Line Combos: Alex Texier will not play for CBJ in 2022/23 Season

LJ7

Mar 19, 2021
Ohio

Wow was I wrong on this. I'm shocked. I just took his agent's and Jarmo's word and expected that he'd be back and ready for camp this season since they both seemed to.

I just hope the guy and his family are alright. Really feel for them. Things must be quite serious if it leads to this big of a career decision.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
many of us called this months ago but were dismissed. Regardless, we have plenty of forwards to go around.

Don’t expect to see Texier in a CBJ uniform again
And yet many of you called it so I’d hardly say that’s a ‘woe is me’ scenario.

Chances are he intended to return and he’s just not feeling it. I wish him well. Bummed for him and the team. I have an irrational fanboy love for Tex.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
I understand he’s taking the year off, but why do some of you think he won’t play for CBJ again? Why would he not return after the season?

Reactions: majormajor

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite

Chances are he intended to return and he’s just not feeling it. I wish him well. Bummed for him and the team. I have an irrational fanboy love for Tex.
My post literally says “many of us called this”

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
Sigh. I hope Tex gets himself and his family what they need. Feel bad for the kid. Still feel he could be a great player here if he wants to be and is in the right headspace, which at the moment he just isn’t, unfortunately.

Reactions: LJ7 and Viqsi

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Bummer, obviously, hope the (more) time away helps him figure out if he wants to be an NHLer or not
I assume his wanting to is a given; it's more a question of whether or not he's still up for it.

I'm thinking of this as the mental health equivalent of "season lost to injury", honestly.

Reactions: majormajor

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Without speculating too much it sounds like a Gaudreau situation (sounds worse with the family deaths) but being from France its not as simple as being able to move to a new team and be close to home

Reactions: majormajor and LJ7

LJ7

Mar 19, 2021
Ohio

I've made it clear before but the "debate" surrounding this situation on here has made me uncomfortable at times. Any speculation beyond precisely what we were told felt kinda intrusive and insensitive.

Long Live Lyle

Feb 10, 2019
Chicago, IL
many of us called this months ago but were dismissed. Regardless, we have plenty of forwards to go around.

Don’t expect to see Texier in a CBJ uniform again
Yeah, I had a bad gut feeling about it. Everything just didn’t quite feel right/add up.

Reactions: DJA

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Why can’t we have nice things ?

This sucks , wonder what’s really going on with him , if you remember he was rumored as trade deadline candidate last yr , makes you wonder if there is more to the story ?

One door closes , but this means opportunity for KJ and Chinakov , Foudy

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
In Slovakia they say "Everything bad is good for something". I hope his absence will help other players.
I wish Tex, his family and friends all the best for their problems to be resolved as soon as possible. 👍🏻 (I hope I wrote it right if not, please correct it).

Toe Pick

Jun 13, 2011
Columbus, OH
This whole situation has been strange from the get go. From the team announcing that it was a finger injury that kept him out for months last year. To leaks of his name being on the trade block. To the team then saying he wouldn't be returning for personal reasons. To him playing in the WC. Now to this.

The shifts in narrative leads me to believe there are a LOT more details behind the scenes we aren't privy to.

Regardless I also don't expect to see him in a CBJ uni again and hope whatever he's dealing with gets sorted out. It's a shame as there doesn't seem to be a more exciting time to be a Blue Jacket than right now and he could have been a big part of it.

On the bright side at least this was at a position of relative strength and there are a line of players ready to walk through that new door of opportunity.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad