Player Discussion Alex Galchenyuk - **Please READ MOD WARNINGS In First Post Before Posting***

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
This whole thing is about as Earth shattering as the story some years back that was supposed to bring the club huge levels of embarrassment and all it was was the Kostitsyn brothers and Hamrlik lived in the same building as a guy who 'knew a guy' in the mob.

It's only 'trending' because it's being perpetuated by circling vultures. If this happened in October, I doubt we'd have even heard a peep about it from the 'reporters' in question.

God i remember this. Demers cried in the Antichambre while talking about it. It was embarrassing.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
The Habs are so freaking dumb sometimes. Why would they openly say they are meeting with DSP and Galchenyuk after that incident? What good can come out of this?

Now media and people are all over this all because of a non-news story.

I was thinking the same when I read the tweet from John Lu. What can MB really tell these guys anyway? If you don't go to bed earlier I'll ship you out of town?

If this happened anywhere other than Montreal this incident would hardly get a mention in the news.

StanAjax

Jul 30, 2003
Nantes
Visit site
waffledave said:
But, even if I go out and drink till 2-3 am, I'm always awake the next day at 7:30/8:00 am, even on weekends. It's weird to me that so many of you are shocked that he's awake at 8 am on a Sunday. Don't any of you have dogs?

Jakomyte said:
That was my thought too. Why is being awake at 8am so weird? I'm up every morning, including weekends, at the same time, regardless of how late I was up the night before. One of the many ways having a dog forced be to be an actual adult.

Both of you have a strange way of spelling "prostate issue". :sarcasm:

The cocker is always the last to show up in the morning here. She's old though.

Rafafouille

May 12, 2015
QC
Is there any reliable news sources suggesting there might be accusations against Galchenyuk or that he might have done anything illegal?

Nope. His girlfriend beat him up(Most likely was found with another girl) but he was brillant enough not to fight back. She's in trouble, he isn't.

Blackshad

Oct 12, 2002
Bye-Bye DSP! surely next to be shipped out for a bag of pucks.

Bergevin will punish/send a message to Galchenyuk by shipping out his party buddy a al 'Christian Thomas'.

As far as we know, he is the victim here. It seems harsh to punish someone who was the victim of dometic violence.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
I was thinking the same when I read the tweet from John Lu. What can MB really tell these guys anyway? If you don't go to bed earlier I'll ship you out of town?

If this happened anywhere other than Montreal this incident would hardly get a mention in the news.

Shouldn't John Lu be busy ruining people's pregnancy news?

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
This is going to snowball into something stupid and organization will make a bad move.

Makes you wonder what all these advisors, mentors etc etc are doing when stories keep coming out. Even MB handling of these situations are poor

I always think negative then if its positive my hopes arent shattered lol

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007
This regime has been shipping out player left and right based on behaviour. It's a really important thing for them. They allegedly draft/trade based on character. They want to make their players better persons.

Ship Galchenyuk and DSP out of town. If this is what they think will make them win, just go ahead. Bergevin has probably scouted a list of some well-behaved, polite, upstanding young men with solid characters that also happen to be NHL players to replace them.

Alex514

May 10, 2015
Nope. His girlfriend beat him up(Most likely was found with another girl) but he was brillant enough not to fight back. She's in trouble, he isn't.

Not only that, but he didn't prevent the alleged person to contact the police.

Well played on his part imo.

Suiteness

Mar 14, 2003
Time to Rebuild
Visit site
The Habs are so freaking dumb sometimes. Why would they openly say they are meeting with DSP and Galchenyuk after that incident? What good can come out of this?

Now media and people are all over this all because of a non-news story.

Unless you were there, how can you be so sure about what happened? The reality is we don't know, we have a little blurb from La Presse but we don't the whole story. Perhaps the team has a curfew that has been violated or whatever, we don't know.

If Bergevin is meeting with them, there surely must be a reason, right?

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007
Unless you were there, how can you be so sure about what happened? The reality is we don't know, we have a little blurb from La Presse but we don't the whole story. Perhaps the team has a curfew that has been violated or whatever, we don't know.

Well they just didn't meet Bergevin and that was that. There was an official press statement by the VP of Communication that they had to meet Bergevin.

Moen is Gone

@MoeninGlory
Feb 13, 2007
Grenoble
twitter.com
Bergevin is making sure these guys don't have to face the media. I'm sure he could care less about DSP, but you don't want our future-1st-line-centre-but-not-there-yet to be thrown to the wolves. Especially this week

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006

Exactly, we don't know. And we shouldn't. This is why Bergevin and his staff should have these meetings privately. It doesn't concern the fans and the public.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Well they just didn't meet Bergevin and that was that. There was an official press release by the VP of Communication that they had to meet Bergevin.

MB just wants to take the heat off his good buddy Michel for a little bit. He saw the next coach to be fired odds. :sarcasm:

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world

He was in his own home. I highly doubt he has a curfew. The only time he may possibly have a curfew is when they on the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad