Proposal: All Bruins Rumours/Proposals 2020 IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bodit9

Oct 22, 2016
Upstate NY
We haven't discussed Vincent Trocheck's name a lot, and he makes sense on a lot of fronts.

1) He averages 55 points, 160 hits and 60 takeaways per 82. The point average is better than Kreider and Palmieri. The hits are better than Palmieri and the takeaways are better than both. He also averages 39 ES points, which is two more than Kreider and 6 more than Palms. His career high is a 31 goal, 75 point season in 2018.

2) He is 26 years old and is signed for two more years after this one, at a cap hit of $4.75, which is real good value.

3) He's a right shot who can play wing or center, which means he could ride shotgun for Krejci this year and if they decide to move Krejci this summer, he could help Studnicka with defensive draws and responsibilities. They'd essentially have two centers on the ice.

4) He isn't big, but he's a pretty gritty guy who's not afraid of contact and is terrific at creating turnovers with hits and steals.

Last but not least, Florida fans really aren't happy with him, which is confusing since he's right on his career averages for points. I saw someone say he gives the puck away a lot but again, he's right on his average for giveaways. He's also shooting way under his career average so all in all he could be a sneaky good buy low candidate.

Trocheck has been very noticeable to me every time they play the Bruins. Could play 2RW & give some insurance at center if a C gets injured. Interesting nane for sure.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I hate this waiting game, something needs to start to happen.

Who do you keep then Gryzelcyk or Krug?

I would bet on them re-signing Krug, and the issue with him you'd lose him for free this summer.

Grzelcyk could be a part of fixing a 5 year issue.

Reactions: ylekot

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
[QUOTE="BB88, post: 170571541, member: 243721"

I would bet on them re-signing Krug, and the issue with him you'd lose him for free this summer.

Grzelcyk could be a part of fixing a 5 year issue.[/QUOTE]

I don't see both happening.
A Grizz trade could without question fix a 5 year issue, but If that were to happen, I don't see them being able to sign Krug in the off-season. As long as that fix was with someone who had term, which should be a no-brainer, but ......

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
The Panthers are looking for a top 4 defenseman and that's where Trochek name first surfaced. As of today their a playoff team, so I don't think they'll be dealing for futures.
Exactly. Vinnie Trochek aint going anywhere....

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Reactions: TCB

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Florida fans seem to hate Trocheck...Yes, I know there are only a half dozen of them, but they don't speak highly of him
Some video proof.

BUTganBIUAMB2AL.jpg_large.jpg

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018
Think NJ wants an add there for Wood, maybe add Debrusk and McAvoy to make it fair
You do realize that NJ is getting the best player in that deal. Heinen is outproducing Wood. Also everyone gives Heinen shit for his performance in the playoffs but Wood has a whooping 0 points in his playoff career. I have no desire to add Wood to this team.

Reactions: lopey
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad