Player Discussion Alex Galchenyuk: Time to loosen the restraints?

What should be done with Alex?

• Play him at Centre, let him do his thing

Votes: 121 73.8%
  • Trade him now for whatever

Votes: 21 12.8%
  • Stay the course

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Who cares? He's a bust

Votes: 11 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
you must exhaust all possibilities prior to giving up on a player, especially with one that does possess some skills that are above average. exercise due diligence and see what happens, at this point, you have nothing to lose. just stick chuck at center, drouin on this wing, and another player that has some offensive skills and rounds out the shortcomings of both chuck and drouin (defensive ability, dirty work).

drouin is wasted at center. he is overwhelmed. its not working.

chuck has regressed from how he has been used and by his own weak play.

however, just perhaps some faith shown to him will enable him to overcome some obstacles and just help him succeed to develop himself into a more responsible and consistent player. i believe he's the type of person that requires psychological support in order to succeed. he needs additional coddling, petted, and given positive constructive reinforcement.

i believe bergevin's arrogance has hindered chuck's develop. MB was adamant, and stated chuck is not a center. it is like he's given a moratorium on chuck not playing center, just in order for himself to feel right.

julien needs to run his lineup without this restriction.

bergevin has done some good things; but has done alot more bad. his cool confident seemingly competent tough act was worn out. the charade is over and his incompetence has been exposed. molson was played and he, himself, is the bigger fool.

great post

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Is it a coincidence that he has had by far his two most productive stints at center ????
last year before his injury (top 10 in the league in scoring), and the 2nd half of the season prior (led the league in goals during that stretch - he had like 14 in 21 games at one point)

Play him at Center ffs!!!!! Let him learn the defensive side on the fly. It's not like we have anything to lose!!!!

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Is it a coincidence that he has had by far his two most productive stints at center ????
last year before his injury (top 10 in the league in scoring), and the 2nd half of the season prior (led the league in goals during that stretch - he had like 14 in 21 games at one point)

Play him at Center ffs!!!!! Let him learn the defensive side on the fly. It's not like we have anything to lose!!!!

When I look at him play, I see a center, personnally. Not a CJ type center, but who cares to be honest. Mid level coaches are recyclable, good players you can have for 10-15 years.

I thought Drouin was a winger to start the year, but he had a nice learning curve initially. Right now though, its not looking good at all.

Last edited:

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
He was actually finally progressing at centre until Humpty Dumpty took over as coach.

After seeing Las Vegas playing well under Gallant, it makes me think how much different things would've been if Julien didn't get fired by Boston and we ended up hiring Gallant as McKenzie mentioned last year that the Habs asked Florida for permission to talk to him.

Ideally he would be tried at centre, we need offense and we need to get Galchenyuk going. If he struggles, then look at trading him.. at least give him a shot where he's been most productive in the NHL. Instead Julien would prefer to lose with guys like Froese playing centre while having 2 goals in 80 career games.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Drouin went down and DLR was put in as a top 6C instead of Chucky. Chucky will never play centre here again. I keep the hope alive that he will, but it wont happen.

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016
He was actually finally progressing at centre until Humpty Dumpty took over as coach.

After seeing Las Vegas playing well under Gallant, it makes me think how much different things would've been if Julien didn't get fired by Boston and we ended up hiring Gallant as McKenzie mentioned last year that the Habs asked Florida for permission to talk to him.

Ideally he would be tried at centre, we need offense and we need to get Galchenyuk going. If he struggles, then look at trading him.. at least give him a shot where he's been most productive in the NHL. Instead Julien would prefer to lose with guys like Froese playing centre while having 2 goals in 80 career games.

That was has me the most curious regarding Clude and AG27.

During the summer you had CJ state , Alex and JD will both get a shot at center.

In comes MB and says , AG is a winger.
Clode then switched to AG is a winger.

Basically anyone but AG will be a center on this team.

Why, why can't alex be a center ?? I just do not understand

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
I don’t think the Center solution lies within the organization. I don’t see galchenyuk as being in control of the play enough for that position. Still, he does seem more involved than pacioretty. Anyway, I think the cupboard is bare and they need a rebuild. Danault should be a third line Center at best. Geez, Shaw seems to do the best job on face offs, why don’t they give him a shot!

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Galchenyuk showing everybody he can skate , play down the middle and undress a goalie!

Go "slick willy" Go! Hustling like Pacioretty on an open net!

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016
How BAD does JD have to be, before they let Chucky be a C once again?? If I am CJ, Chucky centres Droiun next game, and watch the magic from them both!!!
Drouin is beyond awful in the circle, and no one says a thing?? At least Chucky was 45-46%

But Chucky isn't defensively responsible.

God Blong7, howmany times do you have to ask ? I am getting really tired of you asking such silly questions.

CHUCKY IS A WINGER, JD IS A CENTRE!!! And Don't you dare quote any stats. Stats don't exist for Kharacter or Respeck.

MB & CJ know things that we don't know, and Blong7, if you knew those things, you'd know why chucky isn't a center. I can't tell you what those things are thou. :sarcasm::sarcasm:

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
How BAD does JD have to be, before they let Chucky be a C once again?? If I am CJ, Chucky centres Droiun next game, and watch the magic from them both!!!
Drouin is beyond awful in the circle, and no one says a thing?? At least Chucky was 45-46%
Julien put ****ing Brian Flynn centre over Galchenyuk in the playoffs last year, we'd probably end up seeing Froese at centre in the top 6 before we see Galchenyuk there again.

Jul 1, 2014
Canada
He was absolutely trash all game long again. Amazingly pathetic to watch. Oh wait, he scored a goal, I guess he should now play center. Tssss

Reactions: Mike McCarron Jr

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Danault is borderline 2C, would be great at 3C.

Let's not have a Drouin v Chucky at centre fight, let them both play centre and I couldnt care less who is 1C. Especially when Lehkonen comes back.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
He was absolutely trash all game long again. Amazingly pathetic to watch. Oh wait, he scored a goal, I guess he should now play center. Tssss
The rest of our guys at centre are awful also...what is there to lose?? He was being used there last year before his injury, and he was almost a PPG player...

Reactions: dralaf

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008

I've said it before and I'll say it again... Marc Bergevin does not care about winning. He cares more about feeding his own ego.

CJ is no better than Therrien. Same shit different dinosaur.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I've said it before and I'll say it again... Marc Bergevin does not care about winning. He cares more about feeding his own ego.

CJ is no better than Therrien. Same **** different dinosaur.
Really thought CJ would not end up like this, but wow, he is doing the same kind of thing...........better coach, better guy, but somewhat the same crap....fed by Bergevin?? It was Bergevin who said, until further notice, #27 is a winger...

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary

And yet Galchenyuk is at the bottom of ice time for forwards, but is only 2 points off the team lead, has the highest P/60 and leads in game winning points and OT points. Only 8 penalty minutes, and he's played a good part of the season being juggled from line to line, often playing with slugs.

The criticism of him is outrageously unbalanced and stinks of bias. Not surprisingly most of the venom spat at him is delivered by staunch supporters of Bergevin.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Remember when face-offs were a huge thing because Galchenyuk was under 50%?

But Drouin barely eclipses 40% and.. they're not vital anymore.

Remember when defensive play and risk was a big thing because Galchenyuk wasn't playing Selke defense?

Well he never did what Drouin did vs. Ottawa, but that's not vital anymore.

Drouin is a winger.
Galchenyuk is a centre.

It's clear to anyone except the goofs in charge.

gillyguzzler

Jan 21, 2007
Ontario
Danault must be pissed that he's centering Chucky. Look at Danault's ice time yesterday! Coincidence?

Yes, I know, Chucky didn't battle hard enough on the boards leading to the second (I believe) goal yesterday. Not Danault's fault for standing there doing nothing. Not Alzner for doing... I don't know what he was doing there. Shaw? He's skating to the bench.

Anyways, they were all benched for the rest of the second. Do you think Danault would have been benched if he was centering #67?

Jul 1, 2014
Canada
And yet Galchenyuk is at the bottom of ice time for forwards, but is only 2 points off the team lead, has the highest P/60 and leads in game winning points and OT points. Only 8 penalty minutes, and he's played a good part of the season being juggled from line to line, often playing with slugs.

The criticism of him is outrageously unbalanced and stinks of bias. Not surprisingly most of the venom spat at him is delivered by staunch supporters of Bergevin.

Other guys with a lot less talent are producing with the slugs you are talking about and almost every players have played on different lines. Stop the excuses and open your eyes. Galchenyuk needs to be A LOT better. Others also have to, but this is Galchenyuk thread. He is one of the most skilled player the team has, that's why I'm so disappointed about him and his poor showing since last 10 months.

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
Really thought CJ would not end up like this, but wow, he is doing the same kind of thing...........better coach, better guy, but somewhat the same crap....fed by Bergevin?? It was Bergevin who said, until further notice, #27 is a winger...

Honestly I thought CJ was not too bad at first. At first I even felt sorry for the guy having to come in and right this sinking ship and the guy doesn't even have the luxury of picking his own coaches. He's stuck with JJD lmao. Then again it's hard to feel sorry for someone making 5 million dollars a year.

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
Remember when face-offs were a huge thing because Galchenyuk was under 50%?

But Drouin barely eclipses 40% and.. they're not vital anymore.

Remember when defensive play and risk was a big thing because Galchenyuk wasn't playing Selke defense?

Well he never did what Drouin did vs. Ottawa, but that's not vital anymore.

Drouin is a winger.
Galchenyuk is a centre.

It's clear to anyone except the goofs in charge.

Bergevin ruined this team's top 3 pick and he's well on his way to ruining another top 3 pick. I mean these are real players with real careers not some character on playstation. It's honestly hard to watch. I can't fathom how anyone with this much ineptitude still has a job!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad