Proposal: All Bruins Rumours/Proposals X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Palmieri would be great and so would Kreider. Toffoli is an option then Galchenyuk is in the sleeper category. Teams are going start surrounding these guys and the prices will go up on the top 2. The other two can still be had for a decent price.

Who do we give up? Has to be some pain in this. Cap has to go out with cap coming in. Why not Backes for Galchenyuk, if he is just a 4th liner on the Pens. Backes can do that role and probably better and get a lot more ice time then here. Only 1.1 million difference on the cap. Add in Celly and a 4th rounder. Pens need some forwards.

Let Galchenyuk who is only 25 be mentored by Krech and Bergy. Be nice to have a guy who can score. Also he would be motivated to play hard against the Pens and Habs and stick it to 2 teams we do not like.

Reactions: bbfan419

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Good to hear but Palmeiri is legit top 6 who is excellent 5X5

He can limit Devils options significantly with his modified no move clause

ironic two close friends Coyle & Wagner signed extensions

things happen in 3’s

makes zero sense for Devils to hold on to him

and makes double zero sense to hold on to him till next year when his return will be less

time to strike

Marchand-Bergeron-Palmeiri

DeBrusk-Krejci- Pastrnak

just gas up the Duck Boats and tell me where to report

Almost every team in the league could use a RW of Palmeiri's caliber.

How could the Bruins possibly outbid everyone else if he's available?

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012

According to Friedman, why do the Bruins have Toffoli at their hip pocket if they want to trade for him but have not gotten outbid by everyone else if he's available? :sarcasm:

I think teams look at what the Bruins have on their roster and in their cupboard of prospects and are intrigued.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Palmieri would be great and so would Kreider. Toffoli is an option then Galchenyuk is in the sleeper category. Teams are going start surrounding these guys and the prices will go up on the top 2. The other two can still be had for a decent price.

Who do we give up? Has to be some pain in this. Cap has to go out with cap coming in. Why not Backes for Galchenyuk, if he is just a 4th liner on the Pens. Backes can do that role and probably better and get a lot more ice time then here. Only 1.1 million difference on the cap. Add in Celly and a 4th rounder. Pens need some forwards.

Let Galchenyuk who is only 25 be mentored by Krech and Bergy. Be nice to have a guy who can score. Also he would be motivated to play hard against the Pens and Habs and stick it to 2 teams we do not like.

If Backes can be better than Galchenyuk at any role, why would we want him?

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
According to Friedman, why do the Bruins have Toffoli at their hip pocket if they want to trade for him but have not gotten outbid by everyone else if he's available? :sarcasm:

I think teams look at what the Bruins have on their roster and in their cupboard of prospects and are intrigued.

I guess we'll see what happens.

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
Just a friendly reminder, we almost always think it will cost more than it actually does.

I think the Bruins really like him long term for some reason, but I’m done with investing that much time in Heinen. I’d move Heinen for Palmieri and when Kulman comes back it’s no great loss.

Unfortunately, as Brick said last night “the Bruins seem to trust Heinen in all situations.” I trust him to underwhelm.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003

You can always overpay.

Not every other team is in the same position as the Bruins. Some have a bigger window, some aren’t close yet, etc.

The Bruins need a guy like him more that say a TB, Toronto or Washington.

The question becomes how necessary does Sweeney feel getting a guy like Palmieri is and how much is he willing to pay?

Reactions: Strafer

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

Here are 12 teams that due to salary cap or standings position that Palmeiri wouldn’t have to use up a slot on his modified 8 team no trade

Montreal
Ottawa
Toronto
Buffalo
Detroit
Chicago
Winnipeg
San Jose
Anaheim
Kings
Rangers

his agent could pick 8 teams that could be interested in him and assign his modified NMC

if Palmeiri objective was to play here with a chance for a Stanley Cup along with his friends and where he makes his offseason home he could limit the Devils options

BruinsNetwork

Palmieri's my choice, but for the sake of argument, where would Galchenyuk play? Does he play RW with any consistency? I know he has bounced all over. At this point is he seen as a center or a wing?

I think he's got the tools and the money & cost would be a fit, in terms of where he fits in the lineup I'd worry it's a square peg/round hole situation.

Same thing as MoJo last year— play talent with talent and see what happens, you know? Not saying it’ll work, but Galchenyuk is one of the most talented players out there, he’s just never been able to put it together. I’d roll him with Krejci or Coyle and see what happens. In the least bit, he’ll probably outplay someone like Heinen in terms of danger and scoring.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
DKH,

What makes you say he wants to go to Boston?

He explained that Wagner, Coyle and Palmieri all work out together in the summer and that Palmieri owns a home in the Boston area (Cape Cod IIRC). Also, his contract is up next year and at this point he's worth more now than in a year. Furthermore, he can choose which teams he does/doesn't want to go to, to a certain degree because of his NMC. Also the Bruins are not far off from contention for the Stanley Cup.
Here's an article:
As Bruins assess trade market, Kyle Palmieri is a right wing...

Last edited:

Boston Bandit

Aug 2, 2005
He explained that Wagner, Coyle and Palmieri all work out together in the summer and that Palmieri owns a home in the Boston area (Cape Cod IIRC).
Here's an article:
As Bruins assess trade market, Kyle Palmieri is a right wing...
Palmieri has scored 66 5-on-5 goals since becoming a Devil in 2015, according to Evolving Hockey. His sum is greater than those of finishers such as Mike Hoffman (63), Steven Stamkos (61) and Taylor Hall (57).

I like this stat. Now I really want him!

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't a player's no trade teams turned in during the offseason or the beginning of a new season?

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Palmieri has scored 66 5-on-5 goals since becoming a Devil in 2015, according to Evolving Hockey. His sum is greater than those of finishers such as Mike Hoffman (63), Steven Stamkos (61) and Taylor Hall (57).

I like this stat. Now I really want him!

was sold (as most of us were already) before this piece of info, now I’m double sold. I hopped in to mention that Toffoli (I’ve coveted him for a couple years now) would be fine if Heinen stays, Kreider would be better but i think NY keeps him, and Palmieri would be my choice. This stat sort of just increases the already surging blood flow i suppose

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
Can someone remind me of what the Devils need?
What NJ needs:
1. Top 4 left D (main need is a defensive dman, with Andy Greene done after this season)
2. Draft Picks (NJ has no 2020 2nd &3rd round picks, no 2021 2nd round picks)
3. Young middle six winger (If you need to send a roster player for cap reasons, then we would take a player like Heinen over someone like John Moore, who already played for NJ and choose to let him go)
4. Backup Goalie / goalie prospect (Not a priority. Will likely be addressed in offseason)

What we dont need:
1. Centers (You should be fine with keeping Studnicka and Beecher. NJ center depth at NHL and prospect level is good)

I can't see any deal for Palmieri that doesnt have Vaakanainen and draft picks going to new jersey.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Has he actually said he wants to play here though? If yes, link plz?

Has any player under contract with any team, ever said they want to go to another team?

Hockey players as a rule are too respectful to do that.

Reactions: Lo97

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
While under contract?

I don’t remember that.

Not doubting you just don’t remember it.
Hamilton because he's a d**k he shot his way out of Boston in the off season and then not sure if, he then wanted out of Calgary because they didn't keep his brother..... Hamhuis IIRC because he had an ill family member and he wanted to be closer to home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad