OT: All Jersey Talk (authentic, game worn, replica, etc) - part VII

Do you like the new Reverse Retro jerseys?

• Yes, they're amazing!

Votes: 17 29.3%
  • No, I hate them!

Votes: 8 13.8%
  • They're OK.

Votes: 23 39.7%
  • Meh, whatever.

Votes: 10 17.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
upload_2021-11-23_12-4-12.gif

It’s new Jersey day

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Where is the best place to order the new jersey for us Canadians?
I actually don't mind the new threads. Its not great but I like it just because its something new and different.
Any info on where I can order one if I am in Canada , it would be greatly appreciated.

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
Where is the best place to order the new jersey for us Canadians?
I actually don't mind the new threads. Its not great but I like it just because its something new and different.
Any info on where I can order one if I am in Canada , it would be greatly appreciated.
coolhockey.com or hockey-authentic.com they both do amazing work. The Jersey should be available from them in 10 days or so

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
Please explain to the heathens in the colonies what "kit" is in regards to a team uniform. Thanks on behalf of uninformed North Americans everywhere.

Kit being a short form for whole package. I guess…

Football kit is boots, socks, shin guards, shorts and shirt. Kit is the whole package.

So hockey kit would be the word for the whole lot. Equipment and all.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Kit being a short form for whole package. I guess…

Football kit is boots, socks, shin guards, shorts and shirt. Kit is the whole package.

So hockey kit would be the word for the whole lot. Equipment and all.

Thanks so much. A few folks haven't watched any BBC on this side of the pond. When you come stateside remind us to show you where to get bubble and squeak.

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
I would like to say that I still hate our current set of jerseys, even aside from the new third. Bring back our stripes!
I'm with you. I get the feeling and this is just a hunch, after the next 3 seasons changes will be coming to our home and away uniforms. For better or worse ? Who knows

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
I think Devils fans are afraid of change since tradition and "status quo" were hammered into our brains. While we were winning, that's great... but this is honestly the first new jersey introduced since the color change in 1992.

I don't think it's as bad as everyone says. Crazy extreme reactions are just what everyone feels the need to do.

Our green/white/red retro set are some of the nicest jerseys in NHL history... but the team loses when they wear them so everyone around here complains when they wear them. If the team wins a few games with these black sweaters on, the perception will change.

One thing bothering me is a lot of the people (moreso on Twitter) complaining just wanted a carbon copy of the current jersey just black instead of red. How boring is that? That's some Lou Lamoriello crap if he were forced by the league to produce a black jersey. The team is taking some chances, doing some marketing, trying to appeal to all levels and age groups of this fanbase and also tried to do something for the new generation we are entering. The only thing I can say with confidence is that if the players absolutely hated them, they wouldn't exist.

New Jersey Devils

Doc & Chico Forever
Jun 20, 2007
NJ-NYC
You're all being nerds, I like the new one.

Radically different from the other 3 Devils sweaters I have.
I was honestly thinking to myself the other day of how many jerseys I have that are just all the same with different names on the back. Happy to change it up with something unique and drastically different for once.

Reactions: New Jersey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad