Player Discussion Alex Galchenyuk - The Hockey Thread Edition **Mod Warning in 1st Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patccmoi

Aug 11, 2010
Seriously, it that "aweful" 19 games stretch for Galchenyuk, he had 9 points... out of 35 goals for the entire team.

Meaning that he's been involved in over 25% of the team's goals. Talk about being aweful.

Yes he has fairly bad stats there, but so has EVERYONE during that stretch. He's actually been one of the better producing forwards there...

VAN-HAB

Vancouver Habitant
Sep 3, 2003
West Kelowna
MT is killing every ounce of talent and creativity out of Chuky so he can become a 2 way forward and a better person.

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
I just figured that because scout identified Galchenyuks points (lack thereof I suppose) in his argument, he may want to identify the points that the offensive dynamo taking his place has produced in the same timeline.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Seriously, it that "aweful" 19 games stretch for Galchenyuk, he had 9 points... out of 35 goals for the entire team.

Meaning that he's been involved in over 25% of the team's goals. Talk about being aweful.

Yes he has fairly bad stats there, but so has EVERYONE during that stretch. He's actually been one of the better producing forwards there...

Yup. Galchenyuk and Pacioretty lead our team with 9 points each since December 1st.

Anyone who watched the games knows Galchenyuk has been our best forward since December 1st, too.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Yup. Galchenyuk and Pacioretty lead our team with 9 points each since December 1st.

Anyone who watched the games knows Galchenyuk has been our best forward since December 1st, too.

Indeed.
And the 2nd best is Byron.

And THAT is a big, big problem.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
A .5 PPG pace for a third liner puts him in good company. Maybe like MacArthur or Ladd, but those two guys have out done da wittle Davey easy....

Oh, he plays with Eller and Carr, not a fertile environment.

The issue is the ugly -11 in 19 games...on top of the fact that that player is force fed offensive zone starts. That's a brutal stat, very telling why AG was moved to LW.

Let's blame Desharnais for that though...fits better in the HF Boards bias...

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
The issue is the ugly -11 in 19 games...on top of the fact that that player is force fed offensive zone starts. That's a brutal stat, very telling why AG was moved to LW.

Ah, use the +/- stat, the one that only establishes it could be his fault, but not definitely his fault without dragging out the video stat. Impressive intellectual laziness.right there

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005

I'm usually on your side on those DD debates, because he gets flak for the wrong reasons by simple minded individuals.

But not here. DD is... not good at all since December 1st. Not that Galchenyuk was great, mind you -- nobody had to be great to be the best forward on that team in the last 45 days. A

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
I'm usually on your side on those DD debates, because he gets flak for the wrong reasons by simple minded individuals.

But not here. DD is... not good at all since December 1st. Not that Galchenyuk was great, mind you -- nobody had to be great to be the best forward on that team in the last 45 days. A

It's not about one player vs another.

When a player is -11 in 19 games and does that while being fed offensive zone starts(63%), it should be a HUGE red flag about his defensive play.

Given that nobody should be shocked that they shifted him to LW.

That is the point, but most posters will conveniently overlook it because they all bow at the ridiculous talent of Galchenyuk and the horribleness of Desharnais. It got old a long time ago.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
It's not about one player vs another.

When a player is -11 in 19 games and does that while being fed offensive zone starts(63%), it should be a HUGE red flag about his defensive play.

Given that nobody should be shocked that they shifted him to LW.

That is the point, but most posters will conveniently overlook it because they all bow at the ridiculous talent of Galchenyuk and the horribleness of Desharnais. It got old a long time ago.

LOOK-HOW-BOTH-GUYS-PLAY instead of blabbing numbers of little or no worth.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Ah, use the +/- stat, the one that only establishes it could be his fault, but not definitely his fault without dragging out the video stat. Impressive intellectual laziness.right there

So +- is a useless stat but this place is polluted with stats about shot attempts. At least +- factors in actual pucks in the net...you know the ones that actually win or lose games.

The habs have had a good cosri even since December 1st but still lose...

PS. I'm not saying +- is the be all and end all, but like other stats it has it's use when considering the context of the player/team.

Jul 1, 2014
Canada
Gachenyuk looked instantly more dangerous when he was placed on wing in the last game. It caught my attention, he was way more visible and all over the ice, he looked like he was feeling free again. I want him to become a top center but right now, as we saw last game, I think he looks really more comfortable on wing.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Gachenyuk looked instantly more dangerous when he was placed on wing in the last game. It caught my attention, he was way more visible and all over the ice, he looked like he was feeling free again. I want him to become a top center but right now, as we saw last game, I think he looks really more comfortable on wing.

He also produced no scoring chances whatsoever from the wing.

Video Coach

Sep 16, 2005
TSN ice chips confirms Chucky will stay on DDs wing for a while and that he was moved there for poor defensive play.

Not sure how playing him on the wing improved his defensive play. Obviously it doesn't, just MT trying a quick temp fix instead of trying to develop him.

Habaddict

Apr 12, 2009
toronto

Everyone knows he should be more dangerous on the wing. That's
a given. He doesn't have as many responsibilities on the wing. And he has
more experience there. I hope he gets to play on the right side. He can
make more use of his shot from there, and he was great on right wing in junior.

Once the team gets turned around a bit, he can go back to learning
to play center. If that is still the long term plan.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
TSN ice chips confirms Chucky will stay on DDs wing for a while and that he was moved there for poor defensive play.

Not sure how playing him on the wing improved his defensive play. Obviously it doesn't, just MT trying a quick temp fix instead of trying to develop him.

A while...?!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad