Proposal: All Bruins Rumours/Proposals X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shoebottom88

Feb 4, 2019
Would it really be that much more expensive than the Coyle trade last year (Donato & a 4th)? Not sure why Heinen and a 2nd doesn't get it done.
There is a tendency to overvalue others team’s players. And then you see some of these high value players go for picks & prospects. I think something like Heinen + 2nd would get it done.

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
Galchenyuk is shooting about half his career average, so there may be something salvageable there.

I swear I remember him playing the right side with the toilet seats, but he's been strictly left wing with the Penguins. He can play RW, correct?

BruinsNetwork

might be worth the risk but he hasn’t done anything to prove he’s worth the risk.

That just isn’t true. Galchenyuk is a perennial ~20G guy who typical finishes with 45-50 points each year. He’s come up a couple short of 20 a few times, but also didn’t play full seasons either. I find him to be the goal-scoring version of MoJo.

He has only been on bad teams or miscast in roles not suited for him (Claude asking him to be something he isn’t or play on the L4) until Pittsburgh. He didn’t end up being a fit there because they’ve been decimated by injuries and had to start playing that STL style of hockey from mid-season last year where it’s North-South, off to the races every chances.

Will Galchenyuk fit here under Cassidy who can properly manage and use him? It’s quite possible and it shouldn’t be that costly regardless, IMO.

Reactions: Strafer

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
My wish list KylePalmeri,Chris Kreider,Josh Anderson, Tomas Hertl, Kevin Fiala, Eric Haula .I know there could be reasons why some might not work ,example being financially etc but I think every player here would fit in Bruins and help as far as on the ice

Reactions: Strafer

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT
I did. But I also talked about it at length on the podcast with @BruinsNetwork a couple of weeks ago and why he might fit.

It's a question of style of play.

Galchenyuk is an east-west hockey player. It's his strength and when a team plays an east-west game he has had success. Even in Arizona last season.

Pittsburgh acquired him because that's exactly what the Pens played. Until all their injuries occurred. Watch their games. They have, for months now, played a north-south game and Galchenyuk just doesn't have success in that type of game.

He has $2.2 million remaining this year. And if LeBrun is right, the Pens only want a fourth liner back for him.

Hey if it costs them Ritchie or Lindholm... why the hell not right?

Reactions: JCRO and bbfan419

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT
My wish list KylePalmeri,Chris Kreider,Josh Anderson, Tomas Hertl, Kevin Fiala, Eric Haula .I know there could be reasons why some might not work ,example being financially etc but I think every player here would fit in Bruins and help as far as on the ice.

I think you're only available options out of those are you first two... unless you really come correct. Haula having a great year for a great team in Carolina, Hertl is part of the future over there in SJ, Fiala has been hot lately and Minny has turned things around a bit... Anderson has had a horrible year and is currently hurt... even with the bad year not sure Torts and the Jackets are looking to unload him.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
I did. But I also talked about it at length on the podcast with @BruinsNetwork a couple of weeks ago and why he might fit.

It's a question of style of play.

Galchenyuk is an east-west hockey player. It's his strength and when a team plays an east-west game he has had success. Even in Arizona last season.

Pittsburgh acquired him because that's exactly what the Pens played. Until all their injuries occurred. Watch their games. They have, for months now, played a north-south game and Galchenyuk just doesn't have success in that type of game.

He has $2.2 million remaining this year. And if LeBrun is right, the Pens only want a fourth liner back for him.
I would offer any of our 4th lines types Wagner, Kuraly, Lindholm, Nordstrom, Backes, Ritchie either of those guys I would trade for Galchenyuk.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
According to the main board, Edmonton called Columbus about Anderson, and Columbus either wanted RNH, or Bouchard/Broberg + 1st.

Bruins don't have a comparable to RNH (age and contract situation), so I'm guessing it would take Vaakanainen + 1st? I think that is a lot for a player that is still sidelined with a shoulder injury and is still potentially dealing with a wrist injury.

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
Galchenyuk is an interesting case. I think he'd be a terrific buy low option. Fit doesn't seem great on paper, but sometimes a change of scenery is all it takes. The history of production is there from a relatively young age. Only Filip Forseberg has more goals/points from the 2012 draft.

kdog82

Oct 6, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
I like Galchenyuk and would most definitely take a chance with him.

Debrusk-Krejci-Galchenyuk

They are looking for a 4th liner.... Bruins have an abundance of these. I'd even add a pick to make it happen.

Reactions: Lo97 and bbfan419

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I think you're only available options out of those are you first two... unless you really come correct. Haula having a great year for a great team in Carolina, Hertl is part of the future over there in SJ, Fiala has been hot lately and Minny has turned things around a bit... Anderson has had a horrible year and is currently hurt... even with the bad year not sure Torts and the Jackets are looking to unload him.

You are probably more then right.Just my wish list :D.Hopefully whoever they land fits in.Assuming Don does something of course.ps Pretty sure Anderson good to go now.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I agree Palmieir makes the most sense but we are not sure how willing are they to deal him. My second option would be Craig Smith.
And then i would try Kreider anyway. Probably move Heinen in one of those deals.
I bet New Jersey can suck with or without Palmeiri

They get more now and Palmeiri can bleep them by selecting 8 juicy trade spots he won’t go to while leaving teams like the Rangers, Chicago, Sharks, Kings, Leafs etc off that won’t go for him

Im Palmeiri agent I box them in

let’s be freaking real

devils suck and will next year as well

Bruins need him and can add Ryan Fitzgerald to the deal where his father is assistant GM and get the kid some NHL games

Last edited:

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
According to the main board, Edmonton called Columbus about Anderson, and Columbus either wanted RNH, or Bouchard/Broberg + 1st.

Bruins don't have a comparable to RNH (age and contract situation), so I'm guessing it would take Vaakanainen + 1st? I think that is a lot for a player that is still sidelined with a shoulder injury and is still potentially dealing with a wrist injury.

Columbus is delusional if they think Anderson will land anything close to that.

Root

Feb 22, 2010
I like the Palmeiri idea...

Heinen, Zboril, 1st for Palmeiri and Wood (Devils Retain 50% of Wood's Contract)

Marchand-Bergeron-Pasta
DeBrusk-Krejci-Palmeiri
Bjork-Coyle-Studnicka
Wood-Kuraly-Wagner
Nordstrom

*You can mix and match the bottom 6 with other guys, but that top 6 is very good.

Trade Moore in a seperate deal for a pick, waive Par & Ritchie and bring up Lauzon full time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad