Value of: Alex Pietrangelo UFA

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Considering the cap the Blues cleared today trading a goalie, the Pietrangelo extension might be coming soon.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Considering the cap the Blues cleared today trading a goalie, the Pietrangelo extension might be coming soon.

you would think it would help for sure.
But blues reporter says they are still far apart.

Lebrun says it’s 50/50.

if they don’t offer 8 years, he has no reason not to wait to ufa.

i think they ultimately offer the 8 years

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
you would think it would help for sure.
But blues reporter says they are still far apart.

Lebrun says it’s 50/50.

if they don’t offer 8 years, he has no reason not to wait to ufa.

i think they ultimately offer the 8 years

I cannot imagine the 8th year even being a sticking point for the Blues... it will help keep the cap hit down.

The real challenge (assuming Pietrangelo wants to be in St. Louis) will not be the cap hit or years, but the structure of the deal, and whether the blues trading Allen is a sign of them getting closer to signing Pietrangelo, or simply shedding a $4m backup goalie for some cost savings.

- Do you backload it because escrow is really high this year?

- DA has not signed a single contract with material signing bonuses pre-COVID. Are the Blues prepared to fork out a bonus this year even if a fraction of the games are played? and with potentially no fans in the stands?

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
I cannot imagine the 8th year even being a sticking point for the Blues... it will help keep the cap hit down.

The real challenge (assuming Pietrangelo wants to be in St. Louis) will not be the cap hit or years, but the structure of the deal, and whether the blues trading Allen is a sign of them getting closer to signing Pietrangelo, or simply shedding a $4m backup goalie for some cost savings.

- Do you backload it because escrow is really high this year?

- DA has not signed a single contract with material signing bonuses pre-COVID. Are the Blues prepared to fork out a bonus this year even if a fraction of the games are played? and with potentially no fans in the stands?

i am only off the Athletic reports where Petro was pissed because they wouldn’t offer him

1.) 8 years
2.) bonuses.

If they have offered that then what’s the hold up?

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
i am only off the Athletic reports where Petro was pissed because they wouldn’t offer him

1.) 8 years
2.) bonuses.

He's just waiting to see if Dubas can get enough Maple Leaf kid's sized bed sheets to outfit his triplets plus the one on the way. Then he'll announce he's signing with the Leafs.:sarcasm:

Reactions: Colt55 and TK 421

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007

1.) 8 years
2.) bonuses.

Dubas can take Doug Armstrong's seminar 'How to be an NHL GM" to find out the answer to that question.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
He's just waiting to see if Dubas can get enough Maple Leaf kid's sized bed sheets to outfit his triplets plus the one on the way. Then he'll announce he's signing with the Leafs.:sarcasm:

I Guess that’s the hold up. I mean going into the bubble....... Petro was on toronto radio talking about how it was his dream to play here..... he didn’t mention the sheets.

heygarebear

Blues
Feb 28, 2002
STL - Nashville
I Guess that’s the hold up. I mean going into the bubble....... Petro was on toronto radio talking about how it was his dream to play here..... he didn’t mention the sheets.
I listened to the carlo c interview. He basically said nothing of interest in the interview. Sounded more like his friend was begging him to play for Toronto.

Reactions: Colt55

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
My prediction: He goes to Detroit for 11.5M x 7 years
Yeah I can picture all these good teams telling him that because of covid he's got to take less cash.

Eff that. Get paid. Someone has the cash. He already has a ring.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Well according to Mirtle. He has been talking to lots of teams about what the leafs will do. And in that he is getting info about other teams

Mirtle is reporting that the blues have offered 8.25 x 8.

Which I mean. How can any team realistically offer anything close to that?

that’s 9.4 x 7 for any other team. And you would have to think that tie would go to the blues. So you would have to offer a fair bit more.

If the blues are going to 8 then it has to be them I would say..... unless Petro really wants the full SB.
Or he is pissed.

If the offer is 8.25 x8. He has to be a blue IMO

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
It's not just about the total value. A $7.75 AAV with max frontloaded bonuses is more valuable than a $8.25 AAV with no bonuses. I'm guessing thats probably the biggest hurdle. The Blues don't seem like a team eager to structure deals that way, but I'm sure Pie feels hes earned the most beneficial structure and has seen other stars rewarded in that way.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Mirtle is just rehashing old information.

that’s the first I have ever heard the 8 years. Multiple reporters have said that’s a sticking point.

is there any link to anyone else saying it?

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
What is he worth? Upcoming RFA. He's young, a RHD and real good with the puck 5v5 and on the PP. Skates well too! He needs a defensively sound partner.

Rangers got Trouba and Fox. I don't see any of them moved due to contract reasons

DeAngelo's stats this season;
GP:68
P: 53 (15+38)

The Rangers need a top 6 C (under 30 years old) or a top 4 LHD (under 30 years old).

OT maybe. But would the Rangers trade DeAngelo for Hampus Lindholm?

Last edited:

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Well according to Mirtle. He has been talking to lots of teams about what the leafs will do. And in that he is getting info about other teams

Mirtle is reporting that the blues have offered 8.25 x 8.

Which I mean. How can any team realistically offer anything close to that?

that’s 9.4 x 7 for any other team. And you would have to think that tie would go to the blues. So you would have to offer a fair bit more.

If the blues are going to 8 then it has to be them I would say..... unless Petro really wants the full SB.
Or he is pissed.

If the offer is 8.25 x8. He has to be a blue IMO

66M... that’s 4 yr $12.5M a few teams have cap room for. He gets to be the highest paid.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad