Tribute Alexander Romanov: Good luck in NYI

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
I loved Romanov and good luck with your new team Romy, but I really like what Hughes do with Habs team.

But it's a no-brainer to trade him for a potential solid top 6 C.

Dach is more younger than Romy, tools are there. Can't wait to see him under MSL!

Reactions: Deebs

Non Player Canadiens

Jan 25, 2012
Maplewood, NJ
that would be WILD if we traded him for assets knowing full well he wasn't planning on playing in NA anymore. evil genius level.

looks like it's probably not the case though. i hope Romy does well in NYI

Brownies

I’m happy to have a nice project in Dach that could fill a much needed hole, but man one of the thing I don’t like in nowadays NHL is that so few players stick on a team for more than 3 years. We all were suprised when the habs drafted the guy, were reassured after seeing his highlights, even more after his great WJCs performances etc and now the guy is off the team overnight.

I hope he has a good career in the NHL.

Reactions: cphabs

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I’m happy to have a nice project in Dach that could fill a much needed hole, but man one of the thing I don’t like in nowadays NHL is that so few players stick on a team for more than 3 years. We all were suprised when the habs drafted the guy, were reassured after seeing his highlights, even more after his great WJCs performances etc and now the guy is off the team overnight.

I hope he has a good career in the NHL.

Yeah rosters change over quickly. Usually because of the cap.

In this case, we have an abundance of young potential top 4 D, we have a dearth of young potential top 6 forwards, and C's in particular.

And, you have to give to get. The Islanders wanted Romanov and not Josh Anderson.

Reactions: cphabs

Doc5

Aug 8, 2012
that would be WILD if we traded him for assets knowing full well he wasn't planning on playing in NA anymore. evil genius level.

looks like it's probably not the case though. i hope Romy does well in NYI
I doubt Hughes would knowingly operate in bad faith like that. Especially as a new GM, he’s probably also trying to build his reputation within the GM circles. Dorion’s comments about Hughes the day before the draft about him having lots of respect for HuGo also points towards that.

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
I doubt Hughes would knowingly operate in bad faith like that. Especially as a new GM, he’s probably also trying to build his reputation within the GM circles. Dorion’s comments about Hughes the day before the draft about him having lots of respect for HuGo also points towards that.
That, and also, any GM would have had these same doubts too and certainly would have made inquiries with the agent before the trade.

Reactions: cphabs and Doc5

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2