OT: All Non-Hockey Sports Talk (2015-17 edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Nunes-Shevchenko getting canceled is a major bummer.

The Whittaker-Romero fight will still be entertaining. Nunes seemed distracted by her mother's first visit to America on the VLOG episodes. You hear Joanna was willing to step in and fight on one day notice, she's 115lbs and Shevchenko is 135lnbs.

Did you watch the TUF Finale last night?

Johnson vs Gaethje was a barn burner. Such a wild fight.

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
The Whittaker-Romero fight will still be entertaining. Nunes seemed distracted by her mother's first visit to America on the VLOG episodes. You hear Joanna was willing to step in and fight on one day notice, she's 115lbs and Shevchenko is 135lnbs.

Did you watch the TUF Finale last night?

Johnson vs Gaethje was a barn burner. Such a wild fight.

I'd love to see Joanna step in, but I doubt it'll happen.

Yeah, that fight was crazy. Gaethje just doesn't stop coming forward, even when he's wobbled. Definitely the fight of the night.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
NBA contract

James Harden signs 4-year, $228 million contract extension with the Rockets

Makes McDavid contract look like chump change

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Sweet Jesus. Average of 57m a year...

How can they afford to build a roster with that type of cap hit???

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I'd love to see Joanna step in, but I doubt it'll happen.

Yeah, that fight was crazy. Gaethje just doesn't stop coming forward, even when he's wobbled. Definitely the fight of the night.

She is one scary mofo. I think she could win. Apparently the NSAC wouldn't approve it but she is getting a lot of respect for stepping up.

He reminds of a more polished Chris Leben. The guy is all heart and there's a cool little video on how he came up the ranks and just loved to fight/wrestle/play football. Definitely a guy to keep an eye on, he even says he will probably get knocked out with the way he fights but just loves putting on a good show for the fans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tooHXjrwrtk&t=336s

Sweet Jesus. Average of 57m a year...

How can they afford to build a roster with that type of cap hit???

I think the FULL $228 milly is over 6 years, from the article I read. They will pay him roughly $42.3 million DOLLARS per season but the AAV caphit is $38 million.

Insane amount of money but Bryce Harper who plays in the MLB has rumblings of a 10-13yr/$500-700 million dollar deal when he hits free agency in 2019.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
She is one scary mofo. I think she could win. Apparently the NSAC wouldn't approve it but she is getting a lot of respect for stepping up.

He reminds of a more polished Chris Leben. The guy is all heart and there's a cool little video on how he came up the ranks and just loved to fight/wrestle/play football. Definitely a guy to keep an eye on, he even says he will probably get knocked out with the way he fights but just loves putting on a good show for the fans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tooHXjrwrtk&t=336s

I think the FULL $228 milly is over 6 years, from the article I read. They will pay him roughly $42.3 million DOLLARS per season but the AAV caphit is $38 million.

Insane amount of money but Bryce Harper who plays in the MLB has rumblings of a 10-13yr/$500-700 million dollar deal when he hits free agency in 2019.

Ah, thank you. I just was reading headlines. Still nuts

MLB is always one step ahead when it comes to insane deals.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Pending an unusual twist, Jorge Mas is going to be the next owner of the Miami Marlins.

Mas and Marlins owner Jeffrey Loria have agreed for Mas to buy the baseball team for $1.17 billion, according to baseball insiders. I wrote three weeks ago that Mas, chairman of the board and co-founder of MasTec, had begun his due diligence and was prepared at that time to offer "somewhere close to $1.1 billion" for the Marlins and the lease to Marlins Park.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mikeozanian/2017/07/10/jorge-mas-set-to-buy-miami-marlins-for-1-17-billion/#3fb7a7f15327

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
I expect another 8-8 with the tougher schedule and persistent holes in the defense.

I thought they did a decent job adding at linebacker and on the defensive line.

Secondary, especially at FS will be up to Allen not to be a liability till at least he can get some better competition from McDonald starting at game #9.

Not sure who will be the slot corner, but I guess I'm feeling some hype from Howard granted he can stay healthy this year.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
TONS of respect for Harper!

DEfZfzsXkAY69bj.jpg

As far as the Fins are concerned, 8-8 is an underachievement, if the team stays relatively healthy. The offense is going to put up points, and I think our defense is improved from last season. There is more depth and talent on the line, our LB core is a definite improvement from the second half of last season, and a healthy Howard and improved Lippett and co. should help our secondary. The safeties will be fine with Allen and Jones, and a strength of our D once McDonald comes back in Week 9.

It all comes down once again to our two lines. I believe the Oline is improved. Im very interested to see Tunsil at LT. I see him as an all-pro LT. Our Dline though is where I think our season will be won or lost. There is more talent there, thats for sure, and hopefully they can improve upon, drastically, the run defense. We dont need to be a top five defense to make the playoffs, because I believe our offense is going to be explosive, but an improvement on our run D is a must.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Sure he is blindsided...

Excuse to bail to LA
I don't understand the trade request from Kyrie's point, unless the relationship between him and Lebron is really bad. Cleveland is easily going to make the conference final and more than likely advance, no one is beating GSW though. He isn't going to get that chance in any other team this season, especially in the west.

If Lebron leaves? Then sure, that franchise is nothing without him.

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
Kyrie has his ring and he isn't getting another one in Celeveland. Might as well become the focal point of a team and market yourself to make more $$$$.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
.... no one is beating GSW though.

I'd argue Houston is one move away from making a serious run, that one move is Melo.

PG: Chris Paul
SG: James Harden
SF: Trevor Ariza
PF: Carmelo Anthony
C: Clint Capela/Free agent

If Capela can build on his last couple seasons and add some muscle, this lineup would give GSW a good fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad