Last Laf

Who's Laffing Now
Mar 22, 2002
Im the guy next door
“ First 3 seasons.

Lafreniere: 216 GP, 91p, 0.421p/g
D. Sedin : 233 GP, 97p, 0.416p/g
H. Sedin: 242 GP, 104p, 0.430p/g”

Someone brought this stat up in a different thread and while I very clearly don’t believe in Laf or think there’s any breakout coming, it amused me because…

View attachment 755795
View attachment 755796

There must be something about shitty red goatees when you should just grow a damn beard like a real person. Goddam soulless gingers and their made up facial hair trends. Without the Swedish blood to fall back on, Laf is just an evil leprechaun with that abomination.

Just have to wait for the Rangers top 3 forwards in Ziba, Kreider and Panarin to be gone like the Canucks WCE of Morrison, Naslund and Bertuzzi and the Laffy-Kappo twins can start to dominate.

Last Laf

Who's Laffing Now
Mar 22, 2002
Im the guy next door
I could buy Kakko as a player who's afraid to make mistakes.

Lafreniere makes a mistake almost every time he looks at the puck and we keep sending him out there for the most part so I don't know where that comes from.
Laffy make sweet passes thats why, its his unwillingness to stickhandling and create play thats bother me. And he should be allowed to make misstakes to hopefully grow from it.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
But a big glorious red beard could be great. Why the clean cheeks? What trend is this? I dislike it.
My cheeks aren't as clean but I do what the wife says.

She doesn't like the jaw line, Backstreet boys / Color Me Bad crap but also doesn't want the cheek hair climbing up to the eyes.

I won't ever do a big glorious beard because that shit is a pain in the ass, annoying as hell & make me look like I'm trying for something I can't pull off lol

Oh... & I live in FL so...

NO

f***ING

WAY!!!

It's too f***ING HOT

I love when people (not you) find that one comp to justify their disillusion. “Ignore the hundreds of examples of what this almost certainly means, look at this one rare example of it going the other way.”
We need to clone Laf & have that clone play center on his line maybe?

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
Is there a world that moving laffy off the boards and forcing him to play the middle would be a disaster at times but could emphasize to him to continue to move his feet? a player can hide on the walls and not really move much (wheeler) but rarely can a center be stagnant. It almost certainly would not work but at this point it could be worth a try with laffy to try to keep his feet engaged

2014nyr

Jun 14, 2014
why would we be furious?

newsflash: we - the losers and haters that you refer to us as - most of us, whether you choose to believe it or not, are actually in wanting to be wrong rather than being interested in being right about 13.

you missed the joke

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Why can't he look "interested" like this more?

Yes, please. At the very least, he had the jump and engaged-ness to play a nice compliment to two guys having themselves a great game tonight. If he can at least figure out how to be this guy every night, he can be a nice third wheel who spends a lot of time around the net.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
Yes, please. At the very least, he had the jump and engaged-ness to play a nice compliment to two guys having themselves a great game tonight. If he can at least figure out how to be this guy every night, he can be a nice third wheel who spends a lot of time around the net.
Lafreniere had a great game tonight. He wasn’t just complimentary. Caused the turnover on Panarin’s first goal though didn’t get an assist. On his goal he also is the one that stole the puck. The entire line played great, was the best line tonight, and Lafreniere’s forecheck game created chances. Sent Fil in for a great opportunity as well. Tried to set him up again late in the game when he should have shot, but all in all a great game. That line played very well on both sides of the puck. Nice to see. Starting to gel nicely as a unit. All three could have terrific years.

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
I love when people (not you) find that one comp to justify their disillusion. “Ignore the hundreds of examples of what this almost certainly means, look at this one rare example of it going the other way.”
I wouldn’t say there are “hundreds” of examples the other way because we are specifically talking about like, top 3 picks who took a long time to develop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad