Confirmed with Link: Alex Iafallo, Rasmus Kuapri, Gabe Vilardi + 2024 2nd round pick to Winnipeg for Pierre-Luc Dubois

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
PLD was -2 tonight. He's a team worst -11 now.

No one else is even close:

NameGP+/-
Pierre-Luc Dubois
39​
-11​
Alex Laferriere
38​
-3​
Kevin Fiala
39​
-2​
Jaret Anderson-Dolan
11​
-2​
Brandt Clarke
2​
-2​
Carl Grundstrom
39​
-1​
Jacob Moverare
5​
-1​
Cameron Talbot
29​
0​
Tobias Bjornfot
1​
0​
David Rittich
4​
0​
Pheonix Copley
8​
0​
Trevor Lewis
39​
2​
Andreas Englund
39​
2​
Arthur Kaliyev
34​
4​
Blake Lizotte
33​
4​
Phillip Danault
39​
5​
Matt Roy
39​
6​
Trevor Moore
39​
7​
Vladislav Gavrikov
34​
7​
Drew Doughty
39​
9​
Jordan Spence
36​
9​
Michael Anderson
39​
10​
Quinton Byfield
39​
14​
Anze Kopitar
39​
15​
Adrian Kempe
39​
16​

How are you even -11 on the 2nd ranked defensive team in the NHL while not even having hard matchups?

He's a f***en loser.

tigermask48

Maniacal Laugh
Mar 10, 2004
R'Lyeh, Antarctica

NameGP+/-
Pierre-Luc Dubois
39​
-11​
Alex Laferriere
38​
-3​
Kevin Fiala
39​
-2​
Jaret Anderson-Dolan
11​
-2​
Brandt Clarke
2​
-2​
Carl Grundstrom
39​
-1​
Jacob Moverare
5​
-1​
Cameron Talbot
29​
0​
Tobias Bjornfot
1​
0​
David Rittich
4​
0​
Pheonix Copley
8​
0​
Trevor Lewis
39​
2​
Andreas Englund
39​
2​
Arthur Kaliyev
34​
4​
Blake Lizotte
33​
4​
Phillip Danault
39​
5​
Matt Roy
39​
6​
Trevor Moore
39​
7​
Vladislav Gavrikov
34​
7​
Drew Doughty
39​
9​
Jordan Spence
36​
9​
Michael Anderson
39​
10​
Quinton Byfield
39​
14​
Anze Kopitar
39​
15​
Adrian Kempe
39​
16​

How are you even -11 on the 2nd ranked defensive team in the NHL while not even having hard matchups?

He's a f***en loser.

Ouch! That is Jac Johnson like bad.

Reactions: Telos

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Some might say it looks bad but if you just quadruple his current point total, he would be only behind Kucherov for the MOST POINTS in the ENTIRE LEAGUE! Blake isn’t interested in fantasy hockey stats. Kings won the trade obviously.
Good post. From now on, anyone looking at Dubois' statline has to quadruple his point totals.

NameGP+/-
Pierre-Luc Dubois
39​
-11​
Alex Laferriere
38​
-3​
Kevin Fiala
39​
-2​
Jaret Anderson-Dolan
11​
-2​
Brandt Clarke
2​
-2​
Carl Grundstrom
39​
-1​
Jacob Moverare
5​
-1​
Cameron Talbot
29​
0​
Tobias Bjornfot
1​
0​
David Rittich
4​
0​
Pheonix Copley
8​
0​
Trevor Lewis
39​
2​
Andreas Englund
39​
2​
Arthur Kaliyev
34​
4​
Blake Lizotte
33​
4​
Phillip Danault
39​
5​
Matt Roy
39​
6​
Trevor Moore
39​
7​
Vladislav Gavrikov
34​
7​
Drew Doughty
39​
9​
Jordan Spence
36​
9​
Michael Anderson
39​
10​
Quinton Byfield
39​
14​
Anze Kopitar
39​
15​
Adrian Kempe
39​
16​

He's a f***en loser.
Well that's just unlucky. Not his fault

tny760

Mar 12, 2017

NameGP+/-
Pierre-Luc Dubois
39​
-11​
Alex Laferriere
38​
-3​
Kevin Fiala
39​
-2​
Jaret Anderson-Dolan
11​
-2​
Brandt Clarke
2​
-2​
Carl Grundstrom
39​
-1​
Jacob Moverare
5​
-1​
Cameron Talbot
29​
0​
Tobias Bjornfot
1​
0​
David Rittich
4​
0​
Pheonix Copley
8​
0​
Trevor Lewis
39​
2​
Andreas Englund
39​
2​
Arthur Kaliyev
34​
4​
Blake Lizotte
33​
4​
Phillip Danault
39​
5​
Matt Roy
39​
6​
Trevor Moore
39​
7​
Vladislav Gavrikov
34​
7​
Drew Doughty
39​
9​
Jordan Spence
36​
9​
Michael Anderson
39​
10​
Quinton Byfield
39​
14​
Anze Kopitar
39​
15​
Adrian Kempe
39​
16​

He's a f***en loser.
kaliyev top half but getting f***ing scratched

insanity

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
The difference between Kempe (+16) and PLD (-11) is literally 27 goals.

That's insane. On the same team. Only halfway through the season.

Obviously some of that is because Kempe has better linemates, but he also has harder matchups.

If PLD's sorry ass could even manage to be just an even player, not hurt the team, we'd be significantly better. He's a liability.

Mad Dog Tannen

Apr 10, 2010

NameGP+/-
Pierre-Luc Dubois
39​
-11​
Alex Laferriere
38​
-3​
Kevin Fiala
39​
-2​
Jaret Anderson-Dolan
11​
-2​
Brandt Clarke
2​
-2​
Carl Grundstrom
39​
-1​
Jacob Moverare
5​
-1​
Cameron Talbot
29​
0​
Tobias Bjornfot
1​
0​
David Rittich
4​
0​
Pheonix Copley
8​
0​
Trevor Lewis
39​
2​
Andreas Englund
39​
2​
Arthur Kaliyev
34​
4​
Blake Lizotte
33​
4​
Phillip Danault
39​
5​
Matt Roy
39​
6​
Trevor Moore
39​
7​
Vladislav Gavrikov
34​
7​
Drew Doughty
39​
9​
Jordan Spence
36​
9​
Michael Anderson
39​
10​
Quinton Byfield
39​
14​
Anze Kopitar
39​
15​
Adrian Kempe
39​
16​

He's a f***en loser.
Oh man. This post made me laugh way harder than it should have Your delivery of “he’s a f***en loser” murdered me.
Anyways, that is a crazy stat and chart

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
PLD will be the highest paid player on the team over the next two seasons.

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
With the exception of a couple overly optimistic posters and a couple Blake apologists, Kings fans here were pretty brutal and pissed off about the PLD when it first came out. Well done.
From reading those first couple days back now, you'd think the expectation could only go up considering how negative the reaction was to getting PLD and giving up GV. But nope. I think those few pro PLD commentors are now firmly in the same boat as the rest of us. Misery loves company.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
Fiala deal was still good and that doesn’t change imo. The PLD trade however was bad the day it happened

That’s crazy to me that Laferriere is his linemate and only minus three
I gotta disagree about Fiala. We traded a guy that would be a top pair d on this team for the next 10-15 years for a winger who the kings did better in the playoffs without than with.

Don’t get me wrong, I like his creativity and willingness to take chances, especially on the powerplay, but young cost controlled stud D are not something you trade for a flashy winger that passes to the other team for goals against on the regular.

bland

Jul 1, 2004
I gotta disagree about Fiala. We traded a guy that would be a top pair d on this team for the next 10-15 years for a winger who the kings did better in the playoffs without than with.

Don’t get me wrong, I like his creativity and willingness to take chances, especially on the powerplay, but young cost controlled stud D are not something you trade for a flashy winger that passes to the other team for goals against on the regular.
You add Fiala's at the end of this arc, not the middle. You can get one every single off-season.

Faber would have been the cornerstone of the franchise for a decade plus. You just cannot trade those players at any cost. Doughty is two years from your third pairing. Roy should be a goner. Spence is essentially a scaled down version of a #1 defenseman - he does everything right, is shifty and productive, just not at a "star level". He is an IDEAL 2nd/3rd pairing RHD.

Clarke is going to be a very exciting player in this league, but it is highly unlikely he will be on your top PK or the player you want on the ice to protect a late lead.

Faber does all the important stuff. He is the one you want in the playoffs against McDavid. And you could have had that key position locked up and in perfect transition from Doughty.

Fiala is exciting, but a toy. You buy the toys after the rents paid.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017

I get what you mean but when you consider where this team is with RD then it makes it a lot more understandable. The Kings have Spence Roy Clarke and Doughty. Regardless of what happened Clarke would always be ahead of Faber. There’s a reason why Fiala is undoubtedly the most skilled winger they’ve had since Palffy.

I get that he can be controversial but you have to also consider the Kings got a banged up Fiala in the playoffs.

Reactions: David Lunch

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
I get what you mean but when you consider where this team is with RD then it makes it a lot more understandable. The Kings have Spence Roy Clarke and Doughty. Regardless of what happened Clarke would always be ahead of Faber. There’s a reason why Fiala is undoubtedly the most skilled winger they’ve had since Palffy.

I get that he can be controversial but you have to also consider the Kings got a banged up Fiala in the playoffs.
I understand the appeal for Fiala, but man... one thing that was so amazing with Nashville is when they had Suter and Weber on the same team.

Faber is 21 until August, and Clarke turns 21 next month. That would have been a set blueline, at least on the right, for a long time.

Edit: removed a point based on a faulty memory

Last edited:

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
I understand the appeal for Fiala, but man... one thing that was so amazing with Nashville is when they had Suter and Weber on the same team. Sure, you wouldn't normally see both of them on the ice as both were right-handed, but their stacked bluelines was something to behold.

Faber is 21 until August, and Clarke turns 21 next month. That would have been a set blueline, at least on the right, for a long time.
I get what you mean but I don’t think you can underestimate the importance of having someone with Fialas offensive skills. and I think the likelihood of Faber getting shafted like Clarke is would be a detriment to him as a player. There’s a reason why Pronger Neidermayer and Weber and Suter were very uncommon. Kings needed someone like Fiala to add dynamic to the offense that has always desperately needed that. Shit they got rid of Vilardi who was dynamic as well offensively. Very very very few players can create offense alone. Faber wasn’t going to have a chance especially with Doughtys corpse still taking top pair and Clarke will easily be ahead of him on draft position merit alone. If Faber was in the Kings organization right now he would be down the list of players who don’t have a spot with a few Rds in front of him already.

Personally I don’t think the Kings have the balls to move Roy even though Spence and Clarke should be in the line up all games.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Yeah anywhere between about 8-16 repeatedly is circling the toilet bowl.
Disagree. After all, Clarke was picked 8th. Vilardi was picked 11th.

Perpetial first-round exits is the black hole to me. Because you're in that phase of having to make a choice at a direction, and generally, teams don't try to sell rebuilds after making the playoffs.

It's why they should have committed to a rebuild immediately after being swept by Vegas, and trading valuable, but non-franchise players like Pearson and Toffoli immediately.

bland

Jul 1, 2004
Disagree. After all, Clarke was picked 8th. Vilardi was picked 11th.

Perpetial first-round exits is the black hole to me. Because you're in that phase of having to make a choice at a direction, and generally, teams don't try to sell rebuilds after making the playoffs.

It's why they should have committed to a rebuild immediately after being swept by Vegas, and trading valuable, but non-franchise players like Pearson and Toffoli immediately.

Without getting back into the other crap we go thru, why do you think that 2017 was okay for a blowup but not 2015?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00