Player Discussion Alex Galchenyuk - The Hockey Thread Edition **Mod Warning in 1st Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habaddict

Apr 12, 2009
toronto
TSN ice chips confirms Chucky will stay on DDs wing for a while and that he was moved there for poor defensive play.

Not sure how playing him on the wing improved his defensive play. Obviously it doesn't, just MT trying a quick temp fix instead of trying to develop him.

Well he has less D responsibility on the wing. But you're right
about the quick fix. This is a quick fix that may let Chuck concentrate
on helping the team score more goals. Which are needed, and quickly!

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
So the ultimate distraction trade was made.

This is still a news story to me. Young players being mishandled continues to be the theme under the supervision of Therrien.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I didn't believe it until I saw it, but Friedman saying we'd move Galchenyuk under the right circumstances...

what a ****ing **** show this season is turning into. Didn't the whole Johansen thing begin with an "under the right circumstances" idea? And then he started playing less minutes... and then he was traded.

Ugh.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I didn't believe it until I saw it, but Friedman saying we'd move Galchenyuk under the right circumstances...

what a ****ing **** show this season is turning into. Didn't the whole Johansen thing begin with an "under the right circumstances" idea? And then he started playing less minutes... and then he was traded.

Ugh.
I wouldn't put too much stock into what Friedman said. Any player can be dealt under the "right circumstances."

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
If the habs trade away Galchenyuk then it's 100% sure that the habs have the most incompetent front office in the NHL.

I would trade any forward or defenseman but Gallagher and Subban on the current habs lineup before him.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
I wouldn't put too much stock into what Friedman said. Any player can be dealt under the "right circumstances."

Even then. Sounds like mitigated speech at this point.

Like... 'right circumstances' might sound good, but maybe it just means a 'meh' prospect and a 3rd round pick.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I hope we trade him. Management won`t ever use him properly or get wingers to play with him, so just trade him. I want to see this kid become a star. Trade him to St.Louis or something. He probably requested a trade already.
But to be fair McDavid could get traded under the right circumstances, anybody can.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I hope we trade him. Management won`t ever use him properly or get wingers to play with him, so just trade him. I want to see this kid become a star. Trade him to St.Louis or something. He probably requested a trade already.
But to be fair McDavid could get traded under the right circumstances, anybody can.

Yeah I'm with you let's trade him...
And then Carey and then Max.
Just as long as the Holy Trinity stays in place.
Man are we ever ****ed.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Yeah I'm with you let's trade him...
And then Carey and then Max.
Just as long as the Holy Trinity stays in place.
Man are we ever ****ed.

You didn`t understand what I said. I know he is our best forward, but I want to see this kid tear it up and it isn`t going to happen with this management. When guys like Smith-Pelley play more than him it`s just sad. If management got him real wingers and a coach that wants him to succeed by giving him 1st line time, then of course I wouldn`t even consider trading him.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
You didn`t understand what I said. I know he is our best forward, but I want to see this kid tear it up and it isn`t going to happen with this management. When guys like Smith-Pelley play more than him it`s just sad. If management got him real wingers and a coach that wants him to succeed by giving him 1st line time, then of course I wouldn`t even consider trading him.

Dude I understood completely.
I was just adding some color to your post. :laugh:
Not attacking honest injuns

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec

Friedman wouldn't have brought it up at all if he didn't think the rumour had some legs. Since Galchenyuk is being moved back to the wing, I could see Bergevin looking to do a swap, possibly wit Drouin.

And here we go. Once again Galchenyuk's development is put on the backburner so this moron of a coach can tout out his pets.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Friedman wouldn't have brought it up at all if he didn't think the rumour had some legs.

That's the scariest thought of all. This management team can not be trusted on the trading of major assets until proven otherwise. Galchenyuk shouldn't even be on the market. We're going to get Tyler Seguined.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Friedman wouldn't have brought it up at all if he didn't think the rumour had some legs. Since Galchenyuk is being moved back to the wing, I could see Bergevin looking to do a swap, possibly wit Drouin.

And here we go. Once again Galchenyuk's development is put on the backburner so this moron of a coach can tout out his pets.

...the scariest thing is that we should be looking for a RW to play with Galchenyuk (Boedker, Silfverberg, etc) and instead we're ****ing his development again and answering trade rumors with him leaving...and I can see the trade, honestly, and it makes me wanna cry:

Tampa Bay Lightning sends LW Jonathan Drouin & LD Matt Carle to the Montreal Canadiens for C-LW Alex Galchenyuk

...absolutely pathetic and it's honestly what I see happening with this braindead management group...:cry:

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Everyone knows he should be more dangerous on the wing. That's
a given. He doesn't have as many responsibilities on the wing. And he has
more experience there. I hope he gets to play on the right side. He can
make more use of his shot from there, and he was great on right wing in junior.

Once the team gets turned around a bit, he can go back to learning
to play center. If that is still the long term plan.
It won't happen. Does anyone get he wasn't allowed to develop at center because we plucked him out of juniors and tossed him at the wing at 18 years old. Of course he won't play center that well. YET he was the best center over december.

People learn far more from mistakes than trying never to make them. This move should be the one to get MT fired but it won't because #bargainbin like #toenails has no clue what to do with talent. Just trade AG for some 2nd line grinding center somewhere-and throw in another first round draft pick while you are at it. Seem bargainbin doesn't understand player evaluation either. I am LIVID at this organization today. Ultimate troll job of their own fans and players.

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
There's no reason to not play him as a center. Especially when Desharnais is the other center. There's no world where DD is a better center than Galchenyuk and Eller.

Dec 2, 2010
If he is traded, I'm done with this team. And that's saying a lot. We've sat around xmas trees wishing and hoping for a top line centre for 2 decades. And when there's finally the opportunity, they pull this bull ****? It would be the last straw for me.

poetryinmotion

Jul 12, 2011
Isn't Friedman a hack? This is just his opinion in order to get attention. Also what kind of stupid ass name is FRIED MAN, plz apply to McD's where u belong.

bbob

Nov 27, 2015
Galchenyuk is the only reason I'm watching the games, I want to soak in all the talent as much as I can cause they management is so fu#king dumb to trade him.

He was the only one that looked kick a threat in the 1st and stayed great all game, gave a lot more effort and heart then suppose to be captain patches.

Chucks seemed more defensive then dd, wasn't that the reason why dd was C?? Dd fault at 1st goal but chucks prob gets blamed,Markov huge mistake that cost game but some how MT will blame chucks for everything. Sucks we for a point cause we should go for high draft pick and get rid over the old vets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad