Player Discussion Alex Galchenyuk - **Please READ MOD WARNINGS In First Post Before Posting***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
This organization is an embarassement. They trade Sekac for a worse player in DSP for supposed character issues and are about to do the same with DSP. Another one of MB failed experiments. They brought in Kassian and Semin while trying to run the team like a monastery. What else are young twenty year old supposed to do with millions of dollars? Should have kept this behind closed doors instead of turning this into a media spectacle.

Last edited by a moderator:

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
This organization is an embarassement. They trade Sekac for a worse player in DSP for supposed character issues and are about to do the same with DSP. Another one of MB failed experiments. They brought in Kassian and Semin while trying to run the team like a monastery. What else are young twenty year old supposed to do with millions of dollars? Should have kept this behind closed doors instead of turning this into a media spectacle.

DSP was a witness to the "story", what the **** are you rambling about?

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
What's the "Creepy Rule", exactly? (I'm wondering if I qualify, lol)

Finnhabs

Mar 8, 2014
Turku, Finland
If he's actually still partying at 8am it would be hard for me to not believe there wasn't any white stuff involved. I'm not saying there was, that would be slander. What I'm saying is, it's hard to party till 8am without a little boost.

Are you kiddin me?? You suggest that people who are partyin at 8AM cant do it without drugs involved? Been there MANY times with A LOT of different people and NEVER those people were usin drugs...you know, believe or not but some people can even do it SOBER :nod: ;).

I mean all this discussion anyways about people being their OWN home and have to be aware not partyin at 8AM when they have a free day. And talkin about loosin streaks that youre not allowed to party when youre not playin well...never blowed off some steam by drinkin/partyin when things arent goin well on some department?

I mean this fanbase....makes me wring my nerves so many times. So many good posters...and so many bad(not that i mean you by that ;) ). You know, like someone said earlier, people party, hard. Also hockey players do and let them, its one of their ways to blow off steam. Would have some stories to tell you about Teemu and Saku partyin but ofc i wont and look at them how they fared :)!

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
Are you kiddin me?? You suggest that people who are partyin at 8AM cant do it without drugs involved? Been there MANY times with A LOT of different people and NEVER those people were usin drugs...you know, believe or not but some people can even do it SOBER :nod: ;).

I mean all this discussion anyways about people being their OWN home and have to be aware not partyin at 8AM when they have a free day. And talkin about loosin streaks that youre not allowed to party when youre not playin well...never blowed off some steam by drinkin/partyin when things arent goin well on some department?

I mean this fanbase....makes me wring my nerves so many times. So many good posters...and so many bad(not that i mean you by that ;) ). You know, like someone said earlier, people party, hard. Also hockey players do and let them, its one of their ways to blow off steam. Would have some stories to tell you about Teemu and Saku partyin but ofc i wont and look at them how they fared :)!

Exactly, and I am pretty sure those poster have done a lot worse.

We don't even know if he was partying.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
From what has been released (not much) it sounds like Galchenyuk has done nothing wrong.

Just watch the ineptitude boil over and a bad desperation trade happen regardless.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal

Assuming you're a guy and you date a younger women :

(Your age / 2) + 7 < Her age

That's on the younger side. You can always do it the other way if, like Alex, you're into older women:

(Her age / 2) + 7 < Your age

It works pretty well. As I said, Alex is a little bit on the edge but he's OK:

27 /2 + 7 = 20.5

TouzY

Dec 1, 2014
Quebec
Quick question.

Am I the only one who doesn't give a crap about what NHL players do outside the ice ?
As long as they work hard on ice I couldn't care less about their parties. It's taking so much media attention for nothing.

This being said, this story will hurt Chucky's chance of staying in MTL, which it shouldn't.
So we're going to lose our top pointer in the last 15 games... best pointer with a 3rd liner TOI.

Fire Therrien. (Before everything, fire this guy, or nothing will change, talented players wont play and the called up players will be eating hotdogs to become "a better person".)

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec

Don't know if it's the same, but I always heard the younger partner couldn't be younger than half the older's age plus 7.

So I'm 35. Half of that is 17.5. Plus 7 = 24.5. So according to this, I shouldn't date a girl younger than 24 years old and a half, because it would be creepy.

I personally think that if I dated anyone younger than 30, it would be. But I don't have to worry, my wife is 2 years older than me.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
Don't know if it's the same, but I always heard the younger partner couldn't be younger than half the older's age plus 7.

So I'm 35. Half of that is 17.5. Plus 7 = 24.5. So according to this, I shouldn't date a girl younger than 24 years old and a half, because it would be creepy.

I personally think that if I dated anyone younger than 30, it would be. But I don't have to worry, my wife is 2 years older than me.

Yep. It works pretty well from age 16 and up.

You do get strange results around 80 or 90 years old, though. Like, a 80yo guy can date women anywhere between 47 and 146yo. :laugh:

FuzzyWuzzy

I'm still alive
Dec 20, 2012
Montreal
I was thinking the same when I read the tweet from John Lu. What can MB really tell these guys anyway? If you don't go to bed earlier I'll ship you out of town?

If this happened anywhere other than Montreal this incident would hardly get a mention in the news.

He's most likely meeting with them to give them instructions as to how he wants them to weather this "storm" (ie, how to answer to the media, etc...).

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
Quick question.

Am I the only one who doesn't give a crap about what NHL players do outside the ice ?
As long as they work hard on ice I couldn't care less about their parties. It's taking so much media attention for nothing.

This being said, this story will hurt Chucky's chance of staying in MTL, which it shouldn't.
So we're going to lose our top pointer in the last 15 games... best pointer with a 3rd liner TOI.

Fire Therrien. (Before everything, fire this guy, or nothing will change, talented players wont play and the called up players will be eating hotdogs to become "a better person".)

I think it's 'alright' when they perform, but Galchenyuk doesn't. He was a 3rd overall pick and he's disapointing.

Seguin was traded for the same reasons... so I hope Galchenyuk is not traded.

Vi Nc E x13x

Oct 30, 2011
Who Knows
I have a lady friend who knows Alex from him trying to date her and she couldnt get on with it because he was so much younger than her (something like 8 years younger). This seems to confirm that he has a fetish for older women :P

He is looking for an older sister to date

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007

The vultures are probably already on their way to Montreal. How long before Jim Nill is in Marc Bergevin's office pimping garbage prospects in the Dallas system that will totally save the Habs season.

Canadian_Brewtality

Feb 16, 2005
So tired of hearing, "they are millionaire kids in Montréal, you would do the same!!"

How about all the guys who do party and dont have stuff Spill out into the media?

This is not 20 years ago. These guys are being paid millions of dollars, and all they ask is to NOT get yourself in bad situations. Not stop partying, but be smart.

Then the fans come out and pardon everything, because as usual, athlletes are not only idolized and given a different set of rules, but those who condemn their actions are being too harsh.

As soon as PK Subban steps out of the arena, he can get into trouble at any point. You know why you dont hear anything? Cause he is smart and respectful.

And sorry, if im in a EXTREMELY high profile and paying job, i do my best to stay on top. Not many of us get 4 months to unwind and relax- thats the time to do it.

So tired of pardoning everything these guys do. Smarten up.

And to the guy who pays 600$ to bring his family to Watch this team, to even think some guys are not 100% cause of their lifestyle is tough to swallow.

JayKing

Go Habs Go
Dec 30, 2011
Montreal
The Habs are so freaking dumb sometimes. Why would they openly say they are meeting with DSP and Galchenyuk after that incident? What good can come out of this?

Now media and people are all over this all because of a non-news story.

Public shaming as a wake up call. I'd argue like you that it never works and no good comes out of it but it's an old school mentality that seems very prevalent in hockey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad