Player Discussion Alex Galchenyuk - The Hockey Thread Edition **Mod Warning in 1st Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 3, 2010
Halifax
It'd be awesome if he could become a Jeff Carter-esque player for us. I assume when his goalscoring slows down though his assists will pile up.

Him and Pacioretty just make too much sense together, bigger players that can shoot, pass, allowing both of them to find room in the offensive zone. And Pacioretty's speed helps back off defenders for Alex a good deal.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
It'd be awesome if he could become a Jeff Carter-esque player for us. I assume when his goalscoring slows down though his assists will pile up.

Him and Pacioretty just make too much sense together, bigger players that can shoot, pass, allowing both of them to find room in the offensive zone. And Pacioretty's speed helps back off defenders for Alex a good deal.

Who do you put on RW?

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
Hopefully kid gets 20 minutes every nite.

Dont know why therriens even in MTL. We know this isnt his decision. Chain smoking lobster who looks like he has indigestion standing behind the bench.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Alex Galchenyuk, 21 goals, 41 points in 66 games.
David Desharnais, 9 goals and 26 points in 57 games.

This is the first season where Galchenyuk comprehensively out-produces Desharnais, and from here on out the gap will only widen.

Video Coach

Sep 16, 2005
I think he'll hit 30. He's really feeling it now. Doesn't really matter who he plays with or what position he plays - he's going to create, he's going to be dangerous, he's going to score

That tip shows how dangerous he can be. He can score in many different ways.

TheAntiPrice

Oct 25, 2009
Montreal, QC
You guys are delusional if you think he'll reach 30 this year. That would mean about 16 goals in his last 24 games to finish off the season...that's Ovechkin level production, I would taper the expectations a little bit. Kid is going through one of the hottest streaks of his career, he's due for a bit of a spell now. I just hope he gets to 25 this season and plays at C from here on out.

Uncle Gary

Apr 12, 2014
He now has more goals than he does assists. His shot has been on point the past while.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
AG will end the season with around 50 pts. I was hoping/expecting him to have a 60 pts season, however with MT's misuse of him 50 pts is respectable.

Fire Everyone

Especially you
May 17, 2006
You guys are delusional if you think he'll reach 30 this year. That would mean about 16 goals in his last 24 games to finish off the season...that's Ovechkin level production, I would taper the expectations a little bit.

What makes Ovechkin special is his ability to score at that pace over entire seasons. Plenty of players can do it over a short stretch.

I don't think Galchenyuk will score 30 goals this season, but it's not impossible.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
You guys are delusional if you think he'll reach 30 this year. That would mean about 16 goals in his last 24 games to finish off the season...that's Ovechkin level production, I would taper the expectations a little bit. Kid is going through one of the hottest streaks of his career, he's due for a bit of a spell now. I just hope he gets to 25 this season and plays at C from here on out.

You're using statistics incorrectly.

To hit 30, Galchenyuk needs 9 goals in the remaining 16 games.

Everything that's happened before has already happened, with 100% certainty. It doesn't factor into the odds.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans

Delusional is a bit of a strong word don't you think?...optimistic would best define the possibility of him scoring 30... Personally, I think he'll hit his Jersey number...27. Expect him to hit 30-35 next year....as long as he's playing the right minutes with the right teammates, skies the limit with this kid.

lou4gehrig

Bedard 2023
Aug 2, 2005
Saw this on the Canadiens home page.

8 – Number of players in Canadiens history who, at the age of 22, had already amassed two seasons of 20 goals or more. Alex Galchenyuk joined that select group on Saturday night by scoring in the second period. It also includes the likes of Stephane Richer, Guy Lafleur and Bernard Geoffrion.

lou4gehrig

Bedard 2023
Aug 2, 2005
MaxPac between the legs assist to Chucky, and I kept remembering MT saying they have no chemistry.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native

Can't even count, can you? He has 21 on the season, and it is well-known by going to the boxscore. It's not February 12th anymore.

Look at Forsberg, he had 14 goals all the way up until ten games ago, and he goes on a tear and rips a few hat tricks to net 9 goals in 10 games. With the ridiculous chemistry of Max and Galchenyuk, he's probably got 2 or 3 more two-goal games in him, of course the problem is that Therrien will put the little prince back with Pacioretty, thereby denying Galchenyuk 30.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
So how many more games with Chukys audition at C last? They had him cease practicing faceoffs the last time they moved him to wing and that's some time ago. What's it going to be for the rest of the year? A couple of bad games and they pull the plug for good?

A coach that uses such a short-term approach to almost every situation, creates a lot of instability -- any margin of error is too big of a mistake, it seems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad