Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
What color paint?
15821484989713800601950499033465.jpg

I know. Its ugly.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Noone can blame the 4th line for that game 5 goal. That was one of the worst non calls in NHL history. Acciari gets slewfoot right in front of the ref and no call. That ref should have been banned for life after that. Literally ruined the Stanley Cup finals.

Accari should have cleared that puck. It left his stick before he was tripped. He didn't clear it and he had lots of time to make a play. I agree it was an egregious non-call but he has to get the puck out. The first goal in Game 7 was him failing to clear it again. That line got worked over and over late in the series and Butch overplayed them.

It's cheap to improve your 4th line at the deadline, especially on the wings. I love Kuraly and I don't hate Wags/Nordy/Lindholm but can you say any combination of those guys gives you a decided edge? I can't.

Reactions: capecodder

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I guess it depends on who the player/prospect is. I don't think you should have to pay a 1st and Bjork/Heinen for 20 games + playoffs of Kreider. That's not even looking at Bjork/Heinen as great players, I just don't think that kind of rental should return a 1st and a 3rd liner who's still got control left. It's more of a philosophical belief about rentals than anything else.

I'm also not that high on Kreider. I just think he's more flash than substance. Looks great at times, but then disappears.
I see what you're saying. I prefer to keep Bjork myself.

The more I think about a Kreider deal, the more I want him to have an extension in place before the trade is finalized.

Reactions: Strafer

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Then wouldn’t they just go with another team that offers more?

Avs beat writer was jsut on Sportsnet 650 Vancouver and said flat out '0% chance the Avs move any of their top four prospects and that Kreider was an outside shot. Rantanen's medical results came back positive and they feel they are still more than one piece away.' He didn't see them offering much beyond their 1st for Kreider.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
I see what you're saying. I prefer to keep Bjork myself.

The more I think about a Kreider deal, the more I want him to have an extension in place before the trade is finalized.

It's funny, I could take or leave a Kreider trade, but I'm 100% against signing him long-term. If there was the possibility where he would give them an actual hometown discount, I might be interested, but you're probably paying him $7+ million for 7 years, and I really don't want to do that. I don't think he's that kind of difference-maker.

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
Okay, I'm bored and I'll try based on rumours and prices:

To Boston:

LW Kreider

To New York:

2020 1st
RW Heinen
LHD Zboril

To Boston:

RW Kovalchuk

To Montreal:

2020 Conditional 3rd (becomes 2021 2nd if Boston advances to SCF)

To Boston:

C Thornton

To San Jose:

RW Backes
2020 2nd
C Beecher

Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak (Perfection Line)
Kreider - Krejci - Kovalchuk (Special K Line)
DeBrusk - Coyle - Bjork (CBD/Chill Line)
Kuraly - Thornton - Wagner

Cap works. Prices work. Prospects and picks out with Heinen.

Damn that'd be good.

Mr Cartmenez

May 15, 2009
Mannheim
If they trade for Kreider better be long term

I’m GM I am looking at a Kreider - Coyle eventual second line

great kid not a lot of miles

No complaints from me unless ends a rental

Are you ready to kiss Krug goodbye? Cannot see us signing multiple guys at around 6-7m annually.

Not a huge friend of Palmieri, but his term would come in handy while giving us a legit chance of extending Krug this off-season and then see where the team stands after the 2021 season.

Reactions: Lo97

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
I don’t need see any team that is a definite favorite to win the Cup. But if the Bruins land Kreider and maybe an upgrade at RW I cant see a team beating them.

MBP
Kreider Krejci upgrade
Debrusk Coyle Bjork
4th

Gotta get creative.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
I don’t need see any team that is a definite favorite to win the Cup. But if the Bruins land Kreider and maybe an upgrade at RW I cant see a team beating them.

MBP
Kreider Krejci upgrade
Debrusk Coyle Bjork
4th

Gotta get creative.

Why do you have a top 6 LW on the 3rd line? FormerBruinsFan trying to reinvent the wheel. Move Kreider to RW. Move DeBrusk back to where he belongs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad