All Bruins rumors/proposals: The Long Off-Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Krug played 80 games, 19:36 a game last season. 12 goals, 39 points, +12.

Can you name any 3rd pair players from last season that matches that?

Was this for me or Gordon?
I'm myself a Krug fan and hope that he earns a full time top4 spot and we trade Seidenberg next trade deadline/offseason, I like his fire/stand up for your teammates attitude. We need his puck moving, offensive skills+ skating badly.

I don't disagree with you. He will work for everything he gets, and he's not weak in mind or body. But, he is small. I think the punishment is too much to ask, at least at this point. As with the young D, why not bring in veteran D (again, usual FA suspects, or surprising trade guys) to stabilize the blue line in a transition year? Eminent sense to me.

He can be in the 3rd pairing next year but logging top4 minutes and showing that he has what it takes to be a honest full time top4 guy, and I'd also take Ehrhoff for a year easily and have Chara-Ehrhoff-Krug LD line and after that give Krug the 2nd pairing spot with a strong D-partner and this is again one reason why Seids need to go, we need to make room. I also would take Franson gladly for 2-3years to play in our top4 and give it more power, it's shaky right now. Same goes for Zid, I'd be fine with having him for a year and let the kids grow because I've realized that Sweeney wants to see playoff action and will not push too many rookies into the lineup next year without injuries.

I want to see in 2016- and hope to see bottom4 of
Krug-x (#2D)
rookie-McQuaid
gives us the cap space to spend on top talent and on players that can help us to become contenders.
Then possible have the Chara-Franson duo for 1more year, we need that #2D, I want us to be able to fight in 2016- and not waste anymore prime years from Krecji/Bergeron.

Last edited:

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Krug played 80 games, 19:36 a game last season. 12 goals, 39 points, +12.

Can you name any 3rd pair players from last season that matches that?

I can't. Just giving my opinion.

Again, I'm not putting Krug down. I like him a lot.

My hope is that top pairing help is on the way. Solid reinforcement is all I'm looking for.

"Bridge year!"

Last edited:

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Put him with Dennis, while pairing Z & ZT?

I would be OK with that if Trotman is up to the task and we use that pair as a pure shutdown pairing.

I've also liked the idea, possibly, of Miller (new Miller) with Z if he can survive in the NHL. If we are going to compete with the likes of the skill teams (TB, Pitt, Habs, etc) we need to match their firepower, while still overpowering them physically.

I think this new roster has the grinding part down, if we can just squeeze a little more offense from our D it would go a long way. If one of the remaining two spots can be filled with an offense-first player and the other with a Trotman/Miller I am fine with that.

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
I don't disagree with you. He will work for everything he gets, and he's not weak in mind or body. But, he is small. I think the punishment is too much to ask, at least at this point. As with the young D, why not bring in veteran D (again, usual FA suspects, or surprising trade guys) to stabilize the blue line in a transition year? Eminent sense to me.

One can argue that this year would be the best to actually insert Krug in the top 4 and see what we got. I really do think he can handle it.

Bi Coastal Bawse*

Saw some crap about a SJ and BOS trade. BOS trading Kelly, Subban and Seidenberg for Marleau and a 1st dont make sense we have their 1st.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Lmao
"they would solve their Goaltending issue by acquiring Malcom Subban"

Also..
"SJ also gets a useful cap dump in Chris Kelly"

Did I read it wrong or..

Last edited:

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Saw some crap about a SJ and BOS trade. BOS trading Kelly, Subban and Seidenberg for Marleau and a 1st dont make sense we have their 1st.

Like I mentioned a few pages ago ( post # 931 ) I think the rumour is total BS but they never did say that the 1st round pick that San Jose was sending Boston was a 2016 1st round pick. In case you are wondering - right now San Jose does not have another 2016 1st round pick besides the one they already traded to the B's for Martin Jones.

slim399

May 1, 2002
Boston
Visit site
I wish Kevin Shattenkirk really was available.

Koko, Subban, Krug & Trotman for Shattenkirk. Then dump Kelly for the cap space and sign Cody Franson

Chara-Shattenkirk
Morrow-Franson
Seidenberg- C. Miller
Mquaid subbing in and out for morrow and miller

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I wish Kevin Shattenkirk really was available.

Koko, Subban, Krug & Trotman for Shattenkirk. Then dump Kelly for the cap space and sign Cody Franson

Chara-Shattenkirk
Morrow-Franson
Seidenberg- C. Miller
Mquaid subbing in and out for morrow and miller

Don't see any reason why STL would be interested in any of those guys, with the exception of Krug, whom I would like to keep. They have Binnington in the pipeline and are very deep with F propsects as well (Fabbri, Rattie, Barbashev, etc).

Also, Morrow has done nothing to earn a spot in the Top 4.

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
Is Murph at it again??:laugh:

That being said, it wouldn't surprise me if the bulk of Subban's NHL career isn't with the Bruins. That's assuming he improves his glove hand and has an NHL career.

Sturm

Jun 25, 2015
Virginia

I think I saw during the summer before anyway went down with the trades. Think someone just reposted it without looking into facts.

tburns21

Jul 22, 2015

I saw that too on the hockeypress twitter account.... they have a lot of sepcualtion stuff to get people to read their blogs.... sort of like ecklund and hockey buzz.... a lot of "hey imagine this happened" kind of stuff with the word SOURCES attached to it... which doesn't really mean anything... I've seen a lot of ecklunds (e4) rumours pan out in nothing at all....

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I'll take a cheap, one year of Zidlicky over 4 overpaid years of Franson.

Zidlicky is not a legit top 4 guy though, even if he played those minutes in New Jersey. While he does have a different skillset, it's ultimately just more of the same in terms of how he slots into the line-up. The Bruins already have 3 RHD that are bottom-pairing guys.

zaYG

Nerevarine
Jun 29, 2012
Santa Cruz, CA
Zidlicky is not a legit top 4 guy though, even if he played those minutes in New Jersey. While he does have a different skillset, it's ultimately just more of the same in terms of how he slots into the line-up. The Bruins already have 3 RHD that are bottom-pairing guys.

Zid is a completely different style of player though. If he blows, make him the extra D man.

tburns21

Jul 22, 2015
Bruins trading partners and what we need

I think the Bruins should look at who they're willing to trade: for arguments sake here's a quick list. Seeing as how Sweeney's all about picks I doubt he's looking to move any 1st or 2nd rnd picks unless it's a blockbuster deal so I'll keep them off.

1. Seidenberg
2. kelly
3. KOKO(comes up alot)
4. Loui Ericsson
5. Malcom Subban
6. Max Talbot

I hope they keep KOKO but he'd be an interesting prospect to dangle to a team like TO packaged with Subban for JVR.

Kelly and seids could go to buffalo to help the younger core and in return BOS could get some 2nd/3rd rnd draft picks possibly to use later to sweeten up a trade.

Talbot is another guy who's good for the room and could help another younger team along with a good 4th line presence. return would be a later draft pick.

Loui... If he's an offseason move I hope it's too position ourselves for a #1/#2 Dman or if things go off the rails we can probably get a great return sending him to a contender at the deadline.

what/who do you think could be the possible trade partners and returns on these players?

Banded Peak

Apr 15, 2015
I'm not going to argue that Koko playing well shouldn't mean you deal Krejci...but Koko is 21 years old turning 22 right before camp, lets not start referring to him as some post-prospect in his mid-20s.

Ryan Spooner is turning 24 next season for comparison.

For some reason in my head as I typed that Koko was already 22 turning 23.

If a one year stopgap is what we're really after Zid should be our guy. Not crazy about the Franson idea to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad