OT: All Non-Hockey Sports Talk (2015-17 edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
I'd argue Houston is one move away from making a serious run, that one move is Melo.

PG: Chris Paul
SG: James Harden
SF: Trevor Ariza
PF: Carmelo Anthony
C: Clint Capela/Free agent

If Capela can build on his last couple seasons and add some muscle, this lineup would give GSW a good fight.

Melo? Hell no.

Your gonna ask 3 ball dominant players to coexist?

You need 2 ball dominant guys at most, and then they still need to tone it down.

They are missing a utility guy

There isn't one out there realistically to out them over the edge.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Melo? Hell no.

Your gonna ask 3 ball dominant players to coexist?

You need 2 ball dominant guys at most, and then they still need to tone it down.

They are missing a utility guy

There isn't one out there realistically to out them over the edge.

I agree, it's not ideal to have 3 dominant ball handlers but the thought is Anthony has to become more of a utility weapon guy who would have to pass a lot more than usual. Use him to stretch the defense or as a screen option to receive back passes that allow him to use his step back shot. I know he had issues with D'Antoni's system in NYC but he said he's willing to sacrifice to win. They'd probably have to trade Anderson to make it work but there is strong indicators he wants to go to Houston to play with Chris Paul.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
I agree, it's not ideal to have 3 dominant ball handlers but the thought is Anthony has to become more of a utility weapon guy who would have to pass a lot more than usual. Use him to stretch the defense or as a screen option to receive back passes that allow him to use his step back shot. I know he had issues with D'Antoni's system in NYC but he said he's willing to sacrifice to win. They'd probably have to trade Anderson to make it work but there is strong indicators he wants to go to Houston to play with Chris Paul.

And defensively he is awful. They need someone that can defend to help them beat GSW.

Harden and Anthony are both awful defensively. That's too much to make-up

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
It looks like there might be something to the rumors of Kyrie wanting to play for the Heat. I'm not his biggest fan but I would find it funny that miami stole LeBron during his prime and could also take Kyrie and Waiters backcourt in their primes as well. Cleveland fans would get sick.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
ESPN has the Fins with the 3rd best offense, behind the Pats and Steelers. That's a lot of love. I agree we th their assessment; how we have talent all over the field, and could be an unstoppable offense if Thomas can contribute at TE.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
And defensively he is awful. They need someone that can defend to help them beat GSW.

Harden and Anthony are both awful defensively. That's too much to make-up

I said a good fight, 7-8 times out of 10, GSW wins this series but Houston can bring some big time offense as well. Defense between the two favors GSW but I'd love to see a shootout between two heavily offensive teams.

Agree Melo is trash on D but Ariza and Capela can supply some of it at least and their offense will keep them in games.

Spurs have a chance but feel like everything has to go right for them.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Concussion for Ajayi on Monday. Tannehill injuries his leg today.

Extent is not yet known, but a **** start for TC.

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
Can one of the 3 south florida teams I care about: Dolphins, Marlins or Panthers actually be competitive or at least not have season over before it starts.

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
I don't follow the Marlins, but they always suck.

The Dolphins are gonna be just like the Panthers, bad enough to miss the playoffs but good enough to not get a top pick. Tannehill is overrated.

Panthers will have a top 7-ish pick.

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
I don't follow the Marlins, but they always suck.

The Dolphins are gonna be just like the Panthers, bad enough to miss the playoffs but good enough to not get a top pick. Tannehill is overrated.

Panthers will have a top 7-ish pick.

Don't sugarcoat it. Give it to us straight.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
I'd take him over Kap (not political reasons).

Same.

Knows Gase, and in this short time frame having a new QB that at least knows the style/plays that the HC/OC wants to run is big.

Not thrilled, but think the Dolphins got the bpa at QB, mainly due to Cutler working under Gase in the past

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Cutler is an interception machine.

Kaep is a better QB.

Cutlers best season, with Gase, was a 6-9 season.

To me, Castro incident was a factor.

Last edited:

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Cutler is an interception machine.

Kaep is a better QB.

Cutlers best season, with Gase, was a 6-9 season.

To me, Castro incident was a factor.

Well, a QB plays a big role in the W/L nowadays, but isn't the sole reason why a team either wins or loses.
I didn't watch a second of the Bears that year, so I have no clue why they sucked.
But we did see a Broncos team win in spite of QB play lol.

Kaep to me isn't a good Quarterback. Sure, he has the physical attributes. Arm strength, yup. Mobility? Yup. Accuracy? Not really.

ESPN had a huge article on him a month or two ago. He never progressed as a QB/worked on his flaws. However, most teams, with a good defense, could bottle him up. Take away his #1 option and contain him. It limits him greatly.

As a passer, he isn't that good. Sure, he had a great game against the Phins, but the Dolphins had/have **** poor coverage Linebackers and their secondary was missing their good players.

Add in the baggage, and that Cutler played under Gase in the past, no wonder they went with Jay.

Beezer

Trochek Was Tripped!
Jun 24, 2007
Orlando, Florida
Too bad about Tanny!

Welcome aboard Cutler. Not thrilled but let's see what he can do. Don't think he's ever had a really good defense behind him, even when he was in Chicago. So hoping the defense and his long balls our way the interception issues.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
Not bad for a December post.

Going to be weird with Jeter not paying anything but having a good amount of control.

You would assume/hope/believe that since Jeter is attaching himself to this ownership group, they would add some money to the payroll. With just a little bit of a boost, the Marlins would be right there for the WC at the moment, maybe even battling for the division. I think ownership group that buys the team for that absurd amount, knows that they will have to spend money in order to see the fans show up. Sure, more fans will show up since Loria will be gone, but we still need to see a winning product on the field in order to see a big difference in attendance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad