Prospect Info: All Prospect Talk Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkster

It's on.
Aug 2, 2005
Brief highlights from the Hogs/Marlies game. The picture goes grey for a few seconds around the 20 sec mark, but you don't miss any Hogs goals.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
Hogs are looking to make playoffs

Sticking kids into lineup isn't the way to go

Danault might draw in but McNeill isn't a sure thing

Hogs are going to do what the Hawks are tell them. If they want McNeill with Danault on the 1st line and PP, you can be sure they would play 1st line and PP.

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
My bet: He will (and should) look like the best prospect there. Just like last year.

I'd love to see him in the AHL soon though. More for selfish reasons than development ones though, since I have an easier time watching AHL games than SM-Liiga.

I read somewhere (sorry - don't have a link) that TT will spend another year in Finland and I originally thought it was because he wouldn't be old enough to the AHL next season. But I looked it up and the AHL minimum age requirement is 18 on of before September 15th so he actually could have played this season because he turned 18 on September 11th last year. I wish he would play in N.A. next season so he can get acclimated to the smaller rinks - but it's probably better for his confidence to stay where he's comfortable as he matures.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
Phillip Danault's been suspended for game 5 against Victoiraville (an elimination game) for a hit from behind in game 4.

****** way for Danault to end his Junior career.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I read somewhere (sorry - don't have a link) that TT will spend another year in Finland and I originally thought it was because he wouldn't be old enough to the AHL next season. But I looked it up and the AHL minimum age requirement is 18 on of before September 15th so he actually could have played this season because he turned 18 on September 11th last year. I wish he would play in N.A. next season so he can get acclimated to the smaller rinks - but it's probably better for his confidence to stay where he's comfortable as he matures.

He needs to get bigger/stronger before even thinking about playing in NA rinks. Better to do that here where he'll have more time to do it.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
It doesn't seem to matter too much to a lot of posters, but I'm personally quite disappointed that Danault could be eliminated, in back-to-back years, in upset fashion to end his junior career. On the flip side of that, Brandon Whitney's been outstading for Victoriaville and has shown why he was ranked behind Subban in terms of N.A goaltenders available for the 2012 draft. Thus far:

Brandon Whitney - 3-0-1, 1.84GAA, .953Sv%(1st in QMJHL), 2 SO(1st in QMJHL)

And he's done that against one of the best teams in the Q, especially after acquiring Danault.

Alex Broadhurst also had a very good 1st round for London. He's 4th in OHL playoff scoring with 9 points (4G, 5A) and is leading London in scoring. He had a point in each game against Saginaw - London swept them tonight - and had a hattrick in game 3.

After a semi-disappointing regular season, Dillion Fournier sits tied for 1st in QMJHL defensive scoring with 6 points (2G, 4A) though 4 games. He's also 2nd on the Huskies in scoring overall and has a +4 rating. Rouyn-Noranda currently leads their 1st round series 3 games to 1.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
hope Whitney continues to be that great. Would be a real feel good story for us to finally find that 7th Round next great thing.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
Stephen Johns and ND were knocked out of the NCAA tournament today. He should be signing an ATO/PTO with the Rockford Icehogs in the next couple days.

Rockford will be getting Mark McNeill, Phillip Danault and Stephen Johns in the very near future, which should help offset the loss of Jeremy Morin.

If I'm taking a guess at the lines, they'd be:

Smith - St.Pierre - Olesz
Beach - Pirri - Danault
T.Broadhurst - McNeill - Nordstrom
Svendsen - Froese - Mills

Stanton - Clendening
Dahlbeck - Montador
Olsen - Johns

Karlsson
Hutton

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
It doesn't seem to matter too much to a lot of posters, but I'm personally quite disappointed that Danault could be eliminated, in back-to-back years, in upset fashion to end his junior career. On the flip side of that, Brandon Whitney's been outstading for Victoriaville and has shown why he was ranked behind Subban in terms of N.A goaltenders available for the 2012 draft. Thus far:

Brandon Whitney - 3-0-1, 1.84GAA, .953Sv%(1st in QMJHL), 2 SO(1st in QMJHL)

And he's done that against one of the best teams in the Q, especially after acquiring Danault.

Alex Broadhurst also had a very good 1st round for London. He's 4th in OHL playoff scoring with 9 points (4G, 5A) and is leading London in scoring. He had a point in each game against Saginaw - London swept them tonight - and had a hattrick in game 3.

After a semi-disappointing regular season, Dillion Fournier sits tied for 1st in QMJHL defensive scoring with 6 points (2G, 4A) though 4 games. He's also 2nd on the Huskies in scoring overall and has a +4 rating. Rouyn-Noranda currently leads their 1st round series 3 games to 1.

You wish Danault could get more playoff experience down there, but what can you do. One man doesn't make or break a hockey team - so we can't hold it against him as if it's his fault.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
You wish Danault could get more playoff experience down there, but what can you do. One man doesn't make or break a hockey team - so we can't hold it against him as if it's his fault.

Nope, and I'm certainly not trying to imply that I feel the blame should be on Danault. I just find it disappointing that in back-to-back years, Danault's team was eliminated in upset fashion and he wasn't able to get a lot of playoff experience, despite being on very good teams.

But, like I said, the flipside of that is that Brandon Whitney was excellent and essentially stole the series for the Tigre. At the end of the first round, Whitney's first in save-percentage (.951), third in GAA (1.87), first in SOs (2), and first in shots-against (204) and saves (194).

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
any hint of what they're planning to do with alex broadhurst? ... he could play for the knights next year as an overage player or he could go to the ahl (or echl)

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
Unless they move some prospects, I don't see any room for Alex Broadhurst on the Icehogs next year and I'd personally rather see him back in London than the ECHL.

Chicago's line-up next year likely looks something like this:

Saad - Toews - Kane
Sharp - Bolland - Hossa
Morin/J.Hayes - Shaw - Stalberg
Carcillo - Kruger - Smith
Bollig

Leaving Rockford with:

J.Hayes/Morin - Pirri - T.Broadhurst
Beach - Danault - K.Hayes
Ross - McNeill - Nordstrom
Paradis - Froese - Flick

And that's without factoring in any AHL vets, which Chicago/Rockford will probably add. Personally, I don't see any room for him. He'll need to be signed, I believe, but he won't have to turn Pro.

Sevanston

Dec 27, 2009
NYC
Nick Mattson and North Dakota are about to get knocked out of the NCAA tournament as Yale scores a ridiculous 3 goals in the last 8 minutes of the 3rd to make the score 3-1 with 90 seconds left.

Mattson's been pretty quiet in this game from what I've seen. Nothing good, but nothing bad either.

Yale scores on an empty net to make it 4-1. Crazy upsets by Yale in the last two games, taking out the powerhouses of Minnesota and NoDak while Yale barely managed to make the tournament in the first place. And with two late GWGs when his team needed them most, Jesse Root definitely just caught the eye of a couple NHL scouts.

Last edited:

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
yes, ****ing yes.

Give them some time in hope they can help enough to make the POs while we see Morin and Jayes with the Hawks

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
Garret Ross and Stephen Johns should be signing ATOs with Rockford in the next day or two. Reinforcements on the way.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
From last night:

That doesn't say anything about Johns. He probably was answering the main part of the question - about Danault and McNeill.

I would guess Johns would finish the semester and then sign with the Hawks this summer. I don't see any advantage of doing it now - but leaving now hurt's his future if he doesn't make it as an NHLer.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
That doesn't say anything about Johns. He probably was answering the main part of the question - about Danault and McNeill.

I would guess Johns would finish the semester and then sign with the Hawks this summer. I don't see any advantage of doing it now - but leaving now hurt's his future if he doesn't make it as an NHLer.

Trust me, he was also including Johns.

Chris Block wrote an article, that I posted a couple weeks ago, that he heard Stephen Johns was going to sign an ATO with Rockford once his season ended and then signed an ELC, to start in the the 2013-14 season, in the summer.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
Trust me, he was also including Johns.

Chris Block wrote an article, that I posted a couple weeks ago, that he heard Stephen Johns was going to sign an ATO with Rockford once his season ended and then signed an ELC, to start in the the 2013-14 season, in the summer.

OK then. It's a bit risky for Johns to blow off his college. But he probably has the goods to make it in the NHL.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
OK then. It's a bit risky for Johns to blow off his college. But he probably has the goods to make it in the NHL.

when a player decides he wants to turn pro, it's not unusual to leave university mid-semester. i think jimmy hayes did the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad