Player Discussion Alex DeBrincat

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Would be great to get a nice RD prospect like Tuomisto but DET already thin on RD so doubtful.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
It will be tight fitting DeBrincat in by moving Joseph if we win in arbitration and he's only getting 7.65, if he's awarded another mil+ on top of that, idk if there's a way to make it work.
If Debrincat gets 8M we can sign Pinto at 1.25M and ship out Brannstrom. Obviously that’s not optimal but a Murray buyout would allow us to run a 21 man roster and begin accruing cap space.

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
To me he was baiting me for a response and potential opportunity to troll on our board. Again, the main board is where I have responded on trade topics with Wings fans. He can ask that question on the main board and i'm fine to respond.
Bait. Worm or minnow.

This is the Sens forum isn't it? You don't see Sens fans crashing into Wings forums to respond to everything that is said about the Sens.
Are you sure?

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
If they can't trade him, they should just waive him at that point & hope someone takes him off their hands & sign Tarasenko & Formenton & call it a day. This would fill two of their holes on LW & create a decent top nine.

It would be a big loss not getting something back, but he will only extend with Detroit & no one else wants to give up assets for a rental. I think this is the kind of thing that hurts the NHL & small market teams & pisses fans off that may have to be addressed.

If they get stuck with him next season I would almost want them to make him a healthy scratch until a decent offer is made or better yet send him to Belleville. If they are stuck with him he could get booed at every game by his own fans until he is moved & who could blame them. I wonder if that would move StevieY to do something more? I wonder how Leaf & Hab fans would feel about a really good player not wanting to re-sign there? They need to resolve this asap.
Say Formenton again. I dare you.

Reactions: Ouroboros

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Guess he really wants to play for the Wings, also seems a little risky? His next contract will start when he's 30, so this might be the longest contract he gets...
The whole process was orchestrated by the player and agent to land him in the only market he was ever going to sign with. Keep that in mind when you see the return.

SensHulk

May 31, 2016
San Jose, CA
Good for DBC, I guess he really wants to get out of dodge but settling for 4-5 years now when you seemingly have an 8 year contract available from the sens seems just bad business. I’d even say taking the 1 year deal and trying again next summer is better. I guess Detroit was his final choice

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
Good for DBC, I guess he really wants to get out of dodge but settling for 4-5 years now when you seemingly have an 8 year contract available from the sens seems just bad business. I’d even say taking the 1 year deal and trying again next summer is better. I guess Detroit was his final choice
Happy wife, happy life?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad