Confirmed with Link: Alex Tanguay and Cory Sarich to COL for David Jones and Shane O'Brien

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Wasn't Sarich well liked in the locker room? Aren't we getting a player that was in the whole Vegas trip planning mess?

Either way, we got fleeced.

I was putting it the other way around. Tanguay was non-committed and wouldn't be good for the young guys in our room, and Sarich was/is useless.

"Either way, we got fleeced" doesn't seem to make sense in this scenario. It's not a lopsided trade by any means. Tanguay and Jones will likely be a wash, and O'Brien is an upgrade over Sarich. Neither team got fleeced, and neither really got that much better. Jones should be a better fit for us, though, given our logjam on the left side.

I Hate Blake Coleman

Bandwagon Burner
Jul 22, 2008
Saskatchewan
Saying Tangauy was "non-committed" isn't nearly the same as being called cancer.

Sarich was far from useless. He was a bottom pairing defenseman and he did his job to a tee.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Saying Tangauy was "non-committed" isn't nearly the same as being called cancer.

Sarich was far from useless. He was a bottom pairing defenseman and he did his job to a tee.

Well before the trade I would have called Sarich useless. He was terrible, he was slow, would hit at the wrong times causing odd man rushes, couldn't read the play, didn't have any offensive game. Simply put Sarich was very bad.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
When O'Brien was in Tampa, Feaster was the GM.
When O'Brien was in Nashville, Gelinas was Director of Player Development.

So you are telling me that SOB is a cancer and neither of these guys new this? I find that very unlikely.

Feaster already gave up a 1st for him once. Lets not pretend his judgement is secure on this one.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I posed this as a question on the trade forum for Avs fans but I will share here too.

I noticed that Jones missed time at the start of the season with a knee injury (2 games). He then missed more time with a knee injury (8 games), could have this been a lingering problem?

Also we hear alot about him being a healthy scratch, but those last 4 games also so the Avalanche in full tank mode, and statistically the 5 games prior to him being scratched appear to be 5 of his better games statistically speaking.

So I really have alot of questions. Hopefully someone will answer.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
I posed this as a question on the trade forum for Avs fans but I will share here too.

I noticed that Jones missed time at the start of the season with a knee injury (2 games). He then missed more time with a knee injury (8 games), could have this been a lingering problem?

Also we hear alot about him being a healthy scratch, but those last 4 games also so the Avalanche in full tank mode, and statistically the 5 games prior to him being scratched appear to be 5 of his better games statistically speaking.

So I really have alot of questions. Hopefully someone will answer.

It's possible but this could mean he is now injury prone.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
It's possible but this could mean he is now injury prone.
I'm not so sure it means that, if it is the case wouldn't it mean he was playing through the injury? And if it was the same injury all the way through wouldn't that technically make him less injury prone since it was 1 fewer injury?

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
I'm not so sure it means that, if it is the case wouldn't it mean he was playing through the injury? And if it was the same injury all the way through wouldn't that technically make him less injury prone since it was 1 fewer injury?

If you count Backlund as injury prone then Jones is injury prone either way.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
If you count Backlund as injury prone then Jones is injury prone either way.
Jones has missed 30 games in the last 3 years for various reasons. The largest stints missed were 8 games (twice, one groin, one knee)

Backlund has missed 54 games due to injury in the past 2 years.

I see just a slight difference, how about you?

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Jones has missed 30 games in the last 3 years for various reasons. The largest stints missed were 8 games (twice, one groin, one knee)

Backlund has missed 54 games due to injury in the past 2 years.

I see just a slight difference, how about you?

Since the 2010-2011 season Jones has 7 different injuries

Backlund has 3 see the difference?

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Since the 2010-2011 season Jones has 7 different injuries

Backlund has 3 see the difference?
Yeah I see the difference. Jones misses an average of 4 games per "injury". Backlund misses an average of 18 games per injury.

Backlund has been much more injury prone than Jones the past few years.

The fact you are even trying to dispute that is just a pathetic attempt for you to try and justify your severely out of whack opinions on the trade.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Yeah I see the difference. Jones misses an average of 4 games per "injury". Backlund misses an average of 18 games per injury.

Backlund has been much more injury prone than Jones the past few years.

The fact you are even trying to dispute that is just a pathetic attempt for you to try and justify your severely out of whack opinions on the trade.

So if I break a leg and miss a season I am more injury prone then a guy that gets hurt every month?

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
The definition of injury prone is

so yes 7 injuries in 3 years makes him injury prone if 3 in 3 years makes Backlund prone.
that is assuming you consider missing 1 or 2 games "injuries" I suppose. Personally I do not.

And Backlund is injury prone because he has missed nearly 50% of the games in the past 2 seasons. That is why I consider him injury prone.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
that is assuming you consider missing 1 or 2 games "injuries" I suppose. Personally I do not.

And Backlund is injury prone because he has missed nearly 50% of the games in the past 2 seasons. That is why I consider him injury prone.

Yes he was injured. Again if one is injury prone so is the other,

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Yes he was injured. Again if one is injury prone so is the other,
Agree to disagree. This is a stupid argument, especially since my original thought/questions had nothing to do with him being injury prone. I had a serious question and unfortunately I took your lead and let it go off the rails.

I usually really like you as a poster Hud, but on this particular topic it's like you are so blind with hate over it that you can't see that it's not that bad. I am not sure why either because it's not usually your M.O to get this upset about a transaction.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad