OT: All Jersey Talk (authentic, game worn, replica, etc) - part VII

Do you like the new Reverse Retro jerseys?

• Yes, they're amazing!

Votes: 17 29.3%
  • No, I hate them!

Votes: 8 13.8%
  • They're OK.

Votes: 23 39.7%
  • Meh, whatever.

Votes: 10 17.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MachoDiablo

Mar 12, 2012
Jersey City
Drives me nuts that Utica has better sweaters than NJ.View attachment 821193
I have to admit, this look just doesn't do a lot for me; I don't know if it was living through the black jersey era Mets that did it to me, but unless a team has a history of black being a dominant color in their look, or unless they have it pop with a contrast of white, silver, gold/yellow, or something like that, I just tend to find "regular jersey but with black as the dominant color" pretty boring. It's actually why I ended up enjoying the Jersey Jersey, to be honest (well, that and the self-aware Hat Hat and Shirt Shirt marketing campaign with it).

I will say, the Stadium Series jersey didn't interest me much when they revealed them, but seeing them in person my opinion of them has gone up. Not perfect, not sure if I'm going to buy one (especially since I'm sure they're cleared out now and I'll have to drop ungodly money on eBay for one, like if I wanted to grab a green Reverse Retro), but it works pretty well as a sweater you could wear on a normal non-game day and it wouldn't look overly gaudy or something.

As for Fanatics, what else is there to say about them? The only Fanatics branded thing I've ever bought was a powder blue fleur de lis logo Nordiques snapback hat, since I couldn't find another version of it from anyone else, and while it fits my gigantic head well, you can just tell the materials it's made from aren't great the second you touch it. Doesn't bother me since I'm not going to be washing it any time soon, but I wouldn't touch a regular t-shirt or jersey from them, that thing would get ruined in a heartbeat from sheer cheap shoddiness. Makes it all the more imperative, I guess, that I see about getting an Adidas away jersey before the switch over happens.

Reactions: Better Call Sal

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
such a horrible logo. i was never a fan of naming the lower clubs the same as the pro team but thats just me

not hockey related but jersey related whats up with those mlb jerseys damn and the pants!

I'm with you on team names but they are still the Utica Comets at least and these are their 3rd jerseys though so I don't mind it, they have the comets logo on their home and aways

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I'd have more respect for the league if they just came out and told us things are expensive and Fanatics does everything cheaper than everyone else and that's why we went with them. The garbage they spew about whatever other nonsense reasons they went with them drives me nuts. What utter trash.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
LMAO what a trainwreck. I got another Authentic one that came in yesterday for FREE….

Some people couldn’t get their hands on these, I ended up with three. I’m grateful for my fortune. I will get this one customized one day

IMG_4062.jpeg

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
LMAO what a trainwreck. I got another Authentic one that came in yesterday for FREE….

Some people couldn’t get their hands on these, I ended up with three. I’m grateful for my fortune. I will get this one customized one day

View attachment 827639
The shipping became so crazy that I guess orders were getting filled but not closed, extra requests entered, etc….

I will cross my fingers for some good luck too.

VaCaps Fan

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2018
I can’t stop buying adidas jerseys! What devils jersey should I get before fanatics takes the over?

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
1709948855249.png

These Utica jerseys are absolutely gorgeous. Should have been the template for our updated regular home jerseys.

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
I think shoulders need to be different, the black on the shoulders looks like it doesn't go down far enough and I'm not big on that white stripe in front of it.

I like the rest though.
The white stripe on the shoulder might be my favorite part of the jersey. It’s like a cleaner/modernized version of our retro template.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
The white stripe on the shoulder might be my favorite part of the jersey. It’s like a cleaner/modernized version of our retro template.

Took two seconds and did this quick draw over on the front players left shoulder but this is more what I would like on the shoulders in terms of length going down the shoulder, it stops to short for me in the originals..

1709948855249.png.jpg

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I've posted before about this ... my wife has 2 Lovejoys. One is signed. She was afraid to wear it to games for fear of having something spilled on it so she got a another. :banghead:

Only 2? I’d also post a head banging emoji since I’d be frustrated she didn’t get at least two or three more of them.

HobokenIrish

May 3, 2011
Charlotte, NC
Does anyone know when the adidas jerseys are going to be gone for good? Was just looking at Cool Hockey to potentially pull the trigger on a good white Stitched Jersey. they are sold out and now panic has set in!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad