Proposal: All Bruins Rumours/Proposals 2020 IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
They would probably want Carlo (unrealistic) or Grzelcyk back. Could be decent value for both sides, but I wouldn't trade Grizz at all unless it's a no brainer. It seems like we are in an enviable position with our logjam on defense, but this could chance when/if Krug leaves and Moore is traded for cap relief.

Sweeney should absolutely have an idea on Krug right now

Reactions: TCB

TSBruins13

Mar 24, 2011
Boston, MA
If we are resigning Krug I would 100% back a trade of Gryz for Trocheck. Trocheck would be perfect in our team - and has the versatility to play wing or center which will help with injuries that inevitable occur during a cup run, and next season when building to roster.

He is a gritty player who would be a great asset in the playoffs and he can score.

Reactions: Bodit9 and TCB

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
If Krejci were to sign an extension this offseason (contract expires at the end of next season but he can talk extension this offseason), what's a reasonable outlook for term and cap hit?

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
You keep Krug. Should not even be a question. Krug brings leadership, does not cower away in fear in scrums, and drives the PP. I like Gryz but in no way does he come close to a guy like Krug
Surprising coming from a guy with a username of KingKrug47 ;), but beyond this season do you think its possible?

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
You keep Krug. Should not even be a question. Krug brings leadership, does not cower away in fear in scrums, and drives the PP. I like Gryz but in no way does he come close to a guy like Krug
"But Gryz is smoll and good as Krug"
:sarcasm:

Krug isn't going anywhere.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
No thanks to Trocheck, we have no need for another centre, especially a smallish one with a $4.75 mil cap hit who is producing nowhere that.
He can also play wing. (Bruins have a thing for versatility?)

Cap hit is ~Palmieri's.

If the Bruins/Rangers can't strike a deal for Kreider, I think Trocheck would be a good add to this current team. If anything he's an upgrade to Heinen, which is the biggest need in our top 9 as he probably slots in to the RW next to Debrusk and Krejci.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
"But Gryz is smoll and good as Krug"
:sarcasm:

Krug isn't going anywhere.
I don't think Krug or Gryz are going anywhere this season.

I do think (if the cap works), the Bruins will be keeping both right up until the time the Seattle draft happens; and the Bruins will part with a defenseman. Between McAvoy, Carlo, Krug, Gryz, Lauzon are likely going to lose a good defenseman, so it might be better to keep both until that happens, as long as Sweeney can manage that cap.

Reactions: DKH and JCRO

ylekot

Still evaluating..
Feb 2, 2010
Paxton Massachusetts

I agree. Krug. That said Gryzelcyk is a talented player. I think his value is high and he can be a key piece to bring back a high end forward for 2nd line. I understand and get why no one to see him traded but you have to give up quality to get quality.

patty59

Apr 6, 2008
Lethbridge, Alberta
They can’t keep everyone.

It’s pretty much Krug or Grzelcyk longterm.

Would likely need an add.

They're not even close to the same player. It really bugs me when they are in the same conversation. Krug is a +50pts d-man, Grzelyck is basically Andrew Ference and that's not a slight on him, he's a good player but they're not the same.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
cant read through 17 pages of chat since I logged in yesterday... so not sure what the topic is now

but I found it curious Vincent trochek is being shopped/discussed. see he has 2 years after this at 4.75... he will be turning 27 in july… so no concern he will decline much

he had a horrible ankle injury last year that has effected last season and this season it seems... but im wondering if hes unhappy playing on a non-contender? he no longer gets the prime icetime

he is a former 30 goal-70 point guy. he is fine on right wing. but obviously can play center

hes small... and not physical... thats a downside

if he is in play I think we should be interested

my opening offer
--------------------
danton heinen
first round pick
for
Vincent trochek

I wouldnt go much higher with the injury risk... but I can easily see him sliding in with krejci/debrusk and I think his style could work well with debrusk. once studnicka comes along I see that as a fit too

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
All true.

But why do they need to make that move now? The draft isn't for months. I thought the idea was to take another run at a cup with this group. I'm old enough to remember when Tommy Cross had to make appearances in the Stanley Cup playoffs for the Bruins because the D-corps was destroyed.

Because they're probably going to have to use AT LEAST our first round pick to get anyone that they want. If the B's use their own 1st or 2nd or both, Sweeney is not going to want to sit there at the draft with no top 2 picks. Very simple picks are currency for teams that are in a rebuild. Either way top 2-3 picks are valuable NOW and at the draft. Would you rather be offered a guy who can't get out of the AHL or a 2nd round pick in a deep draft?

Last edited:
Reactions: maxl7

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
If Krejci were to sign an extension this offseason (contract expires at the end of next season but he can talk extension this offseason), what's a reasonable outlook for term and cap hit?

He's going to be 35 when his deal expires, so that means the 35+ rules will apply. I'd guess he gets a 2 year deal, no raise, maybe a slight paycut.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
cant read through 17 pages of chat since I logged in yesterday... so not sure what the topic is now

but I found it curious Vincent trochek is being shopped/discussed. see he has 2 years after this at 4.75... he will be turning 27 in july… so no concern he will decline much

he had a horrible ankle injury last year that has effected last season and this season it seems... but im wondering if hes unhappy playing on a non-contender? he no longer gets the prime icetime

he is a former 30 goal-70 point guy. he is fine on right wing. but obviously can play center

hes small... and not physical... thats a downside

if he is in play I think we should be interested

my opening offer
--------------------
danton heinen
first round pick
for
Vincent trochek

I wouldnt go much higher with the injury risk... but I can easily see him sliding in with krejci/debrusk and I think his style could work well with debrusk. once studnicka comes along I see that as a fit too

The Panthers are looking for a top 4 defenseman and that's where Trochek name first surfaced. As of today their a playoff team, so I don't think they'll be dealing for futures.

Reactions: lopey
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad