Proposal: All Bruins Trade Rumours /Proposals IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
So do the people who want Kreider also think DeBrusk is a 3rd line winger?

Chris Kreider: 34 Games -- 8 Goals -- 11 Assists -- 19 Points -- 0.56 PPG / Projected: 82 Games -- 19 Goals -- 27 Assists -- 46 Points
Jake DeBrusk: 32 Games -- 8 Goals -- 9 Assists -- 17 Points -- 0.53 PPG / Projected: 77 Games -- 19 Goals -- 22 Assists -- 41 Points

For their careers, Kreider obviously has the GP but:

Chris Kreider: 0.59 Career PPG
Jake DeBrusk: 0.60 Career PPG

Last night, I watched someone propose trading DeBrusk in a package for Kreider, and saw more than a few posts that mentioned DeBrusk being a "3rd line winger". Just not understanding that one while there's people here clamoring for Kreider, whose production is the same as JDB for this season and career wise.
I don’t think some of us are arguing that. I think you can get Kreider without trading Debrusk. I think keeping both of them on the team might make it better instead of adding one and subtracting the other. I know they don’t have the cap space.
Reasons why it won’t happen.

cap space

Hesitancy

In love with all the prospects

Might not be “all in”

Wash/Tampa are a little better

If those two teams don’t win it, people will say I never saw that team X come out of the blue.

They don’t wanna trade Grizz

They don’t wanna trade Krug ( shouldn’t) by the way

Don’t want Kovalchuk for nothing at least try it , who cares you eat the minimum salary. Who cares.

Don’t wanna trade a first rd pk

Don’t wanna trade this prospect or that . Besides a couple of the can’t miss prospects , we know who they are. The rest can go for good players.

Reactions: Strafer

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston

Chris Kreider: 34 Games -- 8 Goals -- 11 Assists -- 19 Points -- 0.56 PPG / Projected: 82 Games -- 19 Goals -- 27 Assists -- 46 Points
Jake DeBrusk: 32 Games -- 8 Goals -- 9 Assists -- 17 Points -- 0.53 PPG / Projected: 77 Games -- 19 Goals -- 22 Assists -- 41 Points

Last night, I watched someone propose trading DeBrusk in a package for Kreider, and saw more than a few posts that mentioned DeBrusk being a "3rd line winger". Just not understanding that one while there's people here clamoring for Kreider, whose production is the same as JDB for this season and career wise.

I don't want another mass kid on the Bruins.

That being said are you comparing Debrusk minimal career numbers to Kreider's ? DeBrusk better produce since he's been playing with a great offensive center.

Put Kreider with DK for three years and come back and update us. DeBrusk is a third line talent on any team with top 6 wingers. This team has not been able to score goals in key moments due to the fact the team has NO second line quality wingers.

If the GM doesn't fix this in the next few weeks we will be in for a very disappointing second half. Love how posters are so we will get better this mean nothing, but fail to mention so will other teams.

Wait until the teams we think we can play with add MORE talent to their rosters while our GM rolls 9 third/forth liners out there every night and prey the first line/power play works and our goalies can make some saves.

Reactions: Mission ImPastable

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England

That being said are you comparing Debrusk minimal career numbers to Kreider's ? DeBrusk better produce since he's been playing with a great offensive center.

Put Kreider with DK for three years and come back and update us. DeBrusk is a third line talent on any team with top 6 wingers. This team has not been able to score goals in key moments due to the fact the team has NO second line quality wingers.

Is Mika Zibanejad not a legit center or something? That's who Kreider has played most with the past 3 seasons. Yet, his numbers have been pretty similar to what DeBrusk has produced.

DeBrusk is not a 3rd line talent. I know the hate has grown for the player lately, but even still... His production hasn't been bad and it's been 2nd line level. This with a cast of scrubs on his RW.... And it's been like that for years, just like with Krejci.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Is Mika Zibanejad not a legit center or something? That's who Kreider has played most with the past 3 seasons. Yet, his numbers have been pretty similar to what DeBrusk has produced.

DeBrusk is not a 3rd line talent. I know the hate has grown for the player lately, but even still... His production hasn't been bad and it's been 2nd line level. This with a cast of scrubs on his RW.... And it's been like that for years, just like with Krejci.

Why does it have to be "the hate" My opinion is what it is. I just dont think DeBrusk is a second line player. The GM and coach obviously agree with you.

Let the good times roll I guess.

What do people think we are going to get that will change this offense without making deduction from the roster?

Bruins will be adding if Debrusk is the player the Rangers want for Kreider

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Why does it have to be "the hate" My opinion is what it is. I just dont think DeBrusk is a second line player. The GM and coach obviously agree with you.

Let the good times roll I guess.

What do people think we are going to get that will change this offense without making deduction from the roster?

Bruins will be adding if Debrusk is the player the Rangers want for Kreider

You think the bruins would have to add to DeBrusk to trade for a UFA to be with similar production? Laughable.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
You think the bruins would have to add to DeBrusk to trade for a UFA to be with similar production? Laughable.
Ya I don’t think that should have to be a thing at all.

That said I do agree with those that want Kreider or someone like him. They need some size badly upfront that can take a puck to the net, hell even run over a goalie every now and then.

They have a plethora of guys that lime to play east-west. A north- south guy would open up a lot of ice out there and should be doable at the TDL

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Ya I don’t think that should have to be a thing at all.

That said I do agree with those that want Kreider or someone like him. They need some size badly upfront that can take a puck to the net, hell even run over a goalie every now and then.

They have a plethora of guys that lime to play east-west. A north- south guy would open up a lot of ice out there and should be doable at the TDL

I want Kreider as well. He's a 2nd liner. Just like DeBrusk. That's my point.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Kreider can score, is a great skater and can be a physical dominating presence, but now with Hall off the Market, he goes right to the top of the list of the most wanted and there will be a lot of teams in a bidding war for his services.

Gorton and Sweeney obviously have a pretty good rapport, but Gorton is going to be able to pick and choose from a whole lot of suitors, so hopefully Sweeney has him on speed dial and is wearing out the button.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Kreider can score, is a great skater and can be a physical dominating presence, but now with Hall off the Market, he goes right to the top of the list of the most wanted and there will be a lot of teams in a bidding war for his services.

Gorton and Sweeney obviously have a pretty good rapport, but Gorton is going to be able to pick and choose from a whole lot of suitors, so hopefully, Sweeney has him on speed dial and is wearing out the button.

His best bet is to get him now so there is no bidding war driving up his price. But if I am Gorton I know I can get a better return on trade deadline day. Sweeney would have to offer Gordon an amazing package for him to take it now, IMO. I also don't think Sweeney is the type of GM to mortgage our future to increase a shot at a championship this year. There are certain prospects that are untouchable not so much for what they are now but because they will fill an organizational need in the next few years as our core begins their transition.

I firmly believe Don has been in a ton of trade talks behind the scenes we will never know about since him becoming GM. I believe we have not seen many trades because he is unwilling to damage the future of the Bruins for the today. He is trying to give this team a fighting shot at a cup, but realizes that after their time is done the Bruins need to still be a team that competes and retains respectability(ahem, profitability.)

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
I want Kreider as well. He's a 2nd liner. Just like DeBrusk. That's my point.
Oh I’d agree they both are.

Debrusk reminds me a bit of Couture. If he can learn the sweet spots in the offensive zone he can score from, as opposed to blazing down the wing over and over, there’s no reason they can’t have similar careers

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
His best bet is to get him now so there is no bidding war driving up his price. But if I am Gorton I know I can get a better return on trade deadline day. Sweeney would have to offer Gordon an amazing package for him to take it now, IMO. I also don't think Sweeney is the type of GM to mortgage our future to increase a shot at a championship this year. There are certain prospects that are untouchable not so much for what they are now but because they will fill an organizational need in the next few years as our core begins their transition.

I firmly believe Don has been in a ton of trade talks behind the scenes we will never know about since him becoming GM. I believe we have not seen many trades because he is unwilling to damage the future of the Bruins for the today. He is trying to give this team a fighting shot at a cup, but realizes that after their time is done the Bruins need to still be a team that competes and retains respectability(ahem, profitability.)

I don't see any untouchable prospects and I certainly don't think by trading any of them would Mortgage the future of this team. If Sweeney actually thinks this way ( which I'm sure he doesn't) he shouldn't be in charge, they'll always be other drafts and more prospects stepping up. FA signings, future deals bringing in prospects, drafts etc

You play to win the Cup that's every players dream and you do what you have to do when your this close and if the Bruins are that bad off, by trading a top prospect or two today for a proven top six winger it mortgages their future. Sweeney needs to be replaced, because he's been stock piling prospects now for the last 5 years and this upcoming draft is very deep.

Besides all this more than likely as Sweeney has often said, he wants a hockey trade someone who's just not a rental, someone who helps today and tomorrow. I'm a Sweeney supporter and I have faith in him if he decides to trade a couple of the top Bruins prospects he'll get a very nice return and in this years draft,college free-agency he'll add more suitable prospects to replace the ones he dealt.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lo97 and sarge88

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site

If the GM doesn't fix this in the next few weeks we will be in for a very disappointing second half. Love how posters are so we will get better this mean nothing, but fail to mention so will other teams.

Wait until the teams we think we can play with add MORE talent to their rosters while our GM rolls 9 third/forth liners out there every night and prey the first line/power play works and our goalies can make some saves.
What’s wrong with mass[sic] kids? Are Grzelcyk, Wagner and Coyle that horrible? Don’t understand your reasoning here.

Reactions: Lo97

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
What’s wrong with mass[sic] kids? Are Grzelcyk, Wagner and Coyle that horrible? Don’t understand your reasoning here.

Never said this. Some guys can deal with playing at home and some can't. Let's not push our luck

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
For me it’s Kreider, and it’s always been Kreider.

He has the size and hitting game we lack. He’s the only physical top9 forward rumored to be available. Put him on line2 and Coyle on line3 and you’re no longer getting pushed off pucks in the offensive zone. He’s a career average 50 point player who produces at ES, and he’s a terrific net front presence for the 1st PP which, all of a sudden, could use the help.

Pageau is second for me, mostly because he’s best at 3C and so is Coyle. He’s 5’10 and he’s not a big hitter or huge takeaway guy so while he’s not easily pushed off the puck, he’s not knocking guys around either. He’s not what I would consider a strong passer... He does have a history of scoring in the playoffs and while I think his goal outburst this season is an anomaly, I do think he would produce in the post season. He’s also a spectacular defensive player, Bergeron-lite, and a high character guy.
:thumbu:

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas

Krieder playing with Kretchi and getting powerplay time. He will be more than a 50 pt player. Plus his size and physical game is much better than Debrusk. I like Debrusk but I would take Krieder over him for a play off run.

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
I hope they make a deal well before the deadline
I would like to see Kreider playing on a line with Coyle and Bjork

member 96824

I would not trade Studnicka, Beecher, Lauko or Vaak, after that all others could be traded, sure some guys like Frederic and Senyshen, you have to be getting a very good player in the deal. Guys like Zboril, Cehlarik, Fitzgerald etc. I trade them in a minute if we can get help for the big club.

What club is going to send us the help we need for those guys? Even Frederic or Senyshyn included. Every single team has plenty dime a dozen AHLers like Fitzgerald and Cehlarik.

I’m high on our guys too...but if we sacrifice the last year of the Chara-Bergeron-Rask-Marchand era because we couldn’t handle the thought of trading Jakub Lauko and instead just go into playoffs with some guy from we grab at the Fours in pregame on Krejci’s wing, I’m going to burn TD garden to the ground.

Reactions: Lo97 and Pia8988

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
Why? Because you like the other top two lines to be small? Or do you just like to see Krejci suffer? ;)
Wow must be having a tough morning take it easy
Krejci hasn’t brought any of his line mates along and it’s time for a change
Think the Bruins feel they are value out of Krejci at 8.5 million

member 96824

In the world of trade value, Ryan Fitzgerald and Peter Cehlarik are closer to the “future considerations” end of the spectrum than they are “Pieces that fill a top 6 hole on a cup team”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad