Player Discussion: Alex Iafallo

Gordon112358

Nov 1, 2022
A very good friend of mine just relocated from Winnipeg to Vancouver with his girlfriend and they are living their best lives now. They have a boat in Coal Harbour and they have a great house on the ocean just North of Van (easy drive) and they ocean swim off their dock daily. I love it and would have no problem doing that either. I would still spend much of Jan, Feb in Hawaii, Mexico, Arizona, or other and travel allot. The thing for me though is I would still have my top priority being home based around kids and grandkids if they were ok with that. If they were both living in Winnipeg still then this would be home base……fill in the blanks for if they both lived in any other major Canadian city. There are also some realities around my age. Fortunately, I have traveling enough of the world for two lifetimes so I have scratched allot of itches that way.

Home base still means months away in warm derisable locations though but I would invite the kids and grandkids.
What does any of the last dozen posts have to do with Iafallo? Wow some of these threads really go off topic !!! lol

Cypruss

Stand up for your beliefs.
Oct 18, 2018
LaSalle, Manitoba
What makes you think it was supposed to be negative?
Just the opposite.
That's how I took it! Gave it a quick like, have hiked the Mantario myself. Ill put the beauty of the Whiteshell / Nopiming areas right there with anywhere else in the world. Everyone has their own likes and tastes. This is mine.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
What does any of the last dozen posts have to do with Iafallo? Wow some of these threads really go off topic !!! lol

Sometimes the more off topic a thread goes the better it gets. Rather than discussing the same thing over and over and over and over about where a player will go in the lineup or how much do they like Winnipeg. There's only so many times you can beat a dead Moose before it gets boring.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
A very good friend of mine just relocated from Winnipeg to Vancouver with his girlfriend and they are living their best lives now. They have a boat in Coal Harbour and they have a great house on the ocean just North of Van (easy drive) and they ocean swim off their dock daily. I love it and would have no problem doing that either. I would still spend much of Jan, Feb in Hawaii, Mexico, Arizona, or other and travel allot. The thing for me though is I would still have my top priority being home based around kids and grandkids if they were ok with that. If they were both living in Winnipeg still then this would be home base……fill in the blanks for if they both lived in any other major Canadian city. There are also some realities around my age. Fortunately, I have traveling enough of the world for two lifetimes so I have scratched allot of itches that way.

Home base still means months away in warm derisable locations though but I would invite the kids and grandkids.

That sounds like the dream. Hopefully one day I can live that dream.

The upside to winning the lottery is you could just bring family with you. But if it's just retirement in mind then home is where family is. You can't really go wrong in any of Canada's larger cities honestly. They all have sports, food and entertainment despite what many think.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

Zero, but thank you for reeling it in for us.

Maybe Dax and I are pre scouting locals for Alex for when he retires.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
I can't wait until I take off early Decembers and come back in late April.
A different country every winter.
Looking forward to Panama and Ecuador.

Reactions: Jet

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
I'm failing to see the negative aspect of this post lol.

i have lots of amazing, unbelievable pictures of Manitoba. don't think some of the posters here ever leave there mom's basement
I’ll have you know I live in a slab on grade :sarcasm:
Has he said anything to indicate he won’t like it here, or are we automatically assuming that he won’t like it here?

Reactions: 10Ducky10

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba

What do they have to do with Iafallo...?

Lifestyle choices... versus reality of making a pro sports wage...

Please watch this video...

Now think of what Iafallo is thinking of being traded to Winnipeg...

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
What do they have to do with Iafallo...?

Lifestyle choices... versus reality of making a pro sports wage...

Please watch this video...

Now think of what Iafallo is thinking of being traded to Winnipeg...

Those crafty sun belt team PR people once again trying to sell the notion that players love being there. Tell me, have any of you actually gone surfing with Iafallo? I didn't think so. This is the land of Hollywood movie magic. Nothing seen here can't be simulated by a wave tank, green screen and stunt double. Iafallo probably spent his free time playing Fortnite online with Patrik Laine.

He said on Jets TV that he's happy to finally to be back where fans care about hockey and that's good enough for me, and it should be good enough for all of you. True. North. Does. Not. Lie.

<insert emoji that you feel best applies>

• Haha
Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Those crafty sun belt team PR people once again trying to sell the notion that players love being there. Tell me, have any of you actually gone surfing with Iafallo? I didn't think so. This is the land of Hollywood movie magic. Nothing seen here can't be simulated by a wave tank, green screen and stunt double. Iafallo probably spent his free time playing Fortnite online with Patrik Laine.

He said on Jets TV that he's happy to finally to be back where fans care about hockey and that's good enough for me, and it should be good enough for all of you. True. North. Does. Not. Lie.

<insert emoji that you feel best applies>

I like Walleye...

I don't like swimming with the sharks...

:sharks

Aggie204

Expect the worst, you’ll never be disappointed.
Sep 11, 2015
East St Paul, MB
LA is for phony people ask the former #80 who feels finally “he can be himself”.

Iaffalo is like lots of people who migrated here for work. I’ve met lots thru my line of work, and many stayed. Hell, I know 4 Californian couples in my community who prefer it here.

Last edited:

SUX2BU

User of registers
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
Bumping the thread as the last few pages were on hiking and vacation spots

Having a good season; under rated here so far …….

Reactions: Buffdog

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Bumping the thread as the last few pages were on hiking and vacation spots

Having a good season; under rated here so far …….
Ya, seems like he's roughly a .5 pts per game player. Certainly a serviceable guy. I can't say that I've been overwhelmed so far...........but that's not his role.

Reactions: GNP and SUX2BU

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
From what I see, I don't see Iafallo hanging in too long with the Jets. Seems more like a 4th line checker to me, but I think he makes around $ 4 mil per year, or in that range. That's too much money for a guy like him. I guess we'll see how he pans out ?? Not sure on what he's making, but my memory tells me it's quite a lot. Will have to look that up on Cap Friendly.

There's too many up and coming guys like Lambert, McGrorty, Chibrikov, for him to stay with the club IMO. One more year maybe ?

Last edited:

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
From what I see, I don't see Iafallo hanging in too long with the Jets. Seems more like a 4th line checker to me, but I think he makes around $ 4 mil per year, or in that range. That's too much money for a guy like him. I guess we'll see how he pans out ?? Not sure on what he's making, but my memory tells me it's quite a lot. Will have to look that up on Cap Friendly.

There's too many up and coming guys like Lambert, McGrorty, Chibrikov, for him to stay with the club IMO. One more year maybe ?
he started the season pretty productive with Scheifele. but he's just been kinda meh to me overall. nothing really stands out to me imo. he striked me more of a throw-in piece in an off-season where players around his tier were going for peanuts (ie: Hall, Johansen at 50% for instance). i think they can gain some efficiencies w/ the cap by maybe replacing him by one of the prospects you noted next year, and not really missing his absence to to much.

Reactions: GNP

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
I do like his play up until now. I think he's a guy who you'd like to have in your lineup.

I also don't think he'll be around after his current contract is up. Both the player preferring elsewhere as well as the team having prospects who will be ready.

Reactions: DRW204 and GNP

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad