Confirmed with Link: Alex Iafallo, Rasmus Kuapri, Gabe Vilardi + 2024 2nd round pick to Winnipeg for Pierre-Luc Dubois

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
Shout out to those of us who nailed it when the trade happens and shout out to those of you who drove me crazy about “it’s just a hot streak bro”.

I know we are all on the same boat now sadly though.

Why don’t you actually quote my first post in this thread where I say this trade had the potential to be one of the worst in LA’s history lol

• Wow
Reactions: Sol

shuchukfan

Mar 11, 2015
OC
Why did this thread have to be revived? It's like almost getting over your ex, then you see her with some stud. Having sex on the hood of your car. Then you remember that it was your mostly absentee father (Blake) who was the one who said you should get rid of her (and her hot friends) and go out with Rosie Palm instead.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
He's always been an up and down player.

I thought for sure his game would pop at least initially after a change of scenery. Usually you see that from guys like him.

It's kind of shocking how lackadaisical he's looked. I thought we might see that from him eventually, but certainly not right away.

He's got half a season in front him to hopefully go on some sort of hot streak. I'm not all that optimistic though.

Last edited:

DyslexicTom

Jan 1, 2009
I would like to submit my post in another thread before the season started:

As discussed by others, Vilardi has a very real shot at making the trade look ridiculously bad as early as this season. Frankly, I'm all for it; this current regime has got to go. They're awful.

Around the league part 2

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Why don’t you actually quote my first post in this thread where I say this trade had the potential to be one of the worst in LA’s history lol
I didn’t see it brudda.

Btw no one is being roasted. Just thought it’d be interesting to look back.

Last edited:

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
Hell no. This is like if Lombardi negotiated an eight year extension for Lucic. Plus, Vilardi is a better asset than anything we parted with in the Lucic deal.

If PLD pulls the same disappearing act and quits on the team, this is arguably the worst trade in the Kings post-lockout era.

If PLD only gets better and completely buys in while Vilardi continues to go in and out of the lineup with injuries, this could wind up being a great trade.

Here we go.

I grew up in Las Vegas. I know how to hedge my bets. 😂

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
Vilardi wasn't going to stay here; Iafallo is redundant with having guys like Moore, Kupari would've been nice to keep but still hasn't found any sort of scoring touch.

PLD is an average 2nd liner signed to a ridiculous contract. Oh well.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
I didn’t see it brudda.

Btw no one is being roasted. Just thought it’d be interesting to look back.
Sir, if you're not going to comb through this thread and pull out everyone's best take, you might as well not rez this thread at all. Now go sit in the corner and think about what you've done and all the fans you've traumatized.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Well alot of those gatekeeper people are gone either by their own choice or by the choice of site admins.

But yeah, I always get a kick out of the people who act like being in NHL hockey-ops is like being a doctor or a lawyer. I've said it many times on this forum, I think there are many members here, myself included who could do a better job than Luc and Blake.

Why? Well if I (and I assume many others) were put in charge of the Kings the first thing I would do was to surround myself with the best and most qualified people. An extensive search for the best GM, Head Coach, Asst. GM, Director of Scouting, Director of Player Development. Any great executive will tell you he's only as good as the people he surrounds himself with. The LA Kings are not an organization with the best and most qualified people, they are a group of Luc and Rob's buddies and unfortunately for us the results of the past 7 years show that.

I've asked some of the strongest supporters of Luc and Blake here such as GBH (who I like more than many here) these questions a million times before, but here goes again.

Do you think Luc Robitaille was the most qualified person to be President? Was he qualified at all?
Do you think Rob Blake was the most qualified person to be GM? Was he qualified at all?
Do you believe this organization is a meritocracy when it comes to hiring of hockey-ops people?
Is it a coincidence that every major position in hockey-ops is filled by close friends of either Luc or Blake?

When Taylor was fired in 2006 the hockey-ops was completely gutted. New GM, New coach, New Scouting Director, New Development Director. When Luc's Palace Coup happened it basically resulted in two people losing their heads, the GM and the Coach.

The Kings won 1 playoff game in three seasons, it was enough to move on from a Cup winning coach and a cup winning GM (which I was ok with on both) but it wasn't enough to move on from anyone else?

The coup leader became the President
The Asst. GM became the GM
The Asst. Coach became the Head Coach
The Director of Personnel became the Asst. GM
The Director of Development became the Director of Personnel (despite garbage development results) and was later promoted to Asst. GM
A development coach became the Director of Development
The Director of Amateur Scouting was retained (despite mostly poor results) and has maintained his job for 7 seasons of mostly poor results

Only two names from that list left the franchise, Futa and Stevens, coincidently neither are known to be close buddies with Luc. or Blake. Their jobs were eventually filled by Rob Blake's best friend from college and Rob Blake's final head coach in the NHL.

It's just so comical and unprofessional when you think about it. I can't believe nobody at AEG corporate seems to give a crap about this. Sometimes I think hands off ownership is better, but for this franchise it's really not a good thing at all.

Last edited:

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
Vilardi wasn't going to stay here; Iafallo is redundant with having guys like Moore, Kupari would've been nice to keep but still hasn't found any sort of scoring touch.

PLD is an average 2nd liner signed to a ridiculous contract. Oh well.
I think you are being quite generous with your "average 2nd liner" description. If he were that or anywhere near it, things would be fine in PLD land.

GV wasn't going to stay here because Blake was hell-bent on shipping him out instead of offering him a contract extension. Weird since Blake gives those out so easily (Cal, AI, Kopi, etc.).

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Remember when the Kings talking heads started acting as if Vilardi was being greedy? Then Vilardi signs with the jets for 3.4 million for 2 years? It’s almost getting kinda strange how the Kings “in the know” guys seem to make thing up about the players they trade out. They did the same thing with Faber acting as if the Kings had no choice to move him because he didn’t want to be a King. And now Vilardi was being way too greedy. I don’t know why everyone is so quick to praise Blake in the media by creating fake narratives.

BaileyFan

Jun 14, 2023
Remember when the Kings talking heads started acting as if Vilardi was being greedy? Then Vilardi signs with the jets for 3.4 million for 2 years? It’s almost getting kinda strange how the Kings “in the know” guys seem to make thing up about the players they trade out. They did the same thing with Faber acting as if the Kings had no choice to move him because he didn’t want to be a King. And now Vilardi was being way too greedy. I don’t know why everyone is so quick to praise Blake in the media by creating fake narratives.
Next season Kaliyev will be a 20+ goal scorer in Ottawa and those talking heads will be saying trading him for a rental was actually a great move because he wasn’t going to accept an extension less than 8 years and also he was routinely stealing Kopi’s parking spot at TSPC.

Reactions: tny760

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
Gave up after page 14 but…

Oh, he'll be playing in the bottom 6 then? You should re-read what he said.
Yes, he’s bottom 6.
Lol Fiala and pld 2nd line players. Heard it all
PLD wishes he was a second line player
If you actually watched this team you’d realize that our f***face coach only plays Kaliyev on the 4th line, if at all. The chances of him becoming anything are entering Austin Wagner territory, not because of his talent, but because our couch is a dipshit.
Aaaand benched!
View attachment 722262
I’d flip it to be flowing lefty, but I just don’t care to make the effort. Just like the next 8 years of PLD.
Who could have seen it?
I'm going to go out on a limb and say you (and most all of us) haven't watched many Blue Jacket or Jets games over the past four years when they weren't playing the Kings.

But I'm up for any players that played with him saying he didn't give his all. Would love to hear about that.

I'm looking forward to what a 30 goal and 60 point guy does when he isn't quitting though.
Seems you’re gonna be waiting quite a while. 30 goals? Maybe by the end of his contract

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad