Proposal: All Bruins Rumours/Proposals 2020 II

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
First of all wild aren't trading kunin! Eric Staal has no trade clause. Foligno could bring back wild 1sy round pick. So can Dumba who can also bring back young top 6 prospects. This trash offers for wild players is laughable
I would hardly call McAvoy Trash, he did not say it was an injured Miller in the deal.

Mr Cartmenez

May 15, 2009
Mannheim
As usual, the NHL is so competitive that only like a handful teams are truly out of it at this point. Last year the Blues won the Cup despite being last place like in January? Most teams have no incentive to trade their best players. I can almost guarantee you that even Devils will hang onto Palmieri due to his contract situation.

Don shouldn't be panicking, prices will obviously get lower the closer we get to the deadline. He is probably looking for another MoJo-trade.

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
I'm starting to think that besides a second line winger, the Bruins are sorely in need of a second or third pairing shut down, penalty killing D'man.
Besides Chara and Carlo, who else would be considered that on the roster?
The last few weeks have clearly shown that our Smurf Brigade on D have a tendency to get turnstiled during a heavy forecheck.
I'd be ok with trying Lauzon for an extended run of games before making a trade because I think Gryzlic, Krug or Moore should be part of a package that can get us a winger.
I'd still be leery of having to depend upon a rookie during what may be another long playoff run though.
Either way, one of the aforementioned players should be traded, too much of the same type of player on the current roster.

I so agree if you want to win playoff hockey you can not have Krug,Gryzlic and Moore all in you line up. It is time to move Moore and either Krug or Griz, bring up Lauzon. The LD as it is structured at present is full of players that all have strong areas but unfortunately all have glaring weakness in there game. Lauzon is not experienced but is physical and can skate so he is able to play in more situations not going to say he is as good in some areas as the other three. If he does not work out the D still has other options.
Trading Moore and either Griz or Krug could go a long way towards fixing RW position for a strong playoff run

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Like Kreider...but our issue has always been getting a 2nd RW....we neee to address that
I subscribe to this school of thought as well. But I do recall hearing Sweeney the past few years mentioning “pairs” when discussing the forward group. Interchangeable RW’s maybe can work?

Marchand Bergeron (——)
Kreider Krejci (——)
DeBrusk Coyle (——)
* Pastrnak
*Bjork
*Heinen

Shoebottom88

Feb 4, 2019
I so agree if you want to win playoff hockey you can not have Krug,Gryzlic and Moore all in you line up. It is time to move Moore and either Krug or Griz, bring up Lauzon. The LD as it is structured at present is full of players that all have strong areas but unfortunately all have glaring weakness in there game. Lauzon is not experienced but is physical and can skate so he is able to play in more situations not going to say he is as good in some areas as the other three. If he does not work out the D still has other options.
Trading Moore and either Griz or Krug could go a long way towards fixing RW position for a strong playoff run
But that’s exactly what they did last year, they made it to the final with that set of Dmen. So yeah, you can win playoff hockey with those Dmen. I think it’s way more valuable to have a Gryz who can skate the puck out & better transition it, than an Edmundson type stay at home lumbering dman. The latest string of 3rd period collapses is a team problem, not just on the D.

Reactions: Lo97 and Dr Hook

Shoebottom88

Feb 4, 2019
I subscribe to this school of thought as well. But I do recall hearing Sweeney the past few years mentioning “pairs” when discussing the forward group. Interchangeable RW’s maybe can work?

Marchand Bergeron (——)
Kreider Krejci (——)
DeBrusk Coyle (——)
* Pastrnak
*Bjork
*Heinen
Exactly. Kreider makes the top 6 bigger & tougher. Debrusk is too inconsistent & soft. Until his recent streak, Debrusk has been invisible. Including the playoffs, where aside of getting Kadri booted, he didn’t contribute like a 2nd line wing. Needs to be more consistent

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
If they move McAvoy it's to San Jose for Meier and LeBlanc. I doubt very much San Jose does that.

Reactions: TCB

kdog82

Oct 6, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Mcavoy is Boston's best defenseman. This talk is just dumb, really dumb. Haggerty doesn't really have a clue. Mcavoy is having a horrific year offensively, yes. That being said, next year he could score 10-15 goals while playing 25+ minutes a night as a top pairing guy.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
This trade McAvoy trade talk reminds of last year when everyone wanted to trade Carlo because they thought he was the 2nd coming of Hal Gill, only a defensive defensemen.

Not only is Carlo one of the best shutdown defensemen in the league, he's also on pace for 24ish points.

Carlo went through his rut offensively, it was only a matter of time McAvoy would go through his.

The defensemen aren't to blame for the lack of team scoring, the forwards are, you know, the guys whose job is to actually put the puck in the net.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
This trade McAvoy trade talk reminds of last year when everyone wanted to trade Carlo because they thought he was the 2nd coming of Hal Gill, only a defensive defensemen.

Not only is Carlo one of the best shutdown defensemen in the league, he's also on pace for 24ish points.

Carlo went through his rut offensively, it was only a matter of time McAvoy would go through his.

The defensemen aren't to blame for the lack of team scoring, the forwards are, you know, the guys whose job is to actually put the puck in the net.

Dead on!

McAvoy made a few metal blunders last game, but he means so much for the bruins success with his puck retrieval skills and his skating. His offense will come he's just to dam talented.

He deserved to be called out because he's not playing up to his potential, Cassidy wouldn't be doing his job if he didn't. All said though, McAvoy is the least of my worries for what concerns me about the bruins.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
If they move McAvoy it's to San Jose for Meier and LeBlanc. I doubt very much San Jose does that.
I would want Hertl + for Charlie even then I am not sure, only way I deal McAvoy is if some crazy deal came about like Sequin deal, where McAvoy is part of a deal for a McKinnon type, or I would consider Makar for him, otherwise I hang onto to our #1 young D.

Reactions: Strafer

The Laukomotive

Nov 26, 2017

Don't forget the trade Rask (Halak will do the job!) and trade Krug talks (too small, will not re-sign, sell high!).

All of them supported by the same journalist. As if by design.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
When talking about trading young players/prospect, who are the guys that are part of the future core in everyone opinion? Now by core I mean you're going to build around, not necessarily who you thinking is going to be good. For example, I think DeBrusk is going to be a good player, but I don't feel like he's a guy you need to build around.

If I'm looking at the 25yr and under guys, for me its Pastrnak, McAvoy and Carlo right now. Everyone else I'd trade in the right deal.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
When talking about trading young players/prospect, who are the guys that are part of the future core in everyone opinion? Now by core I mean you're going to build around, not necessarily who you thinking is going to be good. For example, I think DeBrusk is going to be a good player, but I don't feel like he's a guy you need to build around.

If I'm looking at the 25yr and under guys, for me its Pastrnak, McAvoy and Carlo right now. Everyone else I'd trade in the right deal.

Given our organizational depth, I would put Studnicka, Keyser, and Swayman on that list. No guarantees they pan out, but we don't need to be selling from a position we are thin on and will need in the coming years as core retire.

I still think we should have traded Vaak for Stone. But my crystal ball is still hazy on that one(Don't think Sweeney beats Vagas as Brannstrom looks to be a higher ceiling).
But even Vaak could go if we get a good winger like Rakell(not available, IMO)

The point here is that the untouchables on this team are a lot smaller of a list than we all think. The right offer can change in a second the landscape of what a GM would consider.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Given our organizational depth, I would put Studnicka, Keyser, and Swayman on that list. No guarantees they pan out, but we don't need to be selling from a position we are thin on and will need in the coming years as core retire.

I still think we should have traded Vaak for Stone. But my crystal ball is still hazy on that one(Don't think Sweeney beats Vagas as Brannstrom looks to be a higher ceiling).
But even Vaak could go if we get a good winger like Rakell(not available, IMO)

The point here is that the untouchables on this team are a lot smaller of a list than we all think. The right offer can change in a second the landscape of what a GM would consider.

But would you say that Studnicka, Keyser or Swayman are part of the future core? Now could they be once they put a few years of NHL service is? sure, it all depends on how development goes. But if we could land a young C/RW who could play RW now and slide to center when Bergy/Krejci retire would I trade Studnicka, hell yes I would. Now does that player exists? That's a different question, but falls into the trade for the right deal category.

I don't like to use the term untouchable, but core guys imo are players that you'd need an over-payment to trade.

Reactions: Lo97
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad