Line Combos: Alex Texier will not play for CBJ in 2022/23 Season

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
I know the situations are very different and I am not judging Tex and his decisions in any way. Did anyone read the Brock Boesser article on The Athletic this past week? Reading about Brock managing his hockey career this past season while also trying to be there for his dying father was heart wrenching. For me, it served as a reminder that these players (sometimes kids) are not machines.

It not only made me think of Tex's struggles to play NHL hockey this past season...and this season, but also about Elvis' personal struggles since Matiss Kivleniks passing.

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
Such a shame. Was my kids favourite player because of his fascination with the letter ”X”

Has your kid heard of this guy?

People are following him because there has never been an NHL player whose last name started with X.

Reactions: CorporateVrabs

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Has your kid heard of this guy?

People are following him because there has never been an NHL player whose last name started with X.
Hmm. Montreal already has that guy, but he's got an 18-year-old brother who's still a free agent...

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Foote, Nash, Bobrovsky, Panarin, Jones, and yes, Jeff Carter, should not be looked at any different.

Imo

• Haha
Reactions: GoJackets1

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Excited that at least one poster still wants to talk about whether mental health is a real thing or not.

Ok, my point is why are those other guys not given the same “allowances” on why they chose to leave the CBJ??

We do not know the “true” or “full” story regarding ALL of those guys’ decisions, in the same way it is with Texier, yet, those guys have all been “trashed” in varying degrees by many fans. It’s safe to say their “mental health” had a big part in everything, even if we didn’t get a press release about it, no??

Also, I think a VERY IMPORTANT ASPECT, to all of this is what Jarmo actually said about the situation. Even though they accepted the final decision, did Jarmo not express disappointment that he wasn’t coming back and share the opinion that he (and subsequently the organization) felt that he was “capable” of being able to come back over and continue his career with the CBJ?? Are Jarmo and JD terrible people??

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Ok, my point is why are those other guys not given the same “allowances” on why they chose to leave the CBJ??

We do not know the “true” or “full” story regarding ALL of those guys’ decisions, in the same way it is with Texier, yet, those guys have all been “trashed” in varying degrees by many fans. It’s safe to say their “mental health” had a big part in everything, even if we didn’t get a press release about it, no??

Also, I think a VERY IMPORTANT ASPECT, to all of this is what Jarmo actually said about the situation. Even though they accepted the final decision, did Jarmo not express disappointment that he wasn’t coming back and share the opinion that he (and subsequently the organization) felt that he was “capable” of being able to come back over and continue his career with the CBJ?? Are Jarmo and JD terrible people??
So you’ve done around that the issue of mental health is a real thing and now you’re campaigning for the same treatment and respect for these other individuals? Because that’s a change in your stance on this issue from prior posting.

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
So you’ve done around that the issue of mental health is a real thing and now you’re campaigning for the same treatment and respect for these other individuals? Because that’s a change in your stance on this issue from prior posting.
I didn’t add the “last” thing…

Texier’s reason(s) could be “justified”. They also could NOT be. Comments from the organization make it seem like they ARE NOT “justified”, but they are essentially forced to go along with or accept the decision, for who knows what variety of reasons.

Sure, there’s a level of sarcasm to what I’m saying, when comparing Texier to the long list of others, however, I do find it interesting and genuinely don’t understand how most of those guys are looked at completely different from Texier, when people have no idea what all went into all the other guys making whatever decisions were made, and admit they have no idea why Texier isn’t actually with the club right now, when the GM has publicly stated that he wishes he was.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
:eek:

Making jokes about mental health??

:thumbd:
I didn’t add the “last” thing…

Texier’s reason(s) could be “justified”. They also could NOT be. Comments from the organization make it seem like they ARE NOT “justified”, but they are essentially forced to go along with or accept the decision, for who knows what variety of reasons.

Sure, there’s a level of sarcasm to what I’m saying, when comparing Texier to the long list of others, however, I do find it interesting and genuinely don’t understand how most of those guys are looked at completely different from Texier, when people have no idea what all went into all the other guys making whatever decisions were made, and admit they have no idea why Texier isn’t actually with the club right now, when the GM has publicly stated that he wishes he was.
The compassion with which you are approaching the unknown circumstances regarding each of those players’ individuals and unique circumstances is encouraging and your change in stance on this issue has genuinely made my day. Thank you.

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio

Jeff Carter is an interesting case. Philadelphia absolutely screwed him over. I can understand why he wouldn’t want to be here. But I have also heard some stories about his time in Columbus, and he supposedly did things that I think are unacceptable. So I have a certain animosity to him that I dont for other guys.

Reactions: thebus88 and Monk

LoneFunyan

Proud of all the points
Nov 11, 2015
Jeff Carter is an interesting case. Philadelphia absolutely screwed him over. I can understand why he wouldn’t want to be here. But I have also heard some stories about his time in Columbus, and he supposedly did things that I think are unacceptable. So I have a certain animosity to him that I dont for other guys.
I never thought it could happen, but Carter has hit #2 on my list. Welcome to the top, PLD.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
We certainly would have had compassion for Jeff Carter if he was a model citizen and teammate.

However he chose to be an a**hole. Maybe he was an a**hole because Philly screwed him over. Maybe Philly screwed him over because he was an a**hole. In any case, he was an a**hole.

Same could be said for Adam Foote. Maybe the CBJ screwed him. Dougie Mac was involved after all. Maybe he chose to screw the CBJ. In any event, Adam Foote chose to be an a**hole.

Texier may not really want to play for this team or play in the NHL but so far he hasn't chosen to be an a**hole about it.

I have more sympathy for people who aren't a**holes.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Different players want to leave for different reasons. Some are more valid / understandable than others.

Reactions: thebus88

Halberdier

May 14, 2016

Texier did not leave CBJ or have I missed something in past ~3 days? He has a contract and likely will be back when the situation gets better.

The situation is completely different for other guys you listed.

Jarmo said in recent Finnish podcast that they are expecting him back next season.

Reactions: Fro

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Texier did not leave CBJ or have I missed something in past ~3 days? He has a contract and likely will be back when the situation gets better.

The situation is completely different for other guys you listed.

Jarmo said in recent Finnish podcast that they are expecting him back next season.
That’s essentially the “crossroads” (and/or simplistic debate/discussion) we are now at, and why I am so vocally “against” Texier at this point. Is he coming back or not?? The group seems to be pretty split, where some seemingly think he will eventually just come back, whereas the other group thinks this decision is a “long term” thing. The secrecy and overall oddness of the situation, mainly the length of time he has already been gone, has me joining the group that believes he very well not be planning on coming back without A LOT of pressure from the organization. To note, I don’t believe Texier has ever actually made a comment on if he’s planning on or coming back??

The individual situations, players and teams are obviously different, but, they also obviously have many similarities, like what I focused on, which was the fan reactions and/or personal opinions on said players after the decisions.

Again, I don’t know the context or tone (or what he actually said) that Jarmo used in the interview, but, like preseason games, you can only take away so much from these interviews from players or management.

Again, my added point is what Jarmo has expressed in regards to the situation and Texier. He has been very careful with his words, accepting of Texier’s wishes, but, he has expressed disappointment and that he believes Texier “should” (or “could” or whatever) be with the team.

If he can just come back next year, is it really that terrible of a thing to believe he should be with the team now??

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
That’s essentially the “crossroads” (and/or simplistic debate/discussion) we are now at, and why I am so vocally “against” Texier at this point. Is he coming back or not?? The group seems to be pretty split, where some seemingly think he will eventually just come back, whereas the other group thinks this decision is a “long term” thing. The secrecy and overall oddness of the situation, mainly the length of time he has already been gone, has me joining the group that believes he very well not be planning on coming back without A LOT of pressure from the organization. To note, I don’t believe Texier has ever actually made a comment on if he’s planning on or coming back??

The individual situations, players and teams are obviously different, but, they also obviously have many similarities, like what I focused on, which was the fan reactions and/or personal opinions on said players after the decisions.

Again, I don’t know the context or tone (or what he actually said) that Jarmo used in the interview, but, like preseason games, you can only take away so much from these interviews from players or management.

Again, my added point is what Jarmo has expressed in regards to the situation and Texier. He has been very careful with his words, accepting of Texier’s wishes, but, he has expressed disappointment and that he believes Texier “should” (or “could” or whatever) be with the team.

If he can just come back next year, is it really that terrible of a thing to believe he should be with the team now??
I could be way off but I think he's just done in the NHL and his contract is the albatross because he is RFA. If the contract gets mutually terminated, he'll be come a free agent and if he decides he wants to play in the NHL he could go elsewhere.

I feel like this is a stopgap to pass the buck to next year in order for the CBJ to retain his rights. Next year he'll either have to fish or cut bait. I feel like if he decides to return, he'll be traded for something in return as minimal as it may be. If he doesn't return, he'll get his contract terminated and he can ride off into the european sunset.

In any event, I still feel like he's done in the NHL and if he does come back to the NHL it won't be in a CBJ uniform. This team isn't at a shortage of forwards and we just need to move on without him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad