Speculation: All Bruins trade proposals/rumors VIII: Over the Holiday Freeze

Status
Not open for further replies.

acr*

Looch at around 3M playing the role he should be in of 2nd line scorer, 3rd line banger would be great. He is overpaid and stuck in a position where he should not be.

Totally agree. The last 40 games he has played have shown what an imposter he is. Those first 7 years were such a tease. Better deal him now for whatever we can. We don't want him around when we have a healthy and complete team, he will just drag them down. Call up Spooner. He can be our new 1st line LW. He is so talented.

pfw19

Oct 1, 2009
Wisconsin
http://www.bostonsportsdesk.com/sun...asier-straight-from-causeway-st/#BruinsNation

Trading Lucic is not the answer. He is a rare breed in this league.

This team lacks bottom six tough players. Players who can play the game, crash, bang bodies and fight.

The Swedes are too soft.

Players like Campbell, Kelly and Paille need to go.

I get your point here, I just respectfully disagree.
1. The league has changed, as has the Bruins roster. Skill guys are more important than Lucic types now.
2. Lucic is not what everyone wants/thinks he is night in and night out. It is almost impossible for him to be, in his defense.
3. I do agree with your assessment of the 4th line. That is the one spot where an enforcer would work.
4. I feel (my opinion) "heavy" and "jam" aren't as important as they were 3 years ago.

Again, just my opinion. I think they have similar disagreements internally in the FO.

bb_fan

Feb 27, 2002
boston
Visit site
I get your point here, I just respectfully disagree.
1. The league has changed, as has the Bruins roster. Skill guys are more important than Lucic types now.
2. Lucic is not what everyone wants/thinks he is night in and night out. It is almost impossible for him to be, in his defense.
3. I do agree with your assessment of the 4th line. That is the one spot where an enforcer would work.
4. I feel (my opinion) "heavy" and "jam" aren't as important as they were 3 years ago.

Again, just my opinion. I think they have similar disagreements internally in the FO.

i dont agree with point #1
i do agree with point #2
I dont agree with point #4

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
If Bergeron is injured stick a fork in it.

Trade Krug, Looch, Bart, maybe Loui and whoever can net a good return without killing the core to contenders.

This just isn't our season. I don't want to trade for ****** rentals like Stewart unless we somehow get into a safe PO position soon.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
the old boys club management in edmonton isn't going to be broken up. they already started the smear campaign and he'll be moved. see if you can build a package around western canadian boy lucic and go from there.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK

Trade Krug, Looch, Bart, maybe Loui and whoever can net a good return without killing the core to contenders.

This just isn't our season. I don't want to trade for ****** rentals like Stewart unless we somehow get into a safe PO position soon.

I can't stand the "without Bergeron we're screwed" way of thinking.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown

If Bergeron is done it would be great if they could get spooner/Koko and julien to make nice nice

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC

Why? Leading scorer, shuts down the other team, plays the PP and PK. Future captain.

The Bruins game revolves around Bergeron. Maybe in 2011 or 2013, but we don't have the depth or health this year to succeed without him.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston

Me neither. But it's true. I wish it wasn't but he's the one guy on this team you can always rely on. The entire offense collapses with him out.

Luckily he's only day to day. Gotta hope it isn't something that will nagg him for the rest of the season. All you can do.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
Trade Lucic is the answer? Is this board for real? You lose your whole identity when #17 is gone. Chara is almost finished and who do you have then? McQuaid? Campbell? The big bad Bruins are no more. We keep Lucic, we get a banger for the 4th line, a power forward to play on the top line and a top 4 dman and we're back to what made us successful the last number of years. Its a frustrating time right now, but the amount of crap I read from "Bruins Fans" is ridiculous. Its not always good times

PlayoffBeard365

Apr 11, 2014
Cape Cod, MA
Trade Lucic is the answer? Is this board for real? You lose your whole identity when #17 is gone. Chara is almost finished and who do you have then? McQuaid? Campbell? The big bad Bruins are no more. We keep Lucic, we get a banger for the 4th line, a power forward to play on the top line and a top 4 dman and we're back to what made us successful the last number of years. Its a frustrating time right now, but the amount of crap I read from "Bruins Fans" is ridiculous. Its not always good times

By identity do you mean minimal skill, slow, gutless and inconsistent? Or...

KuralySnipes

Jan 7, 2011
Arlington, VA
Honestly, I am starting to think blowing the team up is the way to go. Krejci, Bergeron, Rask and Hamilton are the only guys I would keep under most if not all circumstances. This year's draft is stacked, wouldn't mind trying to get a top 10 pick this year and clearing up cap room in the process.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
It amazes me management would trade a young player with elite skills they were essentially gifted after dogging so many picks. Abysmal drafting is what is killing this team and it's been happening slowly for awhile, it's just now it's really starting to show

I don't want to say they're arrogant, but it's really starting to look that way to me. Don't think any trades can help them other than loading up for the draft and getting player analysis right for once

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008

Honest question. Will Lucic be worth his next contract?

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Why? He is arguably our most important player. (Arguably.)

I wonder how many teams in hockey can win the Cup without their most important player.

He is "Mr. Everything" who plays in all situations in all three zones.

For me it just feels like an excuse to throw in the towel. I also feel like it de-values all of the other players.

I know how important Bergeron is to this team and its success. I just don't like the chicken little mentality every time he misses a shift or practice.

Ice Nine

Dec 11, 2014
Parts Unknown
It amazes me management would trade a young player with elite skills they were essentially gifted after dogging so many picks. Abysmal drafting is what is killing this team and it's been happening slowly for awhile, it's just now it's really starting to show

I don't want to say they're arrogant, but it's really starting to look that way to me. Don't think any trades can help them other than loading up for the draft and getting player analysis right for once

I'll happily say it: Bruins FO is arrogant. CJ is arrogant. Behind the B segment on Seguin trade was teeming with arrogance (and stupidity).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad