Speculation: All Bruins trade proposals/rumors VIII: Over the Holiday Freeze

Status
Not open for further replies.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
This probably was posted earlier, but I'm just putting this here to spark discussion.

SerenityRick

Jan 23, 2008
Moultonborough, NH
Light a candle here comes Yandle?

Eggnog poured complete with candle with this chant I summon Yandle

Demon Eyes

Nov 29, 2014
what could we get for Rask? If Rask is a product of the system, then could we not trade him and pick up another defenceman and a right winger. By upgrading our defence, and maybe getting some extra offence then we could live with a cheaper little more average goaltender.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
what could we get for Rask? If Rask is a product of the system, then could we not trade him and pick up another defenceman and a right winger. By upgrading our defence, and maybe getting some extra offence then we could live with a cheaper little more average goaltender.

I'm not morally opposed to moving Tuukka, but I wouldn't do it for less than a Taylor Hall calibre stud. I think a structured team a la Claude can be successful with a Good-very good tender rather than an "Elite" one. Would also mean finding that tender as I don't think Sveddy or Subban are that guy.

Ice Nine

Dec 11, 2014
Parts Unknown
You fools. :)

Its neither Yandle nor Crombeen.

It's Vermette. And maybe Doan, but more likely Vermette.

And, forgive if I don't get excited about bringing Chris Kelly v2.0 to this team in Vermette.

Seriously. What need does Vermette meet? He's going to be just another grinding two-way forward who, once under CJ's "system", will score 10 times a year, if we're lucky.

Chiarelli and this Front Office are delusional. They really are. It was quite obvious on Behind the B when discussing Seguin trade. It hasn't changed.

I have zero confidence in these clowns.

acr*

I'm not morally opposed to moving Tuukka, but I wouldn't do it for less than a Taylor Hall calibre stud. I think a structured team a la Claude can be successful with a Good-very good tender rather than an "Elite" one. Would also mean finding that tender as I don't think Sveddy or Subban are that guy.

Immediately or longer term?

Personally, if Subban is still in the system going into the 2016-2017 season, I would look at moving Tuukka at the 2016 entry draft. Subban's controlled cost could be very valuable to us by then. If we could move Tuukka to a team that has a young up and coming, cost controlled stud, but with some proven NHL talent (a Monohan type), I would move Tuukka. Maybe we could get that player and a 1st back. I do think I would rather spend Tuukka's salary in other places by that point. Chara will be damn near 40 then.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
You know it's slow when the LOLStewart talks come back in. Hell, even Stewart is trying to sell fans that he isn't one of the worst contracts in the NHL.

Ice Nine

Dec 11, 2014
Parts Unknown

Agreed. I'd move Rask, but it would have to get back an elite return -- Taylor Hall makes great sense. OR even, trading him for Conor McDavid or Eichel after the draft. There would have to be more pieces, but I think it's the architecture for a proper trade.

If Rask refuses to waive his NTC, then you tell him that he'll be platooning with Svedberg and/or Subban. We'll see awfully quickly whether those guys are up to the job. My sense is that Subban needs more time, but Svedberg could be our #1 now if we wanted.

Johnmbs1962

Jun 25, 2014
I see absolutely no reason why Rask would waive his NMC, especially to go to Edmonton......

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
STL obviously has a lot of talented players, and Oshie and Berglund have already been linked to the B's in various reports, but I don't see either ARI or VAN as great trade fits for the B's.

Arizona has Vermette, he is a good defensively and at the dot, but gives you more offense than Campbell or Kelly. Other than that, the guys I like on that team (OEL, Hanzal) are probably not going anywhere. Don't see Yandle in Boston either. Maybe as a UFA in a few years?

VAN is an even worse fit than ARI imo. Benning obviously knows the B's youth and prospects and likely has some interest, but other than Kassian in a 3rd-4th line role, who do they have that would fit on the B's? Love some of their prospects like McCann, Horvat, Virtanen, but the only way the B's would be looking at those kids is if they had thrown the towel in. I'm sure Lucic would be extremely attraction to the Nucks, but they don't have a player (like Hall) that would be of equal value, that I see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad