VAA 98*/76m
87 KAM
80 CLI
60 MOO

*underutilized outliers are shown with their total minutes

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
hes getting a substantial paycut if he wants to comeback

I'm not saying he'll get that deal from the Bruins, but it's certainly the deal he'd ask for. What sort of "substantial" paycut do you expect him to take? I think the lowest $$$ you're looking at is $6.5 million. Assume he gets something between that and $7.

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
Wow. A first and Heinen? More had to be offered. Right? Or does Jersey think more of Heinen than we do at this point?

shoulders7

Jan 28, 2009
Peabody
You do realize that NJ is getting the best player in that deal. Heinen is outproducing Wood. Also everyone gives Heinen shit for his performance in the playoffs but Wood has a whooping 0 points in his playoff career. I have no desire to add Wood to this team.
“His whole playoff career?” Really? He has one series. That’s it. You want to know how many points Danton Heinen had in his first 5 career playoff games? ZERO. He had a goal in game 7 against Toronto in his 6th game and that was it for his first playoff experience. 1 point in 9 games. I think Heinen is a slightly better player, but wood might be a better fit for this team. Either way, calling one 5 game series a career is just silly.

Reactions: Strafer

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
$$$ .If they trade Grizz for a winger with term more than likely he's coming with decent contract, that'll leave very little for them to re-up Krug and once he hits the Market, he will have teams offering anywhere between 8-9 mil per.

Krug is already getting 5.25, so he’s getting a raise, I’d guess in the range of 2.5M.
If I’m not completely mistaken he has said he wants to stay and could take less?

If they bring in a longterm winger trading Heinen as an asset makes sense, frees up cap space at the same time.
Backes could be traded at 6M or retained up to 50% freeing up millions.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
You do realize that NJ is getting the best player in that deal. Heinen is outproducing Wood. Also everyone gives Heinen shit for his performance in the playoffs but Wood has a whooping 0 points in his playoff career. I have no desire to add Wood to this team.

Miles wood is only better than Heinen at goal scoring, even strength goal scoring, speed, drawing penalties, hitting and crashing the net. Other than that, you're right. And yes Heinen is the better playoff performer, getting 3 goals in his 33 games over Wood's 0 in 5.

Mantis

I am a doctah
Mar 7, 2011
Crimetown, Saskatchewan
Not sure how he came up with that system but Lauzon’s been with the team for some of their most effective hockey of the season, particularly on the back end.
Thats true I guess. I am a big fan of Lauzons game but he has had some bad giveaways and some boneheaded penalties like pretty much all rookie defenseman have so I would expect his magic effectiveness number to be lower if there was actually something to it.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Wood's 10g/10a/-17 and no points in 12 playoff games (2 AHL )makes Vesey and Foligno look like superstars. Wood would almost have to be a throw in at this point.

Wood has played in 5 playoff games and the Devils wouldn't trade him straight up for Heinen...the Bruins on the other hand would carry Heinen on their backs taking turns from Calgary to New Jersey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad