Proposal: All Bruins Trade Rumours /Proposals IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
I personally see nothing of frederic more than a lower end 3rd liner or high end 4th liner. Gretzky said himself when they drafted frederic they view him as 3rd liner and he’s done nothing to prove he’s any better than that so far.

you absolutely sacrifice frederic if you think it gives you the best opportunity to win a cup.

Bruins have one of the worst (probably bottom 5) prospect pools in the league and somehow people have 6-8 untouchables in this system. It’s ridiculous.
bottom 5? They probably have the best prospects in the league. I'd rather keep all of them and let them develop. Sweeney knows what he's doing!

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Why can't we keep both Gryz and Hobbit? Both are great players!
because in 2021 Seattle is going to have an expansion draft and we'll only be able to protect 3 D. 2 of those will almost certainly be McAvoy & Carlo.

We have 3 NHL-ready (or every close to it) LHD in Providence in addition to the 2 NHL LHD we're talking about. We have ZERO 2nd line RWs.

see the problem here?

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
He’s 34 years old....
Long cup run last year.
Who knows this year?

When Bjork, Vaakanainen, Etc. Are at their peak, how effective do you expect Bergeron and Krejci, for that matter to be?

This is probably their last, best kick at the can for a good 4-5 years.

Get this core the help they need now.
I don't want to give up any of our great prospects for another teams problems. Bergy probably has 6 or 7 more in him.

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
because in 2021 Seattle is going to have an expansion draft and we'll only be able to protect 3 D. 2 of those will almost certainly be McAvoy & Carlo.

We have 3 NHL-ready (or every close to it) LHD in Providence in addition to the 2 NHL LHD we're talking about. We have ZERO 2nd line RWs.

see the problem here?
The problem I see is if you become our GM. :nod:

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I don't want to give up any of our great prospects for another teams problems. Bergy probably has 6 or 7 more in him.

Kreider, Pageau aren’t problems.

And, the greatness of these prospects is yet to be determined.

There are +/- 640 guys on NHL active rosters right now.

There is always a deal to be made.

All of the prospects can’t end up making it.

Reactions: DFBRUINS

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
Kreider, Pageau aren’t problems.

And, the greatness of these prospects is yet to be determined.

There are +/- 640 guys on NHL active rosters right now.

There is always a deal to be made.

All of the prospects can’t end up making it.
I would rather see them make it with us than with someone else.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
I would not trade Studnicka, Beecher, Lauko or Vaak, after that all others could be traded, sure some guys like Frederic and Senyshen, you have to be getting a very good player in the deal. Guys like Zboril, Cehlarik, Fitzgerald etc. I trade them in a minute if we can get help for the big club.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I would rather see them make it with us than with someone else.

Make what?

The team?

I’d bet my house that not one forward in Providence right now ever scores 30 in the NHL.

The defense prospects are better, but they have enough of them that they should be looking to move one or two to get the winger they need.

Personally, I’d rather see this years team win a cup than hope that a bunch of prospects someday make it this far.

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
You have too many top prospects and no real fixes for the big club. You can only keep so many young players happy for a limited period. Stuck in the minors for years and they will want to move elsewhere.

Use some of these assets to accquire a 2rw which is an immediate requirement. Gryz and Heinen may have to be part of a package.
Trade away Miller, Moore as well to free cap space.

Kreider, Pageau, Palmeiri or Toffoli should be targeted.

You don't have enough firepower Donnie and time is running out for a last shot at a cup.

Come Donnie where are your creative juices, show us your back bone.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
love hearing about how our prospects are untradeable when they can't get in the lineup over Brett Ritchie & Par Lindholm.

I mean that’s what you get when your GM is addicted to signing role players

I’m sure they could be in the lineup and doing as good of a job or better as more than half the bottom 6, but Sweeney just can’t contain himself when it comes to depth players

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
bottom 5? They probably have the best prospects in the league. I'd rather keep all of them and let them develop. Sweeney knows what he's doing!

saddest part about this forum is idk if this guy is trolling or he’s serious. Because there’s really people that think this despite every respected talent analysis saying otherwise

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
Sweeney has done a wonderful job of stocking this team with great, young players. Why not keep them and let them develop? If we're patient we will be rewarded. I'm happy with our roster. We don't need to take someone's problems!
This team has a two year window to win the cup. I believe they should go for it. You gotta give to get. Let’s hope Donny trades the right young guys like he did with Donato

Reactions: BrainOfJ

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
The prospect love here by some is flowing overboard.

Winning the Cup should be Number one on the agenda list. The Bruins with another Cup win would really solidify them as being a great team since 2011. No player is untouchable and without a doubt no prospect should be deemed untouchable, nor do I think Sweeney looks at it that way.

How do we really know that Sweeney isn't willing to trade any of his prospects, maybe other GM's around the league aren't as high on them as HFboard members are.:dunno: Maybe its the salary cap problem where Sweeney has been able to make a deal sending prospects down the road, but his hands then become tied do to the cap and he can't take the cap hit back because the other team wants no part of the cap player the Bruins want to move back.

I think one of Sweeney greatest strength is his patience and to a fault at times. He needs to bring in a solution in the top six, doesn't matter if its trading Studnicka,Beecher,Lauzon,Vaak or whoever else. Now you don't deal them for an over the hill vet who has one or two more good years left, but you find a hockey deal and fix the top six problem with a player that fixes the problem for the next 5-6 years where he doesn't have to keep going back to the same well year after after year.

I'd also have no problem dealing Grizz if it meant getting a top six forward back, with Lauzon and Vaak waiting in the wings, hell I'd do it yesterday and not look back.

Last edited:

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Nothing is happening until closer to the deadline. Prices are always higher early and the Bruins don’t have any cap space.

If you want to shake things up, bring up Studnicka or Frederic or Senyshyn. Maybe swap Bjork and DeBrusk.

Nothing about this team has changed. They have a great PP (that is cold I right now), good goaltending (that is cold right now), good defensive structure and not enough offense at 5 on 5.

Reactions: neelynugs

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Does knowing that McAvoy’s best friend on the team is Gryz and he is the guy he talks to the most about hockey change your thinking on Krug vs Gryz long term?

Honestly, I just catch my preference changing depending on how well the PP is doing that week.

OSAttackFan88

Jan 2, 2015
It’s not rocket science as to what’s wrong with this team... it’s a one line team. Need a lot more from the other three lines. PP has gone for a shit, goaltending needs to improve. Only saving grace is we keep getting loser points and the teams below us aren’t exactly playing well either.. could easily be a 16-20 point lead if we could win a shootout. Players only meeting if they lose to Washington might be needed

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
So do the people who want Kreider also think DeBrusk is a 3rd line winger?

Chris Kreider: 34 Games -- 8 Goals -- 11 Assists -- 19 Points -- 0.56 PPG / Projected: 82 Games -- 19 Goals -- 27 Assists -- 46 Points
Jake DeBrusk: 32 Games -- 8 Goals -- 9 Assists -- 17 Points -- 0.53 PPG / Projected: 77 Games -- 19 Goals -- 22 Assists -- 41 Points

For their careers, Kreider obviously has the GP but:

Chris Kreider: 0.59 Career PPG
Jake DeBrusk: 0.60 Career PPG

Last night, I watched someone propose trading DeBrusk in a package for Kreider, and saw more than a few posts that mentioned DeBrusk being a "3rd line winger". Just not understanding that one while there's people here clamoring for Kreider, whose production is the same as JDB for this season and career wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad