All Bruins rumors/proposals: The Long Off-Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

CJDolan

Sep 17, 2012
Not a huge fan of putting Loui and Hayes on the same line. Both players do a whole lot right out front of the net, seems a bit redundant to have two of those guys on the same line. I would have killed to have a player other than Loui willing to go to the net last season, so getting Hayes is definitely a plus.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
When are we going to get on with dumping all the dead weight and over priced contracts.

To me at the very least Kelly and Talbot got to go, free up some cap space, fix the D and we're good to go.

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
Couldn't think of a good thread to post this in, but found this interesting:

Like moving Hamilton for smaller pieces? Hey i thought chiarelli was a clown but starting to think neely and others were the ones forcing the seguin trade. And what moves did they want him to make? Stewart? This new management group does not strike me as having a solid eye for talent.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Like moving Hamilton for smaller pieces? Hey i thought chiarelli was a clown but starting to think neely and others were the ones forcing the seguin trade. And what moves did they want him to make? Stewart? This new management group does not strike me as having a solid eye for talent.

So we heard

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton

There has been one trade the "new" regime has made that I'm not a fan of, and that's Rinaldo for a 3rd. Hamilton forced their hand......he didn't want to sign with the Bruins. When are people going to understand that. There's a difference if he's under team control and we can shop him and get a great deal, but I'm sure Hamilton not wanting to be here leaked and the offers weren't great. Lucic was and still is my favorite player, but we got 2 1st's and a quality dman for a guy who could have been gone for nothing at season's end.

The Seguin trade, yeah it sucked, but the guy is a punk. He plays glorified pond hockey in Dallas. The return sucked, but that's on PC, not Neely. Neely stepped into this position and turned the whole organization around, I wouldn't be so quick to jump on him!

BruinsWinStCup*

Doubt it was stewart because they could of had him for free this offseason. The seguin trade makes senses tho.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
How many days until camp?

Ugh.

Little exercise.

What do you do if Koko kills it in camp?

How do you make room for him if he kills it, would be nice but the only place for him would be a #4C and how likely is that?
Koko-Rinaldo duo is not going to be that great defensively.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Couldn't think of a good thread to post this in, but found this interesting:

Could the prices were too high at the deadline been a reason, for 3years straight?

Failing to replace Seids in your all in cup year?
+ not being able to make any cap room, still after losing JB+Iginla for nothing we didn't have room that much.

Zac Rinaldo*

How do you make room for him if he kills it, would be nice but the only place for him would be a #4C and how likely is that?

trade krejci for D

Banded Peak

Apr 15, 2015
Trading an established top 6 center because some prospect who's nearing his mid 20s had a good camp is complete lunacy just saying.

Krejci and Bergy are our Zetterberg/Datsyuk one two punch going forward and a solid foundation to build around if you ask me. Couldn't be happier those are the forward vets, along with Marchand that have been kept.

I think if Koko kills it in camp you look at trading him to a team like New Jersey that needs forward prospects and has excess on defense.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston

They had very little control over the Hamilton situation... They had 0% say in him signing, as he and his agent never counter offered to any of our three offers. Unless they were given 7m, it was clear they did not want to stay in Boston. Also, it's clear he wanted to go to Canada from what he's said in his interviews. Knowing that an offer sheet from Calgary/Edmonton was coming, even if other teams didn't know he was available, it wouldn't matter, as he wouldn't sign with them, either.

Besides that trade and the Rinaldo trade (which, let's be real, a 3rd round pick isn't a huge sacrifice especially when he got a potential lottery pick in the SJS pick), I love the moves he's done. Our prospect pool has actual talent again, and while we're not going to be as competitive for a year or two, this team will actually have an identity. No more laziness, back to what we were in 2011/2013, tough to play against. You can't turn a team around like that in one month... Sweeney will do it. He just gets a bad rep around these boards right now because the Hamilton trade was his first move. Ignore that one (which, again, he had very little control over) and he's off to a hell of a start.

If the worst thing he's done is trade a 3rd for Rinaldo, think about how Sabres fans feel about trading some terrific prospects for an overrated guy who signed a monster contract and got a DUI a week later, or how Canucks fans feel about adding a pick and prospect to get someone worse than Bonino.

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
Trading an established top 6 center because some prospect who's nearing his mid 20s had a good camp is complete lunacy just saying.

Krejci and Bergy are our Zetterberg/Datsyuk one two punch going forward and a solid foundation to build around if you ask me. Couldn't be happier those are the forward vets, along with Marchand that have been kept.

I think if Koko kills it in camp you look at trading him to a team like New Jersey that needs forward prospects and has excess on defense.

"Going forward"... that's a weird way to put it considering the Wings didn't win anything with these guys in their 30's. The vets need to be moved if we want to go forward. The contending days are done, it's time to move on.

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
NHL TRADE RUMOR: PATRICK MARLEAU TO BOSTON BRUINS

http://thehockeypress.sportsblog.co...-rumor--patrick-marleau-to-boston-bruins.html

NHL TRADE NEWS:
Remember when Marleau was in trade talks, well we're hearing from multiple reports that the San Jose Sharks are "shopping" Patrick Marleau, and the Boston Bruins have shown interest in him. It also sound's like the Bruins are willing to offer Malcom Subban if the Sharks take Cap Dump (s).

PROPOSED TRADE (idea): The San Jose Shark trade Patrick Marleau and 1st round draft pick to the Boston Bruins in exchange for Malcom Subban, Dennis Seidenberg, Chris Kelly.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
NHL TRADE RUMOR: PATRICK MARLEAU TO BOSTON BRUINS

http://thehockeypress.sportsblog.co...-rumor--patrick-marleau-to-boston-bruins.html

NHL TRADE NEWS:
Remember when Marleau was in trade talks, well we're hearing from multiple reports that the San Jose Sharks are "shopping" Patrick Marleau, and the Boston Bruins have shown interest in him. It also sound's like the Bruins are willing to offer Malcom Subban if the Sharks take Cap Dump (s).

PROPOSED TRADE (idea): The San Jose Shark trade Patrick Marleau and 1st round draft pick to the Boston Bruins in exchange for Malcom Subban, Dennis Seidenberg, Chris Kelly.
That is such a lopsided trade in the Bruins favor, I can't see such a move happening at all.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA

I'm not going to argue that Koko playing well shouldn't mean you deal Krejci...but Koko is 21 years old turning 22 right before camp, lets not start referring to him as some post-prospect in his mid-20s.

Ryan Spooner is turning 24 next season for comparison.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA

Unlike Spooner who needs the open ice to fly and pass, Koko's shifty relentless super stickhandling game *could* translate to LW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad