Proposal: All Bruins Rumours/Proposals 2020 II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
It was mentioned above, which is why I brought it up. I don't imagine they would, either, but you never know what can happen.

“My plan isn't to be passive,” Yzerman said. “I'm looking for ways to build for the future and trying to acquire draft picks or prospects or young players that can come into the organization sooner or later."

Completely contradicts his style in Tampa Bay and what he said last week. I don't see anyone pulling one over on Steve Yzerman

Shoebottom88

Feb 4, 2019
Interesting. There is a glaring need for secondary scoring, especially 2nd line right wing. But some are discussing 3rd pairing Dmen. Boston is super deep on D. No need for more right now. Gryz is a way better 3rd pairing dman then you’ll ever find out there. Bruins didn’t lose game 7 cause of D. If they had a legit finisher beyond the 1st line, the St. Louis goon squad would still be looking for its 1st cup.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
I don’t get what they’re doing with Lindholm. Seems like a good team guy but filler as a player in the NHL. Would rather see a rotation of kids from providence get a taste.

Reactions: Scruffy

Baddkarma

El Guapo to most...
Feb 27, 2002
Midland TX
Looking at the roster and cap space, does anyone else feel like we have very little latitude right now? Outside of Heinen and Grizz, where dose the cap space come from? Will some team at the floor take Backes and a pick/2nd tier prospect?

Reactions: sarge88

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Looking at the roster and cap space, does anyone else feel like we have very little latitude right now? Outside of Heinen and Grizz, where dose the cap space come from? Will some team at the floor take Backes and a pick/2nd tier prospect?

It was mentioned above by a poster and many times a plenty by others . Trade Moore for a middle rd pick to freè up another 2 plus million.To free up Backes Bruins will lose à good picķ at very least .Probably a pick plus prospect.

Reactions: bbfan419

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Interesting. There is a glaring need for secondary scoring, especially 2nd line right wing. But some are discussing 3rd pairing Dmen. Boston is super deep on D. No need for more right now. Gryz is a way better 3rd pairing dman then you’ll ever find out there. Bruins didn’t lose game 7 cause of D. If they had a legit finisher beyond the 1st line, the St. Louis goon squad would still be looking for its 1st cup.

Fair, but just because one need is bigger doesn’t mean other needs should be ignored.

This team is small and soft. While Moore, Clifton and Kampfer fill their roles well, they are certainly not irreplaceable.

Bringing in a tougher version of them isn’t a bad idea.

Reactions: bme44 and Strafer

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I don't know....he skated today and I met him Friday at pucks and Paddles. He's chomping at the bit to get back in the line up.....

He skated, that's it (on his own) Its a step, but a baby step, and I wouldn't want to rely on him as being the answer in adding a tough stay at home defender.

Im sure he's stomping at the bit, can't blame him, but I still think he's a long,long way,away unfortunately.

Positive news for Kevan Miller as he skates on his own for first time

Certainly, it's good news, but it's also the very beginning of a recovery process that Miller has already experienced setbacks to a couple of times.

Last edited:
Reactions: DFBRUINS

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
Here are two trades to think about:

1) Staal / Dumba and Foligno for McAvoy and Heinen, Wild retain 40% in salaries this year, OR

2) Borgstrom and Hoffman for Heinen, Kuraly and Zboril.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad