Player Discussion Alex Galchenyuk - The Hockey Thread Edition **Mod Warning in 1st Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakomyte

Dec 14, 2004
Toronto
The importance of having Galchenyuk centering Pacioretty is that it turns Patches into a dual-threat forward.

Its true. People forget that Patches is also a great passer. I think he became known for being a shooter first when he started to have success with DD in the AHL, but I'm pretty sure he was more of a playmaker in college.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
I think the Bulb's been on for a while now. For most of the season he's been very productive. There were two major droughts in his production so far: The first was october through mid november, which was pretty much entirely on him. Linemates, icetime, blah blah, but he just wasn't very good in those games. But from that time until early january he was our most productive forward. Then came the second dip in production and we all know why that happened. Since that time? 14 points in 17 games.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
I think the Bulb's been on for a while now. For most of the season he's been very productive. There were two major droughts in his production so far: The first was october through mid november, which was pretty much entirely on him. Linemates, icetime, blah blah, but he just wasn't very good in those games. But from that time until early january he was our most productive forward. Then came the second dip in production and we all know why that happened. Since that time? 14 points in 17 games.

In the case of Alex Galchenyuk's light bulb, it's always on. More often than not it's Michel Therrien controlling the dimmer switch and toning now the brightness of the bulb...

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Galchenyuk from 2014-2016 (146 games played):

Winger:
88 games
25 goals
48 points
0.545 points/game

Center:
58 games
16 goals
39 points
0.672 points/game

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Galchenyuk from 2014-2016 (146 games played):

Winger:
88 games
25 goals
48 points
0.545 points/game

Center:
58 games
16 goals
39 points
0.672 points/game

One thing to consider here as well, is the quality of his line mates has usually been better as a winger as well.

with patches/Gally as his wingers I'd wager he's .75ppg+

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
20 mins of ice last night....beyond his position and where he plays, that's what's most important IMO.

20:03 mins last night, the most used forward last night. That's what I want to see, really shouldn't be any reason why that shouldn't be the case pretty much every game going forward

Stjonnypopo

Rgesitreed Uesr
Jan 26, 2009
Mount Doom
Chucky has been killing it since the new year. He's shown that he can perform as a top-line center on this team. And I think that he's the type of player that Pacioretty needs on his line in order to perform.

Pacioretty isn't going to generate plays on his own, he's not a power forward like Rick Nash, he's a sniper who can skate. And Galchenyuk with his wicked shot and great playmaking will keep the other team in doubt as to which one of them will go for the goal.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Rick Nash isn't a "power forward" like Rick Nash either. He's a streaky perimeter player, even moreso than Pacioretty.

As for Galchenyuk, he's this team's best forward. About time he starts being used as such.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Rick Nash isn't a "power forward" like Rick Nash either. He's a streaky perimeter player, even moreso than Pacioretty.

As for Galchenyuk, he's this team's best forward. About time he starts being used as such.

I honestly hope Therrien gets sacked in the off season.

We can't afford to ruin Galchenyuk over our Gms pride (recent extension and reaffirming his confidence in the coach after one of the worst streaks in history.)

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
Patch was a playmaker when drafted. we need a good possession winger on that line. Sekac where are you? Jkin

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012

I don't know. At the beginning of the year he was still getting tons of dynamite chances. he was either hitting posts, getting robbed or just flubbing them completely.

You knew he wasn't going to flub them forever. I don't think he looked bad at the beginning of the year at all but he's definitely better now.

Just so exciting to see him starting to really make it work.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
I don't know. At the beginning of the year he was still getting tons of dynamite chances. he was either hitting posts, getting robbed or just flubbing them completely.

You knew he wasn't going to flub them forever. I don't think he looked bad at the beginning of the year at all but he's definitely better now.

Just so exciting to see him starting to really make it work.

There was definitely a period of time where Galchenyuk just didn't look very good. Basically everyone looked good on our team except him and his line after the first, say, 3 games. But Alex power through that and became consistently our most dangerous forward from late december until early january. And for that he was awarded with like, 13-14 minutes icetime per game.

bbob

Nov 27, 2015
Are ppl still saying we should trade him?? Having a career year with 15 less games, in the worst year ever, not getting mins, not being used right and only 22. MB needs to sign him up long term early next year cause this kid is going to be very special and great, in this cap world need to get him cheap and not let happen like pk contract. 5 mill foe 8 years would be great!!!

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
There was definitely a period of time where Galchenyuk just didn't look very good. Basically everyone looked good on our team except him and his line after the first, say, 3 games. But Alex power through that and became consistently our most dangerous forward from late december until early january. And for that he was awarded with like, 13-14 minutes icetime per game.

Only time I think Galchenyuk didn't generate offensive chances on a consistent basis was when he got put on Desharnais' wing.

He was snake-bit earlier in the season and missed countless chances shooting wide/hitting posts, but for the vast majority of games, he's been our most dynamic offensive threat. Now that he's finally being more confident with his shot, I think we'll start to see the all-around offensive force he was touted as at the draft.

Ape Clutch

Jul 19, 2004
AG will end the season with around 50 pts. I was hoping/expecting him to have a 60 pts season, however with MT's misuse of him 50 pts is respectable.

No 50 points is great. Don't underestimate the synergistic elements of MT's incompetence and DD's existence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad