broadhurst), 2:15 (PP)

Kent Simpson made 33 saves.

Morin was a man among boys in that game. He's clearly two steps ahead of everyone at this point. I believe the Hogs play the Wolves the next two nights, so those games should be televised if anyone wants to check them out.

Kentti

Oct 5, 2012
EdTT's Jokerit lost to local rival 1-4 today. Teuvo had one good chance to score but couldn't bury it in even though he had a wide open net. Other than that he played as well as his team, i.e. badly. No points for TT.

Teräväinen is now 3 G + 12 A = 15 P in 22 games this season.

Edit: TT played as 1C.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Brown's got nice size and he's a quality skater. I'm not sure about his overall game, but I wouldn't expect him to be anywhere near as prolific a scorer in Pro as he's been this season in the WHL.

I could see him becoming a #5 Dman in the NHL.

He's always been an intriguing prospect for me.

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
EdTT's Jokerit lost to local rival 1-4 today. Teuvo had one good chance to score but couldn't bury it in even though he had a wide open net. Other than that he played as well as his team, i.e. badly. No points for TT.

Teräväinen is now 3 G + 12 A = 15 P in 22 games this season.

Edit: TT played as 1C.

Have you seen anything that explains why Jokerit is playing so poorly lately? After a slow start to the season they played better for a while and now they're back to playing poorly again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad