Proposal: All Bruins Trade Proposals VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Backes hasn’t skated in 2 weeks due to concussion

he’s a fool if he plays another game
I agree, but he is getting close I think to packing it in or we can put him on LTIR , we can't do that with Kovy and would be stuck with that cap hit.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I agree, but he is getting close I think to packing it in or we can put him on LTIR , we can't do that with Kovy and would be stuck with that cap hit.
Screw Kovy - he’s cooked

as for Backes

1. an all time fav of mine
2. I want him to be happy & healthy and saving cats & dogs

3. I want his cap money to use to sign Krug & Coyle

4. I want him to realize it’s over don’t hang on for money you will never need

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Screw Kovy - he’s cooked

as for Backes

maybe he should call up rick nash. agree with all of this.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Backes hasn’t skated in 2 weeks due to concussion

he’s a fool if he plays another game

If I knew the guy personally I would seriously take him to lunch and talk about the branching path in front of him.
Completely regardless of his cap hit to the Bruins. He needs to make a hard decision about his life right now, not just his current career.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Screw Kovy - he’s cooked

as for Backes

Very well put.

Please no Kovy, he doesn’t give a shit about winning or his teammates.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Watching tonight’s game vs. Washington doesn’t discourage me at all, provided they get the 2RW or 3C they need.

Either of these lineups can win a cup.

Bergeron line.
JDB - Krejci - Coyle
Bjork - Trade -Heinen
Lindholm - Kuraly - Wagner -Ritchie - Nordstrom

Bergeron line.
JDB - Krejci - Trade
Bjork - Coyle - Heinen
4th line

I really don't like Coyle on the wing.

If they can get a 2RW, they all of a sudden have a great top 9 with that Bjork - Coyle - Heinen line.

Reactions: bbfan419

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Screw Kovy - he’s cooked

as for Backes

Well said, sometimes though for pro athletes it is hard for them to accept that their career is over and they just hang on, same as Pedroia with the Sox. Of course there is all that money they would leave on the table if they retire during their contract. If we can LTIR Backes for this year and next that is ok with me , but retirement would be even better.

Reactions: DKH

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
If I knew the guy personally I would seriously take him to lunch and talk about the branching path in front of him.
Completely regardless of his cap hit to the Bruins. He needs to make a hard decision about his life right now, not just his current career.
have to think he and Mrs Backes have had some serious discussions about the same

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I really don't like Coyle on the wing.

If they can get a 2RW, they all of a sudden have a great top 9 with that Bjork - Coyle - Heinen line.

I like him better at Center too, but if there’s a better deal for a 3C, I can live with him at RW2.

Last edited:
Reactions: bbfan419

Deal Law

I would love to QEF your PFIC
Jan 15, 2006
Bucks County, PA
Screw Kovy - he’s cooked

as for Backes

Agree with everything over than #4. Who are you to tell him he doesn't need the money? He was offered that ridiculous, moronic contract by Sweeney and accepted it. That's his money and Sweeney's &^$% up; Backes shouldn't have to eat salary he's due because Sweeney made a bad decision.

I want Krug and Coyle signed as well. Maybe Sweeney should operate with some foresight and common sense in the future.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Strafer

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Backes doesn’t leave any money on the table going on LTIR like Savard.

That last play should say it all the other guy took all of the contact and Backes still picked up a concussion.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Agree with everything over than #4. Who are you to tell him he doesn't need the money? He was offered that ridiculous, moronic contract by Sweeney and accepted it. That's his money and Sweeney's ; Backes shouldn't have to eat salary he's due because Sweeney made a bad decision.

I want Krug and Coyle signed as well. Maybe Sweeney should operate with some foresight and common sense in the future.
Ok he needs the money

Sweeney needs to be fired for that contract

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Saxon Eric

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
I'd be worried about three centers in their mid-30's.

I would too if their names were larry, curly, and moe

but no worries about Bergeron anytime soon... will let you know in a few years maybe that changes... wont be changing this year

krejci had another ace playoffs at times last year... had his best regular season... he might be a bit shy of what you want for 7.25 mill but I dont think thats because of age. he is what he has always been

and as for mikko... I think theres a damn good chance he welcomes the opportunity to get out of minny and that depressing style he was forced to play his entire career. also some relief not to be the 'number 1 guy.'

ive seen many cases of guys going to teams like detroit in past decades to wind down their all star careers playing roles on 3rd/4th lines and being a huge advantage to those cup caliber teams.

honestly ive been wishing for boston to have the ability to do this for years... was so excited when we got recchi for exactly this reason. old gray tooth hof guys like to win on their way out of the league... and they can teach the kids around them some of the secrets how to win.

the value is greater in grizzled guys that have winning pedigree, than it is in kids who have struggled to ever get their acts together wherever they played before

Reactions: Strafer

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

but no worries about Bergeron anytime soon... will let you know in a few years maybe that changes... wont be changing this year

krejci had another ace playoffs at times last year... had his best regular season... he might be a bit shy of what you want for 7.25 mill but I dont think thats because of age. he is what he has always been

and as for mikko... I think theres a damn good chance he welcomes the opportunity to get out of minny and that depressing style he was forced to play his entire career. also some relief not to be the 'number 1 guy.'

ive seen many cases of guys going to teams like detroit in past decades to wind down their all star careers playing roles on 3rd/4th lines and being a huge advantage to those cup caliber teams.

honestly ive been wishing for boston to have the ability to do this for years... was so excited when we got recchi for exactly this reason. old gray tooth hof guys like to win on their way out of the league... and they can teach the kids around them some of the secrets how to win.

the value is greater in grizzled guys that have winning pedigree, than it is in kids who have struggled to ever get their acts together wherever they played before

Winning pedigree? Koivu has only been past the 1st round twice in his entire 14-year career.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com

Bergeron had an injury really hamper him in the finals, he is currently injured, and he missed all of training camp with an injury. Krejci missed time this year with a groin injury. Koivu had knee surgery last year...

When was the last time a team won a Stanley Cup with their top three centers 33 and older? Ever? I think there's a reason for that. Three guys in their mid-30's is playing fire.

Last edited:

maxl7

Jun 14, 2017
Bergeron had an injury really hamper him in the finals, he is currently injured, and he missed all of training camp with an injury. Krejci missed time this year with a groin injury. Koivu had knee surgery last year...

When was the last time a team won a Stanley Cup with their top three centers 33 and older? Ever? I think there's a reason for that. Three guys in their mid-30's is playing fire.

People refuse to accept that because Bergeron and Krejci played at a high level yesterday that they are increasingly likely to decline tomorrow. And the day after. And the day after.

Guys don't tend to decline gradually. They usually drop off a cliff. When it happens it's gonna be a gut punch and the Bruins' lack of proactivity is gonna be even more of a gut punch.

Last edited:
Reactions: PlayMakers

kdog82

Oct 6, 2002
Toronto
Visit site

Koivu would be an elite 3C to compliment Bergeron and Krejci. Koivu is still one of the best defensive centres in the game with good hands. I think he would be motivated if he came to Boston for a cup run.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Koivu would be an elite 3C to compliment Bergeron and Krejci. Koivu is still one of the best defensive centres in the game with good hands. I think he would be motivated if he came to Boston for a cup run.

Is he really a better option than the #3 center we already have in Coyle? Spend assets to find a 2nd line RW, not another 3LC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad