Proposal: All Bruins Rumours/Proposals 2020 VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Why do you have a top 6 LW on the 3rd line? FormerBruinsFan trying to reinvent the wheel. Move Kreider to RW. Move DeBrusk back to where he belongs.

I don't know, at that point you are not talking 2nd line/3rd line, but two lines that can play equal minutes and score goals. It's a bit like what the PBruins do, not about line numbers as a status/value indicator, just lines that work well together.

Mr Cartmenez

May 15, 2009
Mannheim
I don’t need see any team that is a definite favorite to win the Cup. But if the Bruins land Kreider and maybe an upgrade at RW I cant see a team beating them.

We should stop this "unbeatable" talk. As recently as last year we have seen a HUGE favorite in Tampa to not only lose in the playoffs, but get swept by a team that got beat in the next round.

I don't mind Sweeney trying to add to the current squad, but I don't see any different maker being available this year. Last years deadline featured Mark Stone (and even Vegas lost in round 1), but the likes of Kreider and Palmieri are nowhere near that level.

I wouldn't really be sad if he didn't get any of the top guys and settled for consolation prizes. We thought the same way of Coyle and MoJo last year and both turned out to be magnificent additions.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Filled a thread in one day. I’m not even mad that’s impressive

Not just that, but there was literally no new information. The only thing that's happened today is the Alec Martinez trade that was announced last night was finalized. There have been zero other updates.

Reactions: BrainOfJ

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
If they trade for Kreider better be long term

I’m GM I am looking at a Kreider - Coyle eventual second line

great kid not a lot of miles

No complaints from me unless ends a rental
How long and how much would you pay

Reactions: DKH

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
I don't know, at that point you are not talking 2nd line/3rd line, but two lines that can play equal minutes and score goals. It's a bit like what the PBruins do, not about line numbers as a status/value indicator, just lines that work well together.

I don't want an NHL team doing that.

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
Why do you have a top 6 LW on the 3rd line? FormerBruinsFan trying to reinvent the wheel. Move Kreider to RW. Move DeBrusk back to where he belongs.
Not sure why you need to take a shot at me. But I think Debrusk with Coyle would be fantastic. I prefer Coyle over Krejci to be honest and think they would roll 3 lines. Hope that’s ok with you for me to have an opinion. Lots of people here have suggested Kreider with Krejci and Debrusk with Coyle but guess you felt like attacking someone. Anyways, Kreider has never played his off wing, Debrusk has, so if anything, move Debrusk to RW. But from the sounds of it, you know so much so you already knew that.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Okay, I'm bored and I'll try based on rumours and prices:

To Boston:

LW Kreider

To New York:

2020 1st
RW Heinen
LHD Zboril

To Boston:

RW Kovalchuk

To Montreal:

2020 Conditional 3rd (becomes 2021 2nd if Boston advances to SCF)

To Boston:

C Thornton

To San Jose:

RW Backes
2020 2nd
C Beecher

Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak (Perfection Line)
Kreider - Krejci - Kovalchuk (Special K Line)
DeBrusk - Coyle - Bjork (CBD/Chill Line)
Kuraly - Thornton - Wagner

Cap works. Prices work. Prospects and picks out with Heinen.
I hate this because of the cost to move Backes (oof)
I like this because it puts Habs fans in the uncomfortable position of having to root for us to make the Finals :laugh:

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
Bingo. Glad you explained that to him nicely.

Reactions: Dr Hook

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I think it softens the challenge on the opponent. Why limit the minutes of what could be top lines?

I guess I see it more as you give the opponent matching nightmares, and you have two lines below your top line that depending on the game and situation can be used more or less. You are probably right in how it would go, but being able to roll two second lines would be cool.

Reactions: Gargyn

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Alright here's my go for broke proposal, feel free to rip it apart.

To BOS: Kyle Palmieri
To NJD: 2021 1st, Vaak, Fitzgerald, Khulman

To BOS: Rickard Rakell
To ANH: 2020 1st, 2021 2nd, Heinen, Senyshyn, Backes, Andersson

Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak
DeBrusk - Krejci - Palmieri
Bjork - Coyle - Rakell

2020 and 2021 Stanley Cup Champs!!
Love it, well done

Reactions: OneManIsNoMan

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
I guess I see it more as you give the opponent matching nightmares, and you have two lines below your top line that depending on the game and situation can be used more or less. You are probably right in how it would go, but being able to roll two second lines would be cool.

I have confidence in Coyle to continue dominating those lesser opponents but I see his line and the 4th line more about wearing the opposition down in the playoffs while the Bergeron AND Krejci lines carry the scoring.

I worry too much balance will hold back the potential of this team. That isn't to say a 3rd line of Bjork, Coyle, power forward rental cannot be better than the opponent's 2nd line.

I want Krejci and Bergeron on the ice more is all... assuming Kreider or Palmieri do come to Boston.

Reactions: Dr Hook

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Would you guys go for Palmeri & Simmonds (50% retained)?

Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak
DeBrusk - Krejci - Palmeri
Bjork - Coyle - Simmonds
Wagner - Kuraly - Nordstrom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad