Value of: Alex Pietrangelo UFA

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
how much do you guys think he will get? In my opinion he is a beast of a dman that can do literally everything. Right handed shot 6'3 he does it all. Who wants him and how much are you willing to pay or willing to see your GM is willing to pay him for?

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
10? 12? when's the last time a D of this caliber was in the open markwt

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
I'm very surprised he didn't work a deal out with St. Louis. But you could tell last night that he knew his time there was over. No idea where he is going but he'll get paid.

Reactions: Morrison

UK Canuck

Dec 27, 2018
I still think the Blues will clear enough room for them to re-sign him & he'll take a slight discount, probably get similar to what Roman Josi got

Reactions: exporta

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
It’s hard to think of where he goes. He has repeatedly mentioned. Family. Long term stability. So a short term deal seems unlikely. You have to look at

1.) competitive teams
2.) money...... who has money? Is it over all cap hit? Is it signing bonuses? If you are him do you take more total money... or signing bonuses. Who can Provide that money?
If you are him in October and there is no sure start to the season... Do you just take a SB.

if it is me, I’m prioritizing SB Over total amount. Get that money if the world shuts down.
3.) expansion draft. Will a team like colorado sign him and expose girard?
4.) where does he want to raise his kids.... will they view Canada as safer due to virus? Will he be worried about travel restrictions and want to stay in the us for his wife?

On June 22 he was on. TSN radio in Canada and talked openly to carlo colaiacovo.

he was talking about how all of his friends and family, parents and grandparents were bugging him to try to sign in TO. He was openly saying it was a childhood dream to be a leaf and Was going on about how His buddy JT was living that dream.

It was weird for him to go on the radio with his friend. He knew he would be asked about it...... but I don’t see how the captain of STL can really
Do that?

Toronto can’t afford 10’millon. Heck it would probably be like 8.5 max. To me it almost sounded like he was signalling to the blues to pay up.....

I wonder what happens. I personally think TO would Be better served to go after 2 lower priced defensive D. I don’t see the fit unless he wants to take low cap but gauranteed SB.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Colorado seems like a pretty good spot for him to end up. Cap space, young defense, and truly a contender.

We don't have the capspace in the longrun and Makar as our #1 RD..
Not going to happen...

Dubas will pull out all the stops to save his job and sign him I would guess...

Will take a lot of wheeling and dealing to free up the capspace but not impossible...

Reactions: Ignatius

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
The last one to truly hit the open market was probably Ryan Suter which feels like ages ago now.

yep, and he signed a 12 yr retirement contract which gave him 25mil in signing bonuses in the first 3 years and the last 3 years only brings in 3mil total

this'll be much higher

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Not going to happen...

Will take a lot of wheeling and dealing to free up the capspace but not impossible...

Flyers are in the same position. We're going to be struggling in the next 2-3 with couturier, sanheim, and Hart all needing raises. Pie would be ideal, but we'd have to sacrifice someone like Sanheim to make it happen(with the idea that Zamula or York step up and take his spot).

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Not going to happen...

Dubas would need to trade one of MM, AM, or WM and not take back much cap to make room for Pietrangelo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad